Bye Bye Daz3d

sunfirexedsunfirexed Posts: 50
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Since Daz has moved all hysterically to Genesis I'm afraid the site have nothing to offer for me. So I will not renew my membership like many others. I have been a member for many years and really love V3-V4 and poser stuff, the platinum club stuff has decreased dramatically and not releasing props like they used to do.And I'm not a DS person. This is so sad, cause I enjoy this store. Good luck!
Victor

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Since Daz has moved all hysterically to Genesis I'm afraid the site have nothing to offer for me. So I will not renew my membership like many others. I have been a member for many years and really love V3-V4 and poser stuff, the platinum club stuff has decreased dramatically and not releasing props like they used to do.And I'm not a DS person. This is so sad, cause I enjoy this store. Good luck!
    Victor

I think if you will stick with us over the next couple of months, you will be very pleasantly surprised with the direction we are going with Genesis. I can't give any details, but you Poser users will be in heaven. Stay tuned to the DAZ 3D Channel.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

What on earth did you just said my good Admin? :O !????!

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

I wish I was at liberty to say more, but you will have to read into my post above. Sorry many more details will be coming...

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

I wish I was at liberty to say more, but you will have to read into my post above. Sorry many more details will be coming...

Could it be???

It has to be.

What else could it be?

The Millennium Cow at last!!!

YAY!

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited August 2012

Let's face it... Daz3d folk never was, nor ever will be crazy, stupid - without good business sense! They know their market, they understand customer needs, and they will - step by step - see to all.

YES - Poser users included... basically... all you have to do is read between the lines. GENESIS will soon be available to work in POSER... place your bets, place your bets!

It would have been done so from the very beginning has Smith Micro done their part... but business being what it is, Daz3d - as always, has found a way to make things work. And work in Poser... I knew that is was only a matter of time.

Time will tell if this is so or not... I'm betting... it will be so.

Post edited by MKeyes on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2012

Victor

I think if you will stick with us over the next couple of months, you will be very pleasantly surprised with the direction we are going with Genesis. I can't give any details, but you Poser users will be in heaven. Stay tuned to the DAZ 3D Channel.

WHAT WONDERFULLY INTRIGUING NEWS!! :) :) :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

you should make it sticky! ;)

• SLoTH_XVXSLoTH_XVX Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

Here I thought this would be another thread about someone leaving DAZ and feeling the need to have others beg them to reconsider........

But no this is a thread with a sparkle of great news for Poser users!

:snake:

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

Could it be???

It has to be.

What else could it be?

YAY!

Millenium Cube version 5!

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

The new Poser SR-3 is supposed to improve Genesis capability in Poser. So, Smithmicro has not been sitting idly by. I have yet to see any demonstration or explanation of this. Interesting to see what the future brings.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited August 2012

Victor

You simply can not just come in here and say that and not give ANY hints.... come now.... you this much of a tease in the bedroom?? :P

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Isikol said:

Could it be???

It has to be.

What else could it be?

YAY!

Millenium Cube version 5!

Udders are Not square. Unless Jack Kirby is drawing them.

• mrgraphixmrgraphix Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Why so secretive? whats in store for the future?

• sunfirexedsunfirexed Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Nice! Just hope the good news comes before me and other members finish the membership. ;-)

• mrgraphixmrgraphix Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Ive already deleted all my payment info and membership awhile back.. Which is why i cant understand secrets only reason im posting is i was looking for info on v4 morphs yesterday and got an answer here otherwise i dont come to this site anymore and while here saw this and a few other threads. Why im asking what features are coming for genesis? i use genesis for the use of the face generator pretty much and nothing more really. So would like to know what new things are instore for genesis cause more likely after a few days i wont be back here again for a long time.

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

Could it be???

It has to be.

What else could it be?

YAY!

We can only hope Sockratease. ;-) Our bovine friends have been severely under-represented in the 3D world. [Though I do wonder if I can refer to them as friends? Sometimes I wonder if they have more neferious plans in store for us - a cow stood on my foot once - it is not an experience I would care to repeat.]

