Sixus1 and DS4

CriosCrios Posts: 2,629
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've a lot of Sixus1 Poser character, but i can't import tehem in DS4 because whe i try to use them in DS4 the morph don't work more. Is happened with many of them, and this is the only real reason because i don't left forever DS3 and don't start to use DS4.
If you want try, download Behemoth 2, load it in DS4, and try to use some expression morph.

You find Behemoth2 here -> http://www.runtimedna.com/Behemoth-2010.html

You can download it because is free.

Someone can find a solution for this?

:coolsmile:

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I haven't tried this, but on the product page at RDNA, it says

Daz Studio: No
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Hm. I have his Goblinz figure (though not anything else in the line) and it seems to work fine in DS4.5. I'm pretty sure he worked in DS4 too.

Granted I don't have any of the Morph add ons either, so that may be a factor.

edited December 1969

I've a lot of Sixus1 Poser character, but i can't import tehem in DS4 because whe i try to use them in DS4 the morph don't work more. Is happened with many of them, and this is the only real reason because i don't left forever DS3 and don't start to use DS4.
    If you want try, download Behemoth 2, load it in DS4, and try to use some expression morph.

You find Behemoth2 here -> http://www.runtimedna.com/Behemoth-2010.html

You can download it because is free.

Someone can find a solution for this?

:coolsmile:

I just downl;oaded this figure, and installed it into My Library. When I select the Head in the Parameters tab, all of the morphs are there, and they all work, I don't know why they wouldn't work for you. I am using 4.5.0.114.

Untitled-1.jpg
    742 x 848 - 87K
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

There is an extensive thread at RDNA in which Sixus breaks the news that he (they?) has no interest in continuing to provide DS support.

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?68451-Considering-fully-dropping-all-DS-support-to-focus-on-new-Poser-features...&highlight=sixus1

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited August 2012

pwiecek said:
    There is an extensive thread at RDNA in which Sixus breaks the news that he (they?) has no interest in continuing to provide DS support.

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?68451-Considering-fully-dropping-all-DS-support-to-focus-on-new-Poser-features...&highlight=sixus1

a lot changes back and forth during that thread
    and sixus1 has said he'd be willing to consider working with a ds content creator with a view to getting figures into studio, so he hasn't ruled ds out entirely just yet.

His main concern seems to be the amount of work / time versus monetary return to do a poser and a studio version, which is the same discussion the content creators have had here especially since Genesis.
    Although sixus1 has been slightly more transparent in how he's making his decision and has listened to peoples concerns and comments, which is refreshing in itself

As to the Original topic, does Behemoth 2 use geometry swapping as this was a know issue in early versions of DS4 and broke the morphs. The morph issue was corrected in later versions of ds 4 so the morphs should work in 4.5, although i'm not sure if the geometry swapping was fixed

Post edited by adzan on
  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I "bought" NightGaunt awhile back with a birthday coupon from Content Paradise (got him completely free with my coupon LoL) and he works fine in DS 4.5 Pro RC1. MATs really are not good in DS though, but the figure loads, morphs and poses just fine, if that helps anybody :) I don't have any other Sixus1 figures though, sorry.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,833
    edited August 2012

I'm downloading it now to have a look at, but if it's geometry switching, then you need to know that DS has never been very good at dealing with it, and it was completely broken in 4.0.

EDIT

Yep, problems the geometry switching, and while the devs did "fix" it in 4.5 RC1 it looks like they broke it again in the full release of 4.5

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

pwiecek said:

Thanks for posting this thread.

I don't get over to RuntimeDna's forums very often.
    I'm a fan of Sixus1's work. Hopefully, he will keep making things Daz compatible, as best he can.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

I really hope his upcoming Humanz figures will have some support for DS... I really love the direction he took with both sexes!

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    I'm downloading it now to have a look at, but if it's geometry switching, then you need to know that DS has never been very good at dealing with it, and it was completely broken in 4.0.

EDIT

Yep, problems the geometry switching, and while the devs did "fix" it in 4.5 RC1 it looks like they broke it again in the full release of 4.5

See my post above, it works fine for me in 4.5.0.114, or is that not what you mean?

edited December 1969

See my post above, it works fine for me in 4.5.0.114, or is that not what you mean?

Check the FBM's Jimmy, those cross over the geometry switched body part, the hip in this case, the facial morphs don't.
    edited December 1969

Sorry, you're right Bejaymac, I have never used these figures before, and I was only looking at the expressions.

A pity really. Thanks for explaining.

edited December 1969

When it comes to Geometry Switching in DS it's a case of "what's it doing" and "do we really need it", in the case of Behemoth2 it's to hide his genitals and no we don't need it. The genitals have their own bone, which means we can click on the eye next to the bone in the scene tab and remove them from the scene, this stops them showing in the render as well as poking through any clothing.
    So the easiest remedy is to remove the Geometry Switching references from the CR2, *points at pic* that's him "fixed" with his Thicker FBM set to 1.

Behemoth2.jpg
    485 x 643 - 74K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

You might want to add to this bug report: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=45887
    I don't have many non-DAZ figures installed at the moment, so I've only tested with Michael 2, who does work in 4.5.0.114

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,629
    edited December 1969

Thank you to all, at this time i'm downloading DAZ Studio 4.5, i try Sixus1 characters in it, and after i report the results.

Thanks againg.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I have one of Sixus1's characters, Nyhlloghast (or however you spell it, right now too lazy to check); I had to run it thru that Java program that fixes PMDs (this was before the bug fix was issued), and it works OK in my DAZ Studio 4.5.

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,629
    edited December 1969

Finally i've intalled Daz Studio 4.5, and B2 and other characters work really good, no more morph missing. The trouble is that i still use DS4.5

Thanks to all.