is this a forum or a place where we all say goodbye? i've read the last 5 posts only things about...

Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
edited December 1969 in The Commons

is this a forum or a place where we all say goodbye? i've read the last 5 posts only things about...
i leave daz..
i will leave daz...
we all leave daz...
:shut:
and that's all because of GENESIS ? :vampire:

come on! :lol:

What if daz can launch us "Sssoon" a software program that we never have seen before... ?
a program that would be 100 times better as we have and know today called iclone, poser or carrara, or...
a program that have mixed features of all other 3d software available (iclone,poser,carrara,blender,maya, zbrush, c4d,max,...)
some awesome character/animation/game studio .

Wouldn't you guys like to play in such kind of program?

Comments

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2012

fixme12 said:
    . . . What if daz can launch us "Sssoon" a software program that we never have seen before . . .

::tttwitch!::

Then they'll come back -- well, some of them. Maybe even most of them. As for no-Genesis-in Poser being the cause, there was a hint of better-than-the-current-"solution" things to come in a recent post (dang it, where's that link -- edited to add: ah, here it is!) . . .

BTW, congrats on your first little green box!

screenshot.20-08-2012_14_.56_.52_.png
    126 x 225 - 18K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    i leave daz..
    i will leave daz...
    we all leave daz...
    :shut:
    and that's all because of GENESIS ? :vampire:

come on! :lol:

What if daz can launch us "Sssoon" a software program that we never have seen before... ?
    a program that would be 100 times better as we have and know today called iclone, poser or carrara, or...
    a program that have mixed features of all other 3d software available (iclone,poser,carrara,blender,maya, zbrush, c4d,max,...)
    some awesome character/animation/game studio .

Wouldn't you guys like to play in such kind of program?

I'm not leaving DAZ because of Genesis. I'm moving away because, I use Poser, there are fewer and fewer products that are offered in the store that can be used in Poser, simple as that.

I used Daz Studio from version 1.8 right up until DS3A, which I purchased,(and not for $1.99 either, lol). It never worked on my machine, I tried all the suggestions, still didn't work. So I pulled out an old copy of Poser 7 and started learning Poser.

I've been a member of DAZ for 6 years, a PC member almost that long. However, I can no longer get new products for my chosen software here, so I have to look somewhere else. My PC membership will expire and I'll only buy the occasional prop that will work in the software I use. I've already saved A LOT of money since the change over, so I'm really not complaining, ;)

IF DAZ should come out with this magical software program I might be enticed back, but I'm really not holding my breath. Especially since you used the "s" word! ROFL

• DoricDoric Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

To answer your last question first, the final answer would have to remain unknown. A program that would replace every other software for 3d on the market is going to be first, complex. Secondly, difficult. Any other house writing it, maybe okay, you would probably get documentation instead of being told to search youtube. I have quite a bit of daz software already, but without documentation, there's no sense in loading it into the computer. 9999 functions, of which 3 might be what you'd use, and no documentation to say first under which menu the desired function is hidden, or second, how it works.

I cancelled my credit card and PC after looking at my purchases over a three month period, finding the full prices were half what the membership was costing. Or, there was so little I was buying almost nothing.

Genesis, as long as it's incompatible with Poser, no attraction there, and documentation for DS is still printed on eludium. Plus, every update for DS is a full download, the whole program, undocumented, and the interface won't be the same, it's a never ending process of learning where things are hidden this time.

I don't even look at the advertising anymore, most of it will be for genesis, automatically of no interest for me.

Or, sorry, but there's little reason for me to stick with daz.

D.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I thought everybody was leaving to protest the continually delayed Millennium Cow.

Genocide... Bah!

Who cares about humans anyhow?

• SLoTH_XVXSLoTH_XVX Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

DAZ has been hinting at Genesis becoming compatable with Poser, so I think jumping ship at this point might be a little premature.

With that being said why are people compelled to create a thread that they are leaving?

I don't mean to sound cold or mean but why not just leave quietly? Why must people always make a spectical of leaving?

:question:

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

I thought everybody was leaving to protest the continually delayed Millennium Cow.

Genocide... Bah!

Who cares about humans anyhow?

LOL...

