GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

Comments

• artistb3artistb3 Posts: 188
    edited December 1969

artistb3 said:
    For saving a full scene, the File->Save now basically works the same as the File->Save As which makes it useless. In fact, less than useless in my estimation since it no longer even populates the "File Name:" field in the save dialog. This is going to result in users inadvertently over-writing the wrong files...

It shouldn't prompt if the user information of the scene matches the current user - Edit>Preferences>General, click the Edit button under the Authorship info panel. This was done to make it harder to overwrite content delivery files, such as the default loader for Genesis.

Richard: Thanks, this resolves it. I now understand the following change log entry: "Fixed #45596 : Fixed save to only act like save as if the author of the loaded file and the current author are not the same". Works different from DS4 so good to know but probably good to know for DS4, as well, since I could never quite understand when the dialog was going to pop us after File-Save was invoked (sometimes did, sometimes didn't).

Why aren't two empty strings considered a match? At minimum, if no match, might be safer if the dialog populates the "File Name:" field with the name of the currently loaded scene (if there is one).

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Tied to post this question earlier but the forums have been acting funny for the past few hours.

Is the Cartoon Render Style Option in the Render Settings working correctly with 4.5?

I tried doing some test renders and they weren't having the same quality look that 4 gave. The toon effect wasn't even noticeable in several cases and in others it looked very different from what I'd get in Studio 4 or even Studio 3.

• LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited August 2012

I'm Blond so please forgive me for the following Dumb Questions:-

I have Daz Studio 4 Advanced plus most all of the Genesis Extras (V5/M5 etc)

1. Is DS 4.5 an version update or is it an Upgrade which has to be paid for?
    2. Assuming it's an update, do I have to also download the 'DAZ Studio 4 Advanced Upgrade' file again?
    3. Do all my Genesis extras also have to be reset and downloaded?

Post edited by LeggyBlond on
    edited December 1969

Reset your downloads, that is the old version.

Decimator does what it says, it creates a low poly version of a figure. Really not recommended for Genesis I believe.

I've reset my Downloads from my Itemised history and I'm also getting the old version so can anyone 'give me a clue?'

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    Cymbidium said:
    jeanke said:
    Cymbidium said:
    Just found a new prob - InaneGlory's Photo Studio 1 lights cause an immediate crash to desktop. Guess these will have to be updated also? Anyone else experienced this? *scissors*

That's what happens to me too, i do hope they'll get an update! :roll:

And it's both 1 and 2.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Ps: any one filled in a bug report for that???

Sort of glad it wasn't only me, but that's not promising. Only have '1', but I guess they would be essentially the same light shaders so not surprising they are both affected. I haven't filled in a bug report (never having made one before) - was really waiting to see how many more people had experienced this.

I'll fill one in, we'll see what happens. Atleast they know it's a problem :).

Grtz Jean-Claude

Thanks Jean-Claude!! :) I suppose it may be a case that the vendor will have to make the decision whether to spend time upgrading, but it would be really annoying if it wasn't done. Haven't tested many other light sets, since working on a new character right now. Hoping that there aren't too many more affected by the new version. *fingerscrossed*

• CreekyPointStudiosCreekyPointStudios Posts: 28
    edited August 2012

I have reset & downloaded my pw shaders - the only one showing as 'updated' in my DS4.5 is pwGhost (only one highlighted blue designating new files) - however none of the shaders are rendering here correctly now I have updated - if the diffuse colour is set (ie. not white) then the item renders whatever colour the diffues is, or it renders white - no effects, nothing - just solid bright white. Not even the ghost shaders are working for me even though they say they have been updated :( is anyone else having problems?

Post edited by CreekyPointStudios on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited August 2012

2. Assuming it's an update, do I have to also download the 'DAZ Studio 4 Advanced Upgrade' file again?

1. It's a free update.
    2. yes, reset the main application from your order hsitory to get the new version - it will also add the old version to your downloads.
    3. a lot of them, yes, though I do have a script to fix the Duplicate IDs issue - I'd suggest that only as a stop-gap, so you can spread the downloading of new files out.

I've reset my Downloads from my Itemised history and I'm also getting the old version so can anyone 'give me a clue?'

