PA sale moving up to September?

DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just saw this in the newsletter. The PA sale was usually in November, wasn't it?

I can't object to it moving, since the sale Juggernaut of PC Anniversary/PA Sale/December Sale was always rough on the mad money account (and can't have been good for the PA's either, with a couple of other stores also having big sales at the end of the year) Just kinda caught me off guard a little.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

saw that too. guess I'll need to pinch some pennies.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

I got that newsletter too.

Might have been even nicer to consider shifting it earlier yet, (maybe next year) and give us a break between it and the PC Aniversary. They'll still be back-to back, but in the opposite order.

Still, it gives us November to catch our breaths before the December hullaballoo.

At least on this site. I suspect RDNA will still be doing their big November sale.

Although I nearly missed the announcement, having been distracted by what i suspect is a preview of Stephanie 5. They used the S-word. Any guesses? End of this month?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Gaaahh, thanks for the heads-up, totally slipped by me. Not sure if it's for the best, but we'll see.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Will anyone have any money left?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

anikad said:

Heh, I nearly didn't a couple of years ago, in the Year Of Sales That Never Ended... ;-)
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Blast, I'm away from home for half of September, browsing via my Kindle is not my favourite thing!

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Well that news put an end to the current sale right quickly for me.
    Save that money!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

This is my first year with DAZ. What should I expect for the PA sale. I know PA is published artist, but what kind of sales do they have? Is it like 50% off so-and-so's store, maybe changing each day. Or does DAZ just select a few items each day, like the 50% off customer appreciation sale weekend items? Give me some hints to build up my anticipation!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Yeah, basically. We never know the order of the PAs taking part, and the ones who do often release a new product on their day, which starts out at 50% and drops to the usual 30% off when their day is over. It's done in groups, so there is usually more than one PA per day of the sale.

The 50% off sales of the different PAs stores only last for something like 48 hours, so you need to move quick.

At the end the years that I've taken part there is usually a catch-up sale, in case you missed a vendor's day, but the discount is not 50%.

edited December 1969

Thanks, JOdel. Sounds like time to build up the wishlist and save up money.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

There's also occasionally something else going on - like a challenge thread where people try to fit as many of the PA sale items into a single render as they can, etcetera.

edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    There's also occasionally something else going on - like a challenge thread where people try to fit as many of the PA sale items into a single render as they can, etcetera.

That sounds like fun. I guess you'd have to buy a lot to win that challenge!
    I like your avatar.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The PA sale is usually one of the most expensive months for a lot of people, because the PA's all tend to offer at least one brand new item up for sale.

My reccomendation is to make sure you are subscribed to the thread from the very first day it appears, so you don't miss a thing.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I'm not finding that subscriptions are working properly though. I don't always get replies for all the threads I'm subscribed to.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

I usually manage to stick to my monthly budget during the PA sale. The next month's budget, admittedly, but still.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Ya know, I saw that and it didn't register that it said September and not November. Shows how much I pay attention to things I read. ~shakes head~

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

PA sale :lol:

last year was whales, this year i wanna nab the complete sharks.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Wow.
    I always look forward to the PA sale.
    Last year I was pretty disciplined and I'm sure Genesis will help me keep to a budget this year.

There are a few things I want, but mostly going to get some Carrara shaders and maybe some animations.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Guess if it's moved to September that means I'm not going to get to buy anything from it again :( I have to pay my hosting and domain bills in September and with the PC sales in October I can't be spending anything for the month so I have money to use in the PC sale :( I liked it in November... Anything extra I had left I could spend on the PA sale :(

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I usually manage to stick to my monthly budget during the PA sale. The next month's budget, admittedly, but still.

>snrk< So I'm not the only one...? :smirk:
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    So...how does the PA sales month compare with the PA sales that went on during March Madness?

I nearly put us in the poorhouse, that month, but I was also starting off my journey in the DAZ Studio world... But I recall that each day, a few PA's would take part, and their stores would be significantly discounted (50% generally) during that day (and sometimes the next). Is this going to be on the same level? I have ~200 non-DAZ items in my wishlist; should I fear the wishlist reaper...? :)

I'm guessing that they moved the PA sale up to before the PC sale, for alphabetical reasons, because someone has OCD...er, wait, no, that's not it... Oh yeah...as a 'thank you' to the PA's, so that people wouldn't have emptied their pockets on PC items and be less able to pick up PA items.

-- Morgan

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited August 2012

Can someone direct me to the current newsletter? I havent received it.
    I checked my General Subscriptions and it is checked btw.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    Can someone direct me to the current newsletter? I havent received it.
    I checked my General Subscriptions and it is checked btw.

-MJ

http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2012/weekly/weekly08_17_12.html

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I actually did receive and delete it. I completely missed the corner promo announcing the PA Sale being moved to September. Wow.

-MJ

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

I hope the PA Sale doesn't interfere with with PC sale and it's September announcement of goodies. My subscription to the PC ends at the end of September and even though last year's PC sale lacked the "WOW" factor of previous years, the big bonus goodies for PC renewals announced in September always got my renewal money. I've been contemplating taking a year off purchasing to actually load, and more importantly locate and categorize all my purchased content [still missing the Content Library of DS3]. Heck maybe even have time to USE the stuff!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Ebajoy said:
    I hope the PA Sale doesn't interfere with with PC sale and it's September announcement of goodies. My subscription to the PC ends at the end of September and even though last year's PC sale lacked the "WOW" factor of previous years, the big bonus goodies for PC renewals announced in September always got my renewal money. I've been contemplating taking a year off purchasing to actually load, and more importantly locate and categorize all my purchased content [still missing the Content Library of DS3]. Heck maybe even have time to USE the stuff!

What are you missing from the DS3 Content Library? I find it easier to categorize in DS3, so I categorize there and then migrate to DS4, but otherwise the Content Library tab gives you the same options as the DS3 library has.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,712
    edited December 1969

anikad said:

Money? I vaguely recall I once had somehing by that name, but I've forgot what it was.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    So...how does the PA sales month compare with the PA sales that went on during March Madness?

I nearly put us in the poorhouse, that month, but I was also starting off my journey in the DAZ Studio world... But I recall that each day, a few PA's would take part, and their stores would be significantly discounted (50% generally) during that day (and sometimes the next). Is this going to be on the same level? I have ~200 non-DAZ items in my wishlist; should I fear the wishlist reaper...? :)

I'm guessing that they moved the PA sale up to before the PC sale, for alphabetical reasons, because someone has OCD...er, wait, no, that's not it... Oh yeah...as a 'thank you' to the PA's, so that people wouldn't have emptied their pockets on PC items and be less able to pick up PA items.

-- Morgan

maybe they moved it to see who was paying attention? :)

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    My reccomendation is to make sure you are subscribed to the thread from the very first day it appears, so you don't miss a thing.

I'd say during both the PA and PC sales you need to be hitting the store/forums daily to avoid the risk of missing something you'll spend the rest of the year kicking yourself over.

• IndigoneIndigone Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    chohole said:

I'd say during both the PA and PC sales you need to be hitting the store/forums daily to avoid the risk of missing something you'll spend the rest of the year kicking yourself over.

Too bad the forums haven't gotten to the point where I can visit everyday without wanting to scream. If they put back the "my posts" link, there's a chance I'll spend some money.

Indi.