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited August 2012

I thought daz had been saying the exact same thing - ie. wait around we have something planned - since all the the poser exodus started last year.
    The special Poser announcement was mentioned at the beginning of the disastrous store update weeks ago, so even that isn't a new statement.

and Laudanum is the new Black

:p

Post edited by adzan on
  • estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

Interesting. I will be looking forward to poser heaven.
    Love esther

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

I would think telling everyone exactly what's coming would be a good idea to keep those considering leaving/cancelling memberships around. If you can't though, how about at least telling us how many months before whatever is coming comes?

edited December 1969

he said 2 months I thought in his post.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

DAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just letting you know I'm staying.

That is all.

• edited December 1969

I had a feeling that something was in the works. I mean, the new plug-in architecture in SR3 wasn't *just* for Reality 3, was it? This way, the guys at Smith Micro can focus what they really care about (Stuffit Expander) and Daz can focus on on what it really cares about (selling great base figures...and the tons of great accessories to go with them.)

It's easy to forget that Daz had to basically rewrite D|S 4.0 from the ground to accommodate the change in libraries. I have questioned the timing of the D|S 4.5 releases but I certainly appreciate the magnitude of work required to get them written, especially for something with a $0 price tag. Now that 4.5 really is out, perhaps "Daz Soon" might come a little sooner.

And yes, Sockratease, I would love to see Daz make a Genesis cow figure. My only question is this: do we get the udders with the base figure, or do we have to buy the whole Pro package?

edited December 1969

it is possible that the "poser heaven" will just be an easier way to get a low poly V5 and M5 into poser ie it might not be high poly.
    I hope daz can clarify soon whether it will be high or low poly. I don't really need anymore low poly people in my scenes. I already own loretta lorez and the lorez male.
    Love esther

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    he said 2 months I thought in his post.

I read "a couple months".....I would guess that means 2 or 3, but I don't know about DAZ_bfurner....

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    Let's face it... Daz3d folk never was, nor ever will be crazy, stupid - without good business sense! They know their market, they understand customer needs, and they will - step by step - see to all.

YES - Poser users included... basically... all you have to do is read between the lines. GENESIS will soon be available to work in POSER... place your bets, place your bets!

It would have been done so from the very beginning has Smith Micro done their part... but business being what it is, Daz3d - as always, has found a way to make things work. And work in Poser... I knew that is was only a matter of time.

I need my Mercedes fix.
    You're so positive.

Give me a hug .
    LOL!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,124
    edited December 1969

As a Daz3a & Poser user this poser heaven thingy sounded promising. But then again I have heard all it before. Unfortunately Daz's track record has be-followed them , So now I keep a "believe it when i see it attitude". This much I am aware of, if Its more of, "you have too import this" and "export that to make this work here", I won't buy it.
    "Once Bitten Twice Shy. "

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Faerydae said:
    I would think telling everyone exactly what's coming would be a good idea to keep those considering leaving/cancelling memberships around. If you can't though, how about at least telling us how many months before whatever is coming comes?

If, as I suspect, it has something to do with SM and DAZ finally getting Genesis to work in Poser, then I think the reason they can't say anything has to do with a an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) because Poser is not a DAZ3d product. It's owned by Smith Micro, and they and only they can make any official announcement about it.

That said, if that is the good news, DAZ won't leak anything specific until SM has actually announced it's out (or close to coming ou), perhaps in Poser 10, which I believe is definitely in the works.

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Mercedesk said:

I need my Mercedes fix.
    You're so positive.

Give me a hug .
    LOL!

Hey sweet!!! Looks like things are ALMOST getting back to normal here - won't be long, before I'll be getting kicked out of one thread or another soon... hahahahahahahahaaa

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

Interesting hint/rumor something is in the works....would be great if it was either
    a. Some breakthru on direct use of Genesis in Poser
    b. New non Genesis poser base figures for V5 and M5

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,124
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    Interesting hint/rumor something is in the works....would be great if it was either
    a. Some breakthru on direct use of Genesis in Poser
    b. New non Genesis poser base figures for V5 and M5

I'd be all for Option B .. non Genesis poser base figures for V5 and M5.. That I would Buy :)