Casual Clothes for M4 and V4

FlyGuyFlyGuy Posts: 16
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello,

I am trying to find casual clothes for M4 and V4. But when I search the DAZ content libraries I find all kinds of sci-fi stuff, military and combat gear, costumes, fantasy, sexy stuff, but nothing you could wear to the library or to the grocery store. Even when I limit the search to Casual Clothes.

Does anyone have any links to simple everyday clothes and shoes for M4 and V4? I am working in Carrara.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Mike

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

Hi Mike

depends what you would wear to the grocery stoe I guess.
    Try 'urban' search.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=urban&x=0&y=0

• FlyGuyFlyGuy Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I dont understand how to search the content. I use the search field at the top to beging and the try to narrow the search using the categories on the left, but NOTHING that I need comes up. I thought I could just type M4 Gym clothes and the search would give me JUST M4 gym clothes but instead I get knights and dragons and warlocks and robots...what the heck?

I am looking for this:

Normal modest gym clothes for V4 (nothing outlandish, sexually provacative, fantastical).
    Nornal modest causual street clothes for V4 (nothing over the top with huge boots, or leather belts and huge buckles, or that makes V4 look like a prostitute or stripper). Just what normal women wear, like modest jeans and t-shirt or top or buisness causual.

Normal gym clothes for M4
    Normal causual street clothes for M4. Jeans and a top or shirt of some sort.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

edited December 1969

Gee Mike
    no need to say thank you when someone helps you
    if you had spent time with that link you would have found
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/denim-and-leather
    Now I know why people don't answer help requests like they used to....

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

You could also try "t-shirt", "casual" and "gym" as search terms in the box top right to find a number of relevant items of clothing.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Gee Mike

Buck up, little soldier. I've been helping folks here for maybe 5 years, and I can't recall the last time I got a thank you. I must have gotten one at some point...maybe one per year or something...no, not that much...but anyway...

If you're expecting thanks, you're in the wrong line of business.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Currently the store search seems to show all items that match ANY term, instead if items that match all terms, so don't include M4 in your search terms, or you'll get all M4 products. Just search on "gym" or "jeans" or "urban" (good suggestion!) and then filter the results using th left sidebar controls.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

I stuck thank you in my sigline now in case I ever forget (except the pink is hard to read)

edited August 2012

head wax said:
    Gee Mike

Buck up, little soldier. I've been helping folks here for maybe 5 years, and I can't recall the last time I got a thank you. I must have gotten one at some point...maybe one per year or something...no, not that much...but anyway...

Haha Joe, :)
    sorry I must have been feeling hormonal yesterday ;)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Of course, Joe is the most bitter and cynical guy here! (I mean that in the nicest possible way buddy!) :)

Seriously though, common courtesy is not all that common these days it seems. I always try to be appreciative when someone renders assistance to me (digitally or in the real-world).

But the original poster does have a point...store searching can be an eggregious pain in the lower posterior. I often make my purchases simply by setting a 60 item display and then browsing everything.

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    Of course, Joe is the most bitter and cynical guy here! (I mean that in the nicest possible way buddy!) :)

Seriously though, common courtesy is not all that common these days it seems..

Hmmm...anyone see something funny in this post? Anyone?

"Common courtesy". In the sentence right after characterizing someone he doesn't know as bitter and cynical. Hmm...such is life in the Carrara forum.

Anyway, what you call bitter and cynical is what I call talking facts. It is a fact, clearly provable, that thank you's are extremely rare around here. In my observations I've decided here's what it takes for people to even consider giving a thank you:

1. They have to like you. A lot.
    2. You have to help them, and
    3. More importantly, you have to somehow figure out what they really intended to ask but didn't, and help them answer that.

Funny how someone will ask something like "Anyone know how to make a UV map for my character?", but actually only wanted to know where to find a freebie gold glitter texture that looks really cool on their robot. You spend days helping them figure out how to do a UV map, but then someone comes along and says "hey, you can get a really cool freebie", and the OP gets all happy and giggly and thanks the freebie guy.

edited December 1969

Hmmm...anyone see something funny in this post? Anyone?

"Common courtesy". In the sentence right after characterizing someone he doesn't know as bitter and cynical. Hmm...such is life in the Carrara forum.

I really didn't want it to devolve in this direction...hence the emoticon. My apologies for any perceived offense.

Anyway, what you call bitter and cynical is what I call talking facts. It is a fact, clearly provable, that thank you's are extremely rare around here.

Again, I agree with you. That is a damn shame that people are not more appreciative.

Your replies are often brutally harsh -- speaking truth to power can do that. Hence; my weak attempt at humour.

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    That is a damn shame that people are not more appreciative..

Yes, it's always those people who ruin things for the rest of us, huh? As long as everyone blames everyone else, it will continue.

I vote we all put a "Thank You" note in our signature lines (or whatever it's called) so that everyone can feel the warm, heartfelt thanks and appreciation we all feel. What better way to say "Thank You" than a standardized, automatic postscript in tiny letters at the bottom of our posts. Or maybe DAZ could generate an automatic script that sends you a "thank you" PM whenever you post something.

I think I'm gonna cry...

Anyway, Garstor, I love you too, bestest buddy ;)

So, back to the OP's original complaint. Yeah, the store sucks sometimes. Oh wait, I haven't bought anything from the store since they changed everything. But I'm sure it sucks.

edited December 1969

Anyway, Garstor, I love you too, bestest buddy ;)

:) Now back to our irregularly scheduled rendering.

So, back to the OP's original complaint. Yeah, the store sucks sometimes. Oh wait, I haven't bought anything from the store since they changed everything. But I'm sure it sucks.

Actually, the store is quite a bit more stable now. The searching blows large chunks but the rest of the functionality is in place.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I'm thinking someone needs a support group to help deal with feelings of inadequate thankfulness on the parts of others, and dealing with the heartbreak of ironic humor. :-) ;-) :blank: :P

edited December 1969

oh cheer up you lot!
    I keep getting moderated because of my attempts at humour!
    putting "Forum Troll" above my piccy prob does not help :roll:
    & I stuck an impersonal thankyou in my sigline too! %-P

edited December 1969

Gee Wendy, If I had my druthers I would make you king Moderator -- er I mean Queen moderator :)
    I once got moderated on a forum for mispelling something.
    I was kicked off a Russian forum for making fun of someone who couldn;t speak english..

On 'thanks'....

Okay, to be brutally honest... Mike already said thanky ou in advance in his first post.
    I should'a realised he was talking to me ;)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

oh cheer up you lot!
    I keep getting moderated because of my attempts at humour!
    putting "Forum Troll" above my piccy prob does not help :roll:
    & I stuck an impersonal thankyou in my sigline too! %-P

I am cheery! I didn't have to put overtime in this weekend!

edited December 1969

I might be able to stay off the forum a bit more, downloaded Blender for Android! (or maybe not, I am starting a post about it)
    now I can drive myself insane with Blender's user interface on the fly using touchscreen!!!
    when Daz does an android version of Carrara the world will end as we know it!!!
    direct link to store mandatory!!!

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

mdelaflor said:
    Hello,

I am trying to find casual clothes for M4 and V4. But when I search the DAZ content libraries I find all kinds of sci-fi stuff, military and combat gear, costumes, fantasy, sexy stuff, but nothing you could wear to the library or to the grocery store. Even when I limit the search to Casual Clothes.

Does anyone have any links to simple everyday clothes and shoes for M4 and V4? I am working in Carrara.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Mike

May I put in a good word for my own store? My jeans and business suits for V4 and M4 are still among my most popular products.