MOO! :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I'm not leaving. Have to wait and play with that Millenium Cow. It's bound to come out soon. :lol:

I love DS4.5 Pro and have shed some tears over the weekend because my computer was in the shop and I couldn't play with 4.5. Silly I know, but I cried anyway. Computer's back (not like it was yet), 4.5 is downloaded. Ready to install and will probably be up all night playing happily.

• eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
    edited August 2012

I didn't leave DAZ. DAZ left me.:-)

You know, it's just weird seeing myself listed as a "New Member" when I've been around since Poser 2.

Post edited by eclark1849 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I am not leaving. :)

edited December 1969

You know, it's just weird seeing myself listed as a "New Member" when I've been around since Poser 2.

;-) Check this out:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6089/

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

We should probably start a thread saying "Hey Daz... I'm staying" LOL

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I say DAZ should apologize for inventing a new Mesh that can be almost any shape that a modeler wishes it to be. Can use multiple UV maps and textures right out of the box. Can use 90% or more of the old Gen3 and Gen4 figures clothing items without trouble. And then they make the new mesh figure so easy to build clothing for that Artist can develop items so much easier and faster than ever before that they prefer the new figure over all the work needed to make the same item for the older figures. Just Who does DAZ think it is?

I mean really. Blah... nuff said.

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I say DAZ should apologize for inventing a new Mesh that can be almost any shape that a modeler wishes it to be. Can use multiple UV maps and textures right out of the box. Can use 90% or more of the old Gen3 and Gen4 figures clothing items without trouble. And then they make the new mesh figure so easy to build clothing for that Artist can develop items so much easier and faster than ever before that they prefer the new figure over all the work needed to make the same item for the older figures. Just Who does DAZ think it is?

That is a bit cheeky of them isn't it?

[Hmmm, maybe I need to go over to Rendo and tell them I'm leaving because they sell too many scanty outfits for V4 - that'll learn them.

• edited December 1969

It happens a lot, typically if people are unsatisfied or have a complaint, that's a motivation to post. I always look at it the same way I look at the news: if it's common, it's not news, and there's no reason to mention it. Maybe 20 people decide to leave Daz for now, for various reasons: Genesis not being in Poser, forum / store snafu's during the change over, the delay of the TriAx Bovine with Moo-per suit.. could be anything. For every post leaving, though, there's tons of people staying on. They just really don't have much of a reason to post, just to say "Hey, I'm still here."
    Myself, I'm actually working on converting all my older V3 and V4 clothes, hair, and such over to Genesis, making my earlier models into TriAx models instead, and changing stuff over to the new .duf format. Until 4.0, I used Studio now and then when I needed a quick render, it was a toy to me. With the advances, I decided to sacrifice the hair room and dynamic clothing from poser, and switch over to D|S as my primary program of choice instead. I love the Genesis figure, and the fact that I can just use one androgynous figure for any type of character I want. I'd be completely in love with D|S if it had strand based hair and .obj based dynamic clothing w/ gravity/wind etc.. But I figure things like that will come along some day.
    Leaving threads don't worry me much. If Daz wasn't killed off by the forum/PC/store errors that recently passed, then it's a pretty good sign it's going to be around for a long haul from here. Pretty much, the worst is over.. Now it's fun time.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

SLoTH_XVX said:
    ..... why are people compelled to create a thread that they are leaving?

I don't mean to sound cold or mean but why not just leave quietly? Why must people always make a spectical of leaving?

In the last announcement thread before Daz responded, I had a chance to be the first to respond to the OP. I was just going to post "Bye" LOL. But that would have sounded cold or mean, and prodded the OP to come back to respond.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    . . . What if daz can launch us "Sssoon" a software program that we never have seen before . . .

::tttwitch!::

Then they'll come back -- well, some of them. Maybe even most of them. As for no-Genesis-in Poser being the cause, there was a hint of better-than-the-current-"solution" things to come in a recent post (dang it, where's that link!) . . .

BTW, congrats on your first little green box!

