Animated T

PlexxPlexx Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have been working on an animated T for the gaming clan I am part of. One of the problems I am having once going from poser to daz is left over polygons. I am very new to this kind of thing but am having a lot of fun learning. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also I noticed in the bone structure the hip always produces an extra leg. Even if there is no bone there. Is this just do to the presets referencing this? If yes I will proceed to creating more original ani blocks I guess. So much info to learn I am on sensory overload. And this is just a T that moves. lol

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Left over polygons? Do you mean that when you bend a joint there are bits that should move but are left behind? From your leg comment it sounds as if you are using the rigging from a human figure - that probably isn't going to be ideal, especially depending on how you've grouped the item. Are you rigging in Poser or DS? Which version? We really need more information, and probably some images, to help.

• PlexxPlexx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello Richard, thank you for the response. I am using poser7 for rigging with the figure of James as my starting bones. The reason for using this for rigging was naming, Originally. But found the preset movements helpful in daz. ;) I made the T in Hexagon. I will try and get some images hosted/posted soon. The progress continues. ;) I believe I solved the fragment problem.

• PlexxPlexx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

http://youtu.be/OsizHYWPhB0 <- Video jut uploaded to youtube done with it in Daz.</p>

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

You'd do better grouping the OBJ in hexagon and then rigging from scratch, rather than using a pre-existing skeleton. If you make the crossing one group, presumably the root, with at least one group on each arm and two or three on the upright then you can rig that fairly simply - either using a .phi file in Poser (covered in the pdf) or using the Figure Setup pane in DS4.