Morph Loader Pro Studio 4

Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 354
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have Studio 4 Pro and Morph Loader Pro.

I was poking around my Runtime and found a free Wert celebrity morph for V4 that I wanted to use, so I loaded up V4 with all morph packages, selected V4, opened up Morph Loader Pro, selected the scale (1 unit = 1 cm), selected the morph target .obj file, and clicked "Accept" to import the morph target. The message says morph target successfully loaded or something like that.

...and V4 still looks like the base V4 face.

I tried doing it just selecting the V4 head, since it's just a face/head morph, but no love either. Am I doing this wrong? Am I supposed to go look for the imported morph somewhere? I'm a bit confused--I thought it would just load into the figure.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It should create a dial for it, too...which you'll need to find. If you look under Parameters, there should be a Morphs and then Morph Loader under that. It should be there.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited November 2012

To add to what mjc said, when dealing with a Poser figure (V4 in this case) and OBJ morph targets always use the Poser preset in the import options, otherwise the morph will be at the wrong scale and give you freaky results.

Also morphloader only adds the morph to the figure, it doesn't "spin the dial", that's for you to do once you find the dial.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I thought I was losing it. So it loaded--I just have to go play where's Waldo in the parameters tab. Cheers.

• zhujian0305zhujian0305 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Morph Loader Pro 是不是对软件编辑有限制?比如max、maya生成的OBJ格式文件,就无法支持!

Google translation:

Morph Loader Pro function is limited to some software? Such as Max, Maya 3 d software output OBJ file, don't support!

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited March 2015

Morph loader pro is a plugin for DAZ Studio. It will import .obj format to be used to create a morph in DAZ Studio.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you mean that the .obj created by some programs aren't working? Did you export at base resolution?

edited December 1969

我用DAZ3D 输出G模obj文件,在Mudbox和Hexagon 2中编辑后,通过 Morph Loader Pro 加载,其可以正常变形。但是用max、maya或blender、C4D编辑,通过 Morph Loader Pro 加载,就提示警告错误,说不是匹配的。

Google translation:
    I use DAZ3D output G mould obj files, after editing in Mudbox and Hexagon 2, through the Morph Loader Pro load, which can be normal deformation. But with Max, Maya or blender, C4D editors, through Morph Loader Pro load, error will prompt warning, said that is not matching.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

You must make sure that you are working in the base resolution for exporting the mesh from DAZ Studio and within the application you use to create the morph. You also need to ensure that if there is an option to preserve vertex order that it is on. Be wary of symmetry modes as they sometimes cheat, they delete half of the model and mirror the other half, which breaks the vertex order. Don't use any tool which adds or removes geometry - a morph may only move the vertices that are already in the base mesh.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited March 2015

is there a comprehensive tutorial for using Morph loader pro for DS?
    maybe even how to use it with morphs made in CA?

thanks!!

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

It doesn't matter where the morphs come from, as long as the vertex count and order is preserved.

edited December 1969

You must make sure that you are working in the base resolution for exporting the mesh from DAZ Studio and within the application you use to create the morph. You also need to ensure that if there is an option to preserve vertex order that it is on. Be wary of symmetry modes as they sometimes cheat, they delete half of the model and mirror the other half, which breaks the vertex order. Don't use any tool which adds or removes geometry - a morph may only move the vertices that are already in the base mesh.

谢谢你的回复!请问,可否用图示方式解释一下!用max做一演示下,即可!

Thank you for your reply! Excuse me, could you explain in graphic way! Do a demonstration with Max, can!

edited December 1969

我又再次用max做了一遍,无论从DAZ选择base输出到max编辑,之后,再次导入DAZ3D,虽不会报错,但其变形完全不是在max中编辑的结果。这一现象,在maya、C4D、ZBr、BL等软件都是同样的结果。希望你演示一下。谢谢,我的朋友!

I do it again with Max again, no matter from DAZ choose base output to the Max editor, after the import DAZ3D again, is not an error, but its deformation is not the result of editors in the Max completely. This phenomenon, the Maya, C4D, ZBr, BL etc. Software is the same result. Want you to show me. Thank you, my friend!

edited December 1969

I don't have 3D Studio Max, so I am unable to provide step-by-step instructions. My apologies.

edited December 1969

虽然令人有些失望,不过还是谢谢你的回复!

我更希望还有朋友会认真给予解答这个问题,谢谢!

Although some disappointing, but still thank you for your reply!

I would prefer to have a friend can give to solve this issue seriously, thank !

edited December 1969

好了,经过多次研究,现在问题已经解决!

方法其实很简单,如果要使模型在其它3D软件下编辑成功。最简单和最好的办法,就是将原来的模型,导出OBJ文件后,重新在3D软件下生成一下OBJ文件,再编辑和创建,并提供给DAZ3D使用。

• Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142

Alrightie, didn't know that about the symmetry mode.    This may be where I've gone wrong.  frown