The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

My complaint ate the dragon: For some reason my Mil Subdragon has stopped working. Grunt.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

blahhh

my brain is numb today.

feh, they want a report but they can't give me the data in a csv. i'm gonna have to piece it together from a spreadsheet spread across tabs.

i started a render at 23:30 last night. it was still running when i left this morning.

it was dark out when my alarm went off this morning. snoooozz, hit the snoooozz hurry

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    AtticAnne said:
    Non-complaint: My laptop's home.

Yaay! Is it all happy and working now?

Not quite, but it does boot now. I just have to get it back like I want it. Installed 4.5 tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll get new dragons installed and turn my grandson loose. Content is stored on an external, so it's intact.

It cost more than I would have liked, but I'm happy to be speeding along again.

I suppose as long as it's cheaper than a new machine and you're happy, it's all good! :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rainbow Mothra is an irresistible force alright :)

There's also a Rainbow Mothra figure, but I'd have to find a way to hang it from the ceiling. I don't think it spreads rainbow dust, though.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Found a photo I took~

I had to take this with one hand, since the moth was perched on my finger D:

Wow, what a great shot! Interesting little buglet, too!! :coolsmile: :coolsmilke:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Haz to go to the dentist tomorrow waaaaah! But is only for a regular checkup so it should be OK, Stll, dentist - waaaaaaah ! Wow the air feels kinda still and warmish tonight, but perhaps it is just wishful thinking :)

Blech dentist - hope every toof is OK!!!

edited December 1969

Tuesday complaints!

- Meetings all morning
    - Dragon ate my initiative and motivation, it's all gone
    - Amazon wishlist is full of plush toys and Godzilla figures
    - The 7-11 on the corner near the office closes tomorrow, no more flavored coffee!!! :snake:
    - Stomach iffy today so far
    - 2 weeks until my vacation
    - Medical bills! :vampire:
    - Sleepy as heck
    - Getting going in the AM taking too long, have to get up 1/2 an hour earlier (foot care, making brekkie, etc.)
    - Getting tired of coding
    - Need to win the Lotto

I think that covers it all for now. Feh.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited August 2012

A couple of old friends were in town this week. We met at a local country style restaurant for lunch. I don't eat out much anymore and now I remember why. I had the meatloaf. It was so salty that I couldn't pee for a day and a half! :ohh: What is it about country folk and salt? Do they think it will preserve them longer? I wouldn't be surprised if someday I find a cattle salt lick block next to the restaurant table.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited December 1969

did you know poptarts come in a hotfudgesundae flavor? even has a few color sprinklets on it

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

@Skiriki: How so? What's not working?
    Oh yay~
    I planted the Dragon Tree I got for Christmas finally. I hope it grows =3

edited December 1969

Somehow, Powerloader for Subdragon crapped out -- I posted to Nuts'n'Bolts a more detailed account of what's happening. But, yay, I managed to make it work thanks to advise given.

edited December 1969

A couple of old friends were in town this week. We met at a local country style restaurant for lunch. I don't eat out much anymore and now I remember why. I had the meatloaf. It was so salty that I couldn't pee for a day and a half! :ohh: What is it about country folk and salt? Do they think it will preserve them longer? I wouldn't be surprised if someday I find a cattle salt lick block next to the restaurant table.

A lot of places around here salt things to death as well. I avoid those places now! Blech. :-S

edited December 1969

did you know poptarts come in a hotfudgesundae flavor? even has a few color sprinklets on it

RAW SUGAR - it's what's for breakfast! :bug: :bug:

edited August 2012

Non-complaints:

- Ordered KING GHIDORAH! He'll start my monsters collection!
    - Ordered a 10in PLUSH LIONFISH toy!!!
    - Ordered a 23in PLUSH IGUANA TOY!!!
    - Ordered PECAN and APPLE Liquid Smoke for indoor grilling!

So I satisfy my inner child, my inner B monster movie fan, AND my inner chef all at once! That's a lot of bang for the buck! :coolsmile:

*edit* King Ghidorah has SHIPPED!!!! :vampire: All monsters ATTACK! :vampire:

Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I logged into my account to download Daz Studio 4.5. I remember people talking in older threads people talked about 4-core processors and 8 GB of RAM. Wow, my computer is old. I still run a five or six year old computer that runs a single core processor with only 2 GB of RAM. I think I have a 64-bit processor, but the motherboard only supports 4 GB of PC 3200 memory. I actually found some PC3200 modules at a local computer store. I didn't know that stores still sold them.

lol I'm glad that I replaced my power supply because the old PSU caused my computer to reboot randomly. Ok, enough about my computer.

oh yeah, I woke up early for my doctor's appointment. I had some time to kill before I left so I tried to log into some MMORPGs only to find that they are down for Tuesday maintenance. I'll log in later today.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Somehow, Powerloader for Subdragon crapped out -- I posted to Nuts'n'Bolts a more detailed account of what's happening. But, yay, I managed to make it work thanks to advise given.

