into a fist.

I have a near solution if someone wants to make a patch:

bend changes:

All of the first joints on the fingers should be set to 70 or -70
the mid joint on the pinky should be set to about 95 or -95
the end joint on the pinky should be set to -75
Also change the mid joint of the index to 120 or -120
and finally change the end joint limit of the index to about 75 or -75

You also have to increase the thickness of the hands, they seem to lose mass as they close for some reason. At .5 child I had to increase the thickness by 200%. This isn't right, but the hands look passable.

Post edited by Torkuda on

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Hi Torkuda, just out of curiosity what does it look like when you click on the bone icon?

I've noticed sometimes that strange things can occur with extreme scaling and the bones seem to be out of sync with the actually body shape. When this happens if you go to the bone icon and right click, go to edit and there is an option to snap/align with the body shape can't remember the exact terminology but that will often fix some problems.

Don't know if that is what is happening for you but you can check by clicking on the bone icon and seeing if the bones line up with the body shape.

cheers

Pen

• TorkudaTorkuda Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

I can prove that this is a universal issue if someone would confirm, but no one ever does. Take your own version of Genesis, make it a .5 child. Now try to close the fist.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Torkuda said:
    I can prove that this is a universal issue if someone would confirm, but no one ever does. Take your own version of Genesis, make it a .5 child. Now try to close the fist.
    I won't have time during the week but I'll try and remember this weekend. Feel free to pm and remind me...
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

so how do you pose child fist?

I understand some pose preset for genesis or V5 can not apply wah I hope,
    if I changed much.

and some pose contoroller (which is bundled before,, I think) may not work well.

then Now I use in 4.5, try to 0.5 child shape and close fist. by manually.

It seems not so bad, and if you use "Align all bones", it seems better.
    but not use Adjust Rigging to shape as child shape.
    it broke bone arrange.and exprosion.

maybe it can not follow so much changing bone arrangements.

fist2.JPG
    539 x 516 - 42K
    fist.JPG
    493 x 473 - 38K
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited August 2012

I did your test. I loaded two Genesis figures. On Genesis (2), the lower one, dialed Child shape to .5 and made the left hand into a fist by dialing the three "fist" morphs to 1.00. You want the fist tighter than that?

fisttest.jpg
    1510 x 1041 - 176K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • TorkudaTorkuda Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

It looks like that suggestion kinda works. Though finally someone actually looked at the problem. Yes, I want the fist to close... well at all really. Try my solution, I think it works better than the purposed solutions actually.