Decimator is supplied in the main DS4.5 installer, you simply need to give it your serial number through help>About Installed plugins.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I was a little leery about moving up to DS4.5 but ... on the whole I am glad I did. Still not sure what a few of the new features do, but I suspect I will slowly come to grips with them in time.

What I will do, however, is stand up and applaud the 'save scene subset' option under the File menu. It does what it says on the tin and made the creation of a particular render a lot, lot simpler. Using that option you can select what objects in the open scene you wish to save (in my case it was a 'complex' muzzle flash, comprising two actual muzzle flash props, a linear point light and a primitive cylinder (with diffuse, ambient and trans maps applied)). Saved those once I was happy with the overall effect and since I had four guns firing merged the created .duf file back in three times. That was, in effect, a copy/paste of bits of the scene made without having to mess about with the scene like I would have had to previously (get wanted effect, delete all other components of the scene, save scene, re-load original scene, merge in the 'mini-scene' as many times as needed).

edited December 1969

1. It's a free update.
    2. yes, reset the main application from your order hsitory to get the new version - it will also add the old version to your downloads.
    3. a lot of them, yes, though I do have a script to fix the Duplicate IDs issue - I'd suggest that only as a stop-gap, so you can spread the downloading of new files out.

Decimator is supplied in the main DS4.5 installer, you simply need to give it your serial number through help>About Installed plugins.

After re-setting my downloads, 'All' files when clicked for download show as the old version and there is no sign of 'Decimator' whatever that is.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

If you got the paid for version then the Decimator is part of the package. If you got on board after DAZ started giving away DAZ Studio Pro then Decimator is not part of the package so don't worry about it.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    If you got the paid for version then the Decimator is part of the package. If you got on board after DAZ started giving away DAZ Studio Pro then Decimator is not part of the package so don't worry about it.

Decimator, when I bought it and whatever matters not as all I get on a reset is the old version. I've written to the help people as I'm getting a tad peed off.

It would be far simpler to have simply placed it in the downloads(as used to be the case) with a brief mail informing us it was available. The only reason I knew about it was because I looked in the forum which I don't do very often.

Whatever way I only seem to get '4.0.3.47.'

edited December 1969

The update mailing reminders are MIA for everyone at the moment.... If you bought it then you should have the update. Call up DAZ if your in the USA and ask that they look into it....

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Decimator, when I bought it and whatever matters not as all I get on a reset is the old version. I've written to the help people as I'm getting a tad peed off.

It would be far simpler to have simply placed it in the downloads(as used to be the case) with a brief mail informing us it was available. The only reason I knew about it was because I looked in the forum which I don't do very often.

Whatever way I only seem to get '4.0.3.47.'

All you have to do is install DS 4.5 and then just enter your original Decimator serial number. You don't have to install Decimator again.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

When you reset you get both the 4.0.3.47 downloads (so you can back them up if you want to) and the 4.5.0.114 downloads.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

From what I am reading in "LeggyBlond's" post I think she has DS4 Advanced and not DS4 Pro. If she has DS4 Advanced can she reset her downloads and will it be 4.5 pro or still advanced? If not does she have to go to the store and add the DS4 Pro to her shopping cart since it is free? Dang I hope I am making sense...lol. That might be what she is confused about and if I am wrong I apologize for jumping the g*n :-).

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:

Thanks Jean-Claude!! :) I suppose it may be a case that the vendor will have to make the decision whether to spend time upgrading, but it would be really annoying if it wasn't done. Haven't tested many other light sets, since working on a new character right now. Hoping that there aren't too many more affected by the new version. *fingerscrossed*

No Prob, and if i understand the note right, it should be fixed in the next build of DS.

The note says "resolved in build 4.5.0.119". :cheese:

Grtz Jean-Claude

• pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

Hello.
    Just wanted to let you know that Reality 2.5 has been released. This version has support for Studio 4.5. You can find the link to the download page and installation instructions here:

http://preta3d.com/blog/2012/08/21/reality-2-5-has-been-released

Cheers.

• TimesurferTimesurfer Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

Pret-A-3D said:
    Hello.
    Just wanted to let you know that Reality 2.5 has been released. This version has support for Studio 4.5. You can find the link to the download page and installation instructions here:

Cheers.

Thank you Paolo!! :D

edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    Cymbidium said:

No Prob, and if i understand the note right, it should be fixed in the next build of DS.

