Stephanie 4 for Genesis

2»

Comments

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    IN my cart.. less than $9.00 I'm very pleased!

Used my August PC Coupon... under $3.00... works for me.
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

I dunno, $9 still seems a bit steep for a single shape, especially since things like the Creature Creator Bundle and the Gen 4 Iconic Shapes Bundle are basically the same price.

Don't get me wrong...of course I immediately bought it anyway! :cheese: No more complicated mixes of S3+V4+V5+Basic Child+Tamesis+Evolutions when a simple S4 will do the job! Thanks for bringing her back out, DAZ!
    Now let's see how she looks in your version of S5. :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited August 2012

Jaderail said:
    Oh well, had it all ready bought it by mistake. Had the expressions also bought them too. Not going to worry about a refund, they are both updated versions and I get plenty of free stuff every year, let DAZ keep that little bit I say.

That's generous of you. I don't think I'd pass up the chance for a refund (I understand the sentiment, though--I bought a bunch of PC items just over 30 days before they went on sale for $0.99, and decided not to ask for a refund even though I bet they would have given it to me).

You posted in another thread that you need to get the morph bundle. Maybe double-check your itemized history to see if you already have that, too? I've heard some people say they got the Evolutions morphs and the Evolutions Expressions in a bundle back when they were released. Edited to add that even if it turns out that you DO have the Evolutions morphs, the Genesis Starter Bundle is still a pretty good value at its current price.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited August 2012

RAMWolff said:

I dunno, $9 still seems a bit steep for a single shape, especially since things like the Creature Creator Bundle and the Gen 4 Iconic Shapes Bundle are basically the same price.

Don't get me wrong...of course I immediately bought it anyway! :cheese: No more complicated mixes of S3+V4+V5+Basic Child+Tamesis+Evolutions when a simple S4 will do the job! Thanks for bringing her back out, DAZ!

Now let's see how she looks in your version of S5. :)
    Already planning something. :) Will post a render tonight or this weekend. Makes me wonder if the official S5 is coming soon right around the corner going to be in the store within weeks if not days...

Edit: yep, it's official...the newsletter says she's "coming soon." Your guess is as good as mine in terms of what that means.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...ahh but you used the dreaded 'S" word'. :cheese:

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

I'd guess either next week or the end of the month.

Particularly if they are shifting the PA sale to September. Which they say they are.

Won't be sorry to see what content ships with her, and if she has any specialties like her last version did. Those S4 morphs got used a *lot*.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I just installed S4 and played around with it. Very nice! I had trouble with Studio crashing when trying to use smoothing to fix a collision between the top and hair I was using, but no problems with the S4 figure. I 'll play with her more tomorrow.

edited December 1969

If I'm understanding this correctly, the original S4 (non-Genesis) was billed as not just a cool new character, but--since she comes with many full body, partial body, and head morphs--as a product you can use to create your own characters. Unfortunately, S4 for Genesis is just a single shape (the basic S4 shape), without all these extra morphs. But that's okay--she's part of Genesis, and Genesis is the ultimate shapeshifter anyway. So, inspired by the product page for the original S4 (which I don't own): http://www.daz3d.com/shop/stephanie-4-elite-base I call this one "We Are Stephanie!"

I'm currently re-rendering the scene with more optimized settings for the Gen 5 Iconic Characters thread (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/829/) and I'll post the formulas for each character there, but I thought I'd share here in the meantime. All five figures use the S4 shape at a strength of 0.6 or greater.

wearestephanie1a.jpg
    800 x 800 - 489K
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    I think it came out with the evolution morphs. It was part of a package to PC members, I think.

When it was released as a bonus to PC members you had to specifically request customer services to put it as a seperate product in your order history to allow it to be redownloaded when it was updated.

edited December 1969

...well S5 is out. Not sure I'll get her yet.

Scott, I agree, the gen 4 version of Steph still works so well for creating many different types of characters since one could mix the V4Morphs++ with the Steph4 morphs, AIko4 morphs, SheFreak, various Elite morphs, and even G4 morphs. Admittedly, at first I was a bit disappointed when she was released as a "subset" of V4 rather than her own unique character, but it didn't take long to see the benefits.

As I have illustrated, it is even possible to push the morphs to the point of creating an older adolescent (7 - 9 years old).

I really wish they would have released David before abandoning Gen4 development for Genesis.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981
    edited December 1969

NIce to see though that they re released Stephy 4 for Genesis. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people/women/stephanie-4-for-genesis

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

If I'm understanding this correctly, the original S4 (non-Genesis) was billed as not just a cool new character, but--since she comes with many full body, partial body, and head morphs--as a product you can use to create your own characters. Unfortunately, S4 for Genesis is just a single shape (the basic S4 shape)

The purpose of the S4 for Genesis iconic shape is really to work with Gen-X in allowing you to bring over all the S4 morphs and S4 characters into Genesis. Just using her to transform Genesis to the basic S4 shape isn't really addressing more than a fraction of her potential.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    If I'm understanding this correctly, the original S4 (non-Genesis) was billed as not just a cool new character, but--since she comes with many full body, partial body, and head morphs--as a product you can use to create your own characters. Unfortunately, S4 for Genesis is just a single shape (the basic S4 shape)

The purpose of the S4 for Genesis iconic shape is really to work with Gen-X in allowing you to bring over all the S4 morphs and S4 characters into Genesis. Just using her to transform Genesis to the basic S4 shape isn't really addressing more than a fraction of her potential.

You don't need the S4 shape, just the V4 shape.

edited December 1969

...however, for many of my younger characters, I find it is better to start directly from S4 rather than V4 as she loads in with better proportions than v4 so fewer adjustments need to be made.

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited August 2012

All of the "adjustment" type of morphs work best with low values, the only exception are those that are built to provide some kind of "shape shifting" switch and are intended to be either 1 (on) or 0 (off) - just like the S4 one can be used, additional to shape mixing.

If you need to dramatically dial lots and lots of morphs only to change V5 into a completely different shape, you lose a lot of fine tuning abilities once you reach it. So if S4 is a favourite basic shape for you to start with, it is much better to "turn it on" with the S4 "switch morph" and then fine-tune it with lots of subtle morphs in a -2% ... +2% range than to set these adjustment morphs to 80% and try a range of 78% ... 82%.

Post edited by Martin_C on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

DWG said:

You don't need the S4 shape, just the V4 shape.

True, converted morphs or characters are usable against any shape or none (and I've had fantastic results in the past with applying characters for A4 or G4 to just plain old V4), but you need the S4 shape to get them looking a near twin to their original Gen 4 version.

(Oh, and belated thanks to everyone who answered my Evo Expressions question).

Post edited by DWG on