LOL THX

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

What perplexes me is people have been saying they're leaving pretty much since Genesis was announced, but if anyone elsewhere creates a new figure that's incompatible with Studio, then there's a flurry of praise for their innovation. I can't help thinking DAZ have to work twice as hard to get half the praise.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

The wonderful world of DAZ is only just beginning. Personally I love Genesis! I'd be totally lost without DAZ... there's no way I'd leave!! :) As far as the people who do leave for something so trivial, I'm sure they'll be back the moment when DAZ and Poser releases solutions to the Genesis/Poser compatibility issue. Then we'll all be a happy family again :)

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

SLoTH_XVX said:

With that being said why are people compelled to create a thread that they are leaving?

:question:

Because they want the rest of us to get down on our creaking knees and beg them to stay.
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2012

cridgit said:
    SLoTH_XVX said:
    With that being said why are people compelled to create a thread that they are leaving? I don't mean to sound cold or mean but why not just leave quietly? Why must people always make a spectical of leaving?
    Because people are feeling hurt/upset/abandoned/... and wish to share their feelings. Companies should value customer feedback in any form. There are clearly many people within the former DAZ community who are not happy and wish DAZ to know about it and perhaps also find others who feel the same way.

I find it quite acceptable that people announce why they love DAZ and for others to say why they're leaving.

Yep. Not that I'm going to completely discount the beg-me-to-stay motivation, but this isn't a fandom -- these people are taking their money with them when they go. And maybe they're a few isolated complainers and all the not-motivated-to-post lurkers are staying, or maybe these posts are the tip of an iceberg the subsurface bulk of which is made up of the customers who are leaving quietly.

Leaving threads don't worry me much. If Daz wasn't killed off by the forum/PC/store errors that recently passed, then it's a pretty good sign it's going to be around for a long haul from here. Pretty much, the worst is over...
    I hope so, I really do. But if the ravening beast-pack of issues that's savaged DAZ is gone now, that doesn't mean DAZ won't bleed to death if the wounds aren't treated. A solidly usable Genesis-in-Poser solution would go a long way towards that, and the store'n'forums being almost back up to snuff helps too.
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

;-) Check this out:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6089/

Yeah, I read that thread. The news sounds great IF Poser is the only app I need to use Genesis. I'm a Poser-only user for two main reasons; 1) I started on Poser and don't really want to learn DS.
    2) DS won't run on my computer, regardless of whether I can Genesis into Poser or not.

So when I say "I didn't leave DAZ, DAZ left me", I wasn't just speaking figuratively.

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    What perplexes me is people have been saying they're leaving pretty much since Genesis was announced, but if anyone elsewhere creates a new figure that's incompatible with Studio, then there's a flurry of praise for their innovation. I can't help thinking DAZ have to work twice as hard to get half the praise.

Well, in all fairness, people have virtually stopped using Poser altogether because of one figure (or platform, or whatever the heck Genesis is). And as far as I know, it was DAZ's choice not to adopt some of the new rigging techniques developed by Poser. How come no one's demanding that DAZ include those new techniques in Studio so you can use the new figures you say won't work? Quid Pro Quo.

edited December 1969

Well, in true Daz-tease fashion...lol... we are only being told that something "heavenly" is happening for Poser users. We don't know if it's really for Genesis (but I'm guessing it is) or if it's a whole solution, a partial one, or something else alltogether... all we know is:

The Daz Team has some news they are excited to share but can't just yet...

That sounds really exciting to me! :)

I can't wait to hear the final on the GOOD NEWS!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited August 2012

Edit: OK, I was apparently completely delusional, or at best had managed to open a really old copy of the Poser license file when I thought I was checking a new one the last time I checked, but in any event what i wrote was wrong and has therefore been deleted.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Maybe the big news will be that Daz 3D has bought Poser from Smith Micro so that there will no longer be any cross company conflict in developing products

oh and from now on Poser Pro 2012 will be free

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

s l f said:
    Jaderail said:

That is a bit cheeky of them isn't it?

[Hmmm, maybe I need to go over to Rendo and tell them I'm leaving because they sell too many scanty outfits for V4 - that'll learn them.

I know, seriously. I can't imagine what they were thinking with Genesis, actually making it possible to create weight-mapped man and child characters with real clothing and multi-UV support. And who needs a three-click Transfer Utility? Clothes should be slow and painful to make! What are we, pansies?

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Poser does have a manual.... but if Daz 3D had it that would be the first "bug" they got rid of in the program