The note says "resolved in build 4.5.0.119". :cheese:

Grtz Jean-Claude

Great news - let's hope that Daz releases the update soon! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Paolo!! ^o^ Off to download now.....:)

• MagentaMagenta Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

I tried to read through much of these 22 pages but can't find what I am experiencing. Loaded base Genesis figure, added a male mat skin and I get black or white markings around the bottom of feet, fingers, upper thighs and shoulder joints, plus some weird lines in the head.A good way to describe is that the skin shrank on the figure. I loaded several male mats, then decided to try some female ones. The female mats worked fine.
    Is anyone else having this happen? I would appreciate any help here, please explain like one of those 'For Dummy' books too. I thought also, the marks would melt together on rendering, but that didn't happen.
    Thank you

edited December 1969

Heads up... Stephanie 5 has been released folks!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited August 2012

Greetings,

Magenta said:
    I tried to read through much of these 22 pages but can't find what I am experiencing. Loaded base Genesis figure, added a male mat skin and I get black or white markings around the bottom of feet, fingers, upper thighs and shoulder joints, plus some weird lines in the head.A good way to describe is that the skin shrank on the figure. I loaded several male mats, then decided to try some female ones. The female mats worked fine.
    Is anyone else having this happen? I would appreciate any help here, please explain like one of those 'For Dummy' books too. I thought also, the marks would melt together on rendering, but that didn't happen.
    Thank you

It sounds like your UV map is set wrong. Now if only I could remember the path in the UI to check that...

I think it's on the Surfaces tab, click the top level character, and near the bottom should be 'UV Set'. Make sure it matches the skin you're using. Most likely it got reset somehow to a 'Victoria' UV. (Edit: Actually, you mention loading the base Genesis figure...I think it defaults to the Victoria 4 UV Set because it's the most common use of Genesis, so least likely to cause exactly the confusion you're having. I think if you dial any of the Genesis Male in, it switches the UV set to M4 if you haven't otherwise configured it. The default figure is theoretically androgynous, but they still had to pick a default UV Set.)

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • MagentaMagenta Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox , that did it! Worked like a charm thank you so much! Just one little thing and I would certainly not know how to do that! Now, all I need is GenX upgraded and I'm set. I love the people here and this forum, EVERYone is so helpful!

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

Pret-A-3D said:
    Hello.

Cheers.

Reality_2.5.0.112_DS4_W_64 is the update that works with final version 4.5, right?
    as it still said DS4 and not DS4.5

• BlackAppleAlchemyBlackAppleAlchemy Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

I can install it just fine, but it won't run. I get the intro window but it hangs up. I get nothing and have to stop the process. I even completely uninstalled it by hand to make sure nothing was futzing it up. Not sure what to do.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited August 2012

jadiana said:
    I can install it just fine, but it won't run. I get the intro window but it hangs up. I get nothing and have to stop the process. I even completely uninstalled it by hand to make sure nothing was futzing it up. Not sure what to do.

Are you referring to the updated Reality for DS 4.5? or DS 4.5? One has to be sure that it is version 2.5.... and not 2.0.... The 2.5 version of Reality will not work with DS 4.0 and vice versa. I have not updated studio yet (waiting for upcoming update) if one feels they have installed the right plug in with the right version of studio and still having problems please post in the DS Reality thread or the one at Rendo...

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Pret-A-3D said:
    Hello.

Cheers.

Thank you Paolo!

Coldrake

• BlackAppleAlchemyBlackAppleAlchemy Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    jadiana said:

Are you referring to the updated Reality for DS 4.5? or DS 4.5? One has to be sure that it is version 2.5.... and not 2.0.... The 2.5 version of Reality will not work with DS 4.0 and vice versa. I have not updated studio yet (waiting for upcoming update) if one feels they have installed the right plug in with the right version of studio and still having problems please post in the DS Reality thread or the one at Rendo...

Sorry, my apologies for not being more clear. I'm actually talking about DS 4.5 itself, not the Reality plug in.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

jadiana said:
    Bobvan said:
    jadiana said:

Sorry, my apologies for not being more clear. I'm actually talking about DS 4.5 itself, not the Reality plug in.

Cool the timing of it made it look like may have been Reality that does bite! Anyhoo the advice for the new Reality plug in only to be used with DS4.5 still applies..