Aquatic Genesis NOW IN THE STORE! [Commercial]

Comments

• blondie9999blondie9999 Posts: 771
    edited December 1969

This looks cool but to me it looks more sea creature than mammal. I think if it were more mammal like it would have skin similar to a dolphin, whale or manatee.
    Yeah... trouble is, dolphins and whales have rather boring skin-- giving it a pebbly reptilian skin makes it more visually interesting.

This still looks like a gorgeous set. The textures and the crest props look amazing. IT is missing one tiny thing. A set of gills would be a nice inclusion.

Mammals don't have gills.
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Humans can have artificial gills either from a mutation or genetic engineering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_gills_(human)

Apart from they would just look super cool on this gorgeous creature

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

I love the skin - looks like a lot of work went into it.

edited December 1969

I really love this texture set too, its really unique and very beautiful. And its certainly not boring

edited August 2012

I like the head-crest, but looking over the current promos I'm not seeing a back-crest -- if you've not considered that, would you please? I'd very much like one included.

Yo, Miss Beth! Sorry I missed your question earlier. (brain fart?) By the way, you'll always be "BethQQQ" to me. I always wondered what the "QQQ" stood for, but was afraid to ask...

Anyway-- I did consider a dorsal fin, but chose not to-- for one thing, this isn't really intended to be a "fish," but rather, an aquatic human. For another, I was concerned about how such a fin would interact with bends in the torso. Given the many problems and snags I had already run into in creating the crest, ears, etc., I decided not to mess with it.

This has been one of those "projects from hell" that end up taking far, far more time than they could ever be worth even if they were super-hot top sellers. At every step of the way, I ran into one snag after another, and I've lost count of how many times I've been tempted to just dump the whole thing and write it off as a "learning experience."

Anyway-- for those who are curious about the hands, here's a better shot of them:

sample_hands.jpg
    462 x 600 - 173K
    Post edited by blondie9999 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

I hear ya Miss B.... Folks wonder why Bruno is taking forever and a day. Many times I felt like just releasing what I can and be done with it but instead I just let it rest of a month and come back to it when I'm inspired and can take in new information to improve the set further. Luckily I'm not making a living doing this so it will get done when it gets done but I couldn't imagine putting that project on a schedule to finish in order to make a house payment. I would have imploded I think! :bug:

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

Here's some of the swimming poses.

deep_ones_pose_promo_2_081612_forum.jpg
    500 x 650 - 227K
    deep_ones_pose_promo_1_081612_forum.jpg
    500 x 650 - 240K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

It just gets better and better, doesn't it. :) :lol:

edited August 2012

I must've had "the stupid fingers" last night when I was making those promo renders, 'cause I labeled two of the poses with the number three! D'oh! The render with the poses labeled "7" and "6" and "3" should be "7", "6", and "5". Sorry about that.

Post edited by FeralFey on
    edited December 1969

Don't blame your fingers; blame the keyboard gremlins.

edited December 1969

I would like to know if I could make the hands smaller, even if its just a little bit

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited August 2012

I don't think people are understanding how incredible webbed fingers are.

Head crests have been done before. Maybe not as good, but done.

The Fin-ears I've seen before.

The hands? Totally new and incredible.

Post edited by pwiecek on
    edited December 1969

I would like to know if I could make the hands smaller, even if its just a little bit

I experimented with scaling the fingers and it doesn't work well at all. So I guess not.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

I like it!

edited December 1969

pwiecek said:
    I don't think people are understanding how incredible webbed fingers are.

Blondie did a fabulous job with the webbing, if I may say so. It was a real joy to pose and play with. And she did the right level of translucency on the webbing, too. You all are in for a treat.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    Here's some of the swimming poses.

Niiiiiiiice! :-)
  • Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Wow, those textures look awesome!! You don't have more classic fishies in your upcoming products too, do you? :P

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Very cool Blondie...I especially love the hands with the webbing! Skins are absolutely gorgeous also...

For those who want a mermaid tail there is a thread in the forum at the moment where a vendor has said they are doing one...I'm not mentioning names as I don't want to sidetrack a commercial thread.

edited December 1969

Well... I posted a picture of the hands, so now it's time for a picture of the feet!

sample_feet.jpg
    462 x 600 - 180K
  • CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Just found this - wow I love this creature! It's very graceful and elegant looking, and both textures are amazing - (as an aside I'd really like to have texture like that for the subdragon!) Will be watching this thread, great job! -Cathy

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    Just found this - wow I love this creature! It's very graceful and elegant looking, and both textures are amazing - (as an aside I'd really like to have texture like that for the subdragon!) Will be watching this thread, great job! -Cathy
    Agree with you wholeheartedly Cath....love those hands and feet!
    edited December 1969

The set also works quite nicely with most of the DAZ morphs:

sample_morphs_1.jpg
    462 x 600 - 237K
    edited December 1969

You can use the morphs to create a huge variety of "sub-species"--

sample_morphs_2.jpg
    462 x 600 - 202K
    edited December 1969

Ooohhh, I'm so glad you posted these, blondie, because now I can post this render that shows how nicely it takes the Alien Occuloid morph (which I'm lovin' at the moment Lol) along with a couple more poses - this time of lurking at the water's surface.

(*Also note that the while you can't see much beneath the water's surface, the creature in the background is doing one of four poses in a frog swimming stroke that can be used in sequence nicely for animation.)

The_Deep_Ones_Main_Promo_081512_Final_forum.jpg
    500 x 650 - 212K
    edited December 1969

Here are some more pictures of the product used with the DAZ head morphs-- Alien Cleft, Alien Grey Smooth, Alien Oculoid, and Orc:

sample_head_morphs_2.jpg
    462 x 600 - 243K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

This product is awesome as it is. I was just thinking what about a nice back fin?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited August 2012

Zev0 said:
    This product is awesome as it is. I was just thinking what about a nice back fin?

The back fin problem was mentioned like a page ago or so, right now not happening, IIRC.

'ere we go:

Anyway-- I did consider a dorsal fin, but chose not to-- for one thing, this isn't really intended to be a "fish," but rather, an aquatic human. For another, I was concerned about how such a fin would interact with bends in the torso. Given the many problems and snags I had already run into in creating the crest, ears, etc., I decided not to mess with it.

This has been one of those "projects from hell" that end up taking far, far more time than they could ever be worth even if they were super-hot top sellers. At every step of the way, I ran into one snag after another, and I've lost count of how many times I've been tempted to just dump the whole thing and write it off as a "learning experience."

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Serves me right just reading the pages with the latest preview pics:(

edited December 1969

I think I mentioned it earlier, but in case I didn't-- the individual spines on the head-crest and ears are individually poseable. There are also ERC controls to move then forward and back. On the crest, there are also ERC controls to "sweep" the crest from side to side and to ripple it. On the ears, there's a control to move the spines out or in.

To show this off better, here are a few "vanilla" (untextured) shots:

sample_spines.jpg
    600 x 600 - 101K
    edited December 1969

this is loooking more amazing each time I check the page