Evilproducers' Carrara Gallery

evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
edited August 2012 in Art Studio

These are some renders that I've done over the past couple years in Carrara. I'm focusing on uploading the ones where I've either used the built-in DOF (Depth of Field) or used render passes to create the effect in post production. I'll add others as time goes on. Feel free to comment, but since some of these are older I doubt I'll revisit them. Still, it would be nice to hear impressions and ideas for improvement of future works, even what does work. If anybody has any questions about how something was done, I'll be happy to answer if I can.

Post edited by evilproducer on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

This one is one of my older ones. I actually won a gift certificate when they had the old, old gallery system.

Anime-Punk.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

This is another older one. I really like the effects of the dust clouds and the lights. The pillar shaders were made from scratch.

ghost-planet-landing.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

These are newer and depict my vision of the USS Cygnus' final moments before entering the black hole. The USS Cygnus is from the Disney film The Black Hole. I'm still working on the shaders for this.

Into-the-Maelstrom04.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 736K
    Into-the-Maelstrom03.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 749K
    edited August 2012

This one's newish. It utilizes a very high resolution spherical render that I created using Dystopia City Blocks and customized shaders as a background, and also as an IBL. The spherical render and a couple other things are available for free at ShareCG. Should be usable in any software. It's basically a huge jpeg.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/51297/view/6/Texture/Dystopia-Spherical-background-image-map

Vanguard-on-landing-pad.jpg
    2000 x 1465 - 809K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

This is my attempt at a nice landscape.

Valley2-copy.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

A Tomb Raider inspired image. Took me awhile to get the torch the way I wanted it.

Tomb-Raider.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 793K
    edited December 1969

A Halloween inspired render from last year. Super simple scene: A couple lights, one pillar, one skeleton and one prop.

skeleton02.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 735K
    edited December 1969

I never did a car beauty shot before, so I figured I'd give it a try. The model is by Bazze. Background is the spherical render I mentioned a few posts back.

Challenger-copy.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I just got done watching a classic James Bond movie and I wanted to see if I could something decent out of Aiko 3. The towel concealing the arm is a really crappy spline model that I rigged so I could drape it over the arm and conceal the gun.

Bunny-assasin01.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 357K
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

To me they look all great. I like USS Cygnus’ final moments before entering the black hole, that landscape and Tomb Raider inspired image. USS in particular.:)

edited December 1969

Thank you. For the Cygnus, I still need to decide ho to do the dome on the front. I'm going to have to plug the movie in again to see what I'm doing wrong.

edited December 1969

I like the perspective in this one. It was kind of inspired by Ray Harryhausen's Jason and the Argonauts. No DOF. I used Subsurface Scattering on the skeleton. It's subtle.

RC-Up-on-a-roof.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 700K
    edited December 1969

I did this one for Halloween one year. I used a spherical fir primitive and a replicator for the skeletons. The skeletons had a custom shader using fractal noise in the bump channel of the shader.

Summoning-the-Minions.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 919K
    edited December 1969

I'm not happy with the pose or framing on this one. It seems a bit forced, but what I do like is the custom water shader for the ocean, and making the swim suit look wet. I used a single sphere and a surface replicator. The size of the sphere is randomized in the replicator. The sphere has another customized water shader as well.

The ocean shader utilizes in-scattering and absorption in the transparency channel, plus a water preset index of refraction in the refraction channel, which allowed me to use a Fresnel effect with the transparency and reflections. The absorption and In-scattering give the ocean primitive a sense of depth even though it's basically a vertex skin.

The wet skin was from the Orca-Maid product here at DAZ, as well as the hair. I put the wet maps in the Highlight channel and adjusted the Shininess channel until I achieved the specular look that I wanted.

Wet-Angie01-copy.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 928K