DS4.5 uninstalls the old default content, which included the SubDragon LE, so that could've messed it up. I reinstalled it after installing the Genesis Starter Essentials just in case.

edited August 2012

Yeah, but that didn't fix it for me. :(

Also: complaint! Steph bundle just went up, and argh, despite getting some pennies from the paid render, I'm completely tapped. On the other hand... I think this time I'll wait 'till the DAZ Originals sale happens again. While Steph is nice and lovely to look at, I think I can survive longer without 'er.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Indigo Render =3
    I love this raptor. Despite his obvious flaws (Such as the terrible rigging and joint setup, and the rather poor bump map), he is a very handsome beast and is fun to render.
    For some reason Indigo did not want to open the IGS file that the exporter wrote, and kept complaining about a camera object. I think maybe that was because one of the cameras did not have an Indigo Camera tag on it? Dunno. Well this meant I had to do the rendering in Cinema which meant sacrificing the interactive tonemapping and white point adjustments. This supposedly can be done in Cinema but I haven't gotten it to work. I can pause and resume renders (How awesome is that?) just fine, but the tonemapping won't update. Oh well.
    So here he is~
    The cornea is a bit noisy but at this resolution it's not too noticeable. Also... I'm a sucker for Bloom =3
    Enabling Aparture Diffraction gave wonderful bloom :3

1.jpg
    720 x 584 - 203K
    edited December 1969

it's been a grueling day. i keep getting confusing domain aggregate functions between Excel and Access. using SUM in an Access query is a lot nit-pickier than using it in an Excel cell. i added 19.3 to 188 in a query and ended up with wayyyy many decimal points. whiskytangofoxtrot?

learned poptarts make my eyes tired. just realized i didn't take a break today. i'm too old to gruel.
    not even a lolzcatz today. :)

sigh bus time

edited December 1969

This one shows a bit more of his flaws. The texture is ugly around his heels, and he doesn't have a foot. The joints there are absolutely awful as well. Still, I luv him =3
    Also... BLOOM!!! :D :D :D

2.jpg
    720 x 584 - 281K
    edited December 1969

W00t, my 23in iguana shipped! A new friend for my plush snakies!

I have to clean off desk space for the monsters, though. Godzilla - Ghidorah - Hedorah - and Destroyah! Gives me something to do tonight while things cook.

Safety tip: hydration is important. I've been remiss about drinking plenty of water and wondered why my blood glucose was creeping up despite diet and meds.. 3 cups of water a day won't cut it! Argh. Once I started getting enough, it dropped back down. End of panic time!!

Almost time to go home and the sky is clouding up nicely. I left my umbrella at home, so I predict about a 48% chance I'll get rained on during the trip. Well, we need the rain, and I drip dry! Heh.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Having a white rabbit kind of day - late for everything so far :)

edited December 1969

WHEW! Just finished my second rendering gig. Gonna get some sleep before I start on my third one!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Tomorrow I meet my caseworker. She is commingled to my mum's place to meet me and my mum.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It has been a long but okay day. It started with a long morning rush hour drive into the city for a hospital visit, normal visit, nothing I don't do twice a year. I thought I was running late but made both appointments on time so it all worked out. Every thing is okay, but the long nervous drive takes it out of me. I'll find out the results of my tests in the next monthly visit with my Doc and see if I have to go back to three Dialysis treatments a week or if I can stay on just two a week. I feel great but that's not enough if my numbers are to high. If I need more time on the machine then I'll just do more time on the machine. No biggie, I was used to it for three years. Two extra free days are nice but health comes first. I'm sure I'll find something to complain about tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Tomorrow I meet my caseworker. She is commingled to my mum's place to meet me and my mum.

That's encouraging, hoping things start going your way now :)

edited December 1969

blahhh

my brain is numb today.

feh, they want a report but they can't give me the data in a csv. i'm gonna have to piece it together from a spreadsheet spread across tabs.

i started a render at 23:30 last night. it was still running when i left this morning.

it was dark out when my alarm went off this morning. snoooozz, hit the snoooozz hurry

My face is numb 'cos I had a tooth filled :(

edited December 1969

A lot of places around here salt things to death as well. I avoid those places now! Blech. :-S

Sea water is as close as I get to salt nowadays, it seems to be completely out of fashion nowadays ;)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It has been a long but okay day. It started with a long morning rush hour drive into the city for a hospital visit, normal visit, nothing I don't do twice a year. I thought I was running late but made both appointments on time so it all worked out. Every thing is okay, but the long nervous drive takes it out of me. I'll find out the results of my tests in the next monthly visit with my Doc and see if I have to go back to three Dialysis treatments a week or if I can stay on just two a week. I feel great but that's not enough if my numbers are to high. If I need more time on the machine then I'll just do more time on the machine. No biggie, I was used to it for three years. Two extra free days are nice but health comes first. I'm sure I'll find something to complain about tomorrow.

Fingers crossed hey :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    blahhh

my brain is numb today.

My face is numb 'cos I had a tooth filled :(

nooo drills

This discussion has been closed.