Prevent clothes from "sticking" to figure?

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This phenomenon is most easily seen on women because of their breasts, or extremely well defined figures in general. The clothing becomes like a second skin. This works for some things, but I find it extremely strange when I see a shirt stuck to the figure closer than any shirt I've ever seen.

Is there a way to get a more realistic shape on clothing?

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2012

There is a product that helps with the breast "sticking" available here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/clothing-cleavage-modifier

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

It's part of the crappy morph transfer system they use and it's been like this since DS3, if your item is meant to be skin tight then it works well, but it's pretty much useless for anything else.

You either need D-Forms or learn how to make the morphs in a modeling program.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

I've seen some references to the new push modifier in 4.5 being a solution, but I've not had a chance to play with it yet to see how well it works.

ETA: Okay, I've had a quick play, the Push modifier allows you to specify an offset between an item and the item it is conforming to. Given that clothing doesn't have a fixed offset between skin and cloth that's not ideal, but it is one more tool than we had before.

Post edited by DWG on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited August 2012

Bejaymac said:
    It's part of the crappy morph transfer system they use and it's been like this since DS3, if your item is meant to be skin tight then it works well, but it's pretty much useless for anything else.

You either need D-Forms or learn how to make the morphs in a modeling program.

Pretty much all the automatic converters had this problem. I've seen it in the Tailor, Wardrobe Wizard & Crossdresser. I haven't used XD4 enough to know whether that has the problem too.

If you're a poser user and can't use the Clothing Cleavage Modifier, there are several characters by Kaposer that include a fix.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=239064&category=allitems

Xanna, Naika and the V4 Easy Breast System include The Fixer.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Some clothes may also include one or more "loosen" morphs, and those may help.

What I really wish for is a drape simulation that could be run after the clothing is conformed to Genesis and adjusts for size and shape, combined with a "fitted" control that would allow the user to crank back the degree to which the clothing adjusts to the figure shape.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    I've seen some references to the new push modifier in 4.5 being a solution, but I've not had a chance to play with it yet to see how well it works.

ETA: Okay, I've had a quick play, the Push modifier allows you to specify an offset between an item and the item it is conforming to. Given that clothing doesn't have a fixed offset between skin and cloth that's not ideal, but it is one more tool than we had before.

In my experience using the Push Modifier doesn't really do that. It thickens up the item ... a slider is then provided to give you control over how thick it goes.

PushMod-Offset.jpg
    468 x 257 - 36K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

In 4.5, you can also zero the offending morphs (such as muscle detail) on clothes (as they pick the morphs from bodies).

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Clothing Cleavage Modifier is an absolute must. So far the only solution that works. Very worthy purchase.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Clothing Cleavage Modifier is an absolute must. So far the only solution that works. Very worthy purchase.

Well, unless a specific clothing item has morphs to specifically not follow the cleavage. I tend to at least include that for at least the major female morphs...

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    Zev0 said:

Well, unless a specific clothing item has morphs to specifically not follow the cleavage. I tend to at least include that for at least the major female morphs...

And I, for one, am grateful that you do! I just wish there was a better general solution that could be built into the base figures, or better yet, DS.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

I have this issue *ALL* the time with the supercape shoulders adhering to the character's upper arms in strange loops, when the shoulder is pushed too far back. It is super annoying, because it means I must push the arm forward more than I want to in certain poses. Pose adjustment- for me, has been my only way to resolve this problem.