What Happened to Genesis with Daz 4.5?

XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I downloaded the new Daz 4.5 version - previously i have been using DAZ PRO 4.0 - and the first thing I got is a message saying that ...My Library/People/Genesis, Genesis.dsf file does not exist!? How do I get Genesis back?

Also, can someone tell me what other surprises I may expect as I explore the newest version of DAZ.

Post edited by Xfitz on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

The content is now a separate installer - if you run that Genesis will return.

• XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
    edited August 2012

Thanks, and excuse my lack of fundamental knowledge here, but could you tell me where to find the (Genesis) installer and/or how to do this? In my Account itemized Order History I have only two Genesis files: Evolution Expressions and Morph Bundle. Oh, and I have V5 and Michael 5. Are those the installers? Thanks.

Post edited by Xfitz on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You will find the file in your Available Downloads where you downloded the DS 4.5 program from.

It is in an installer called 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe, run it after you have installed the main program.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Included among the DS 4.5 downloads is Genesis Starter Essentials -- that's the content installer.

edited December 1969

I know this should be simple but for some reason its not: I downloaded Daz 4.5 from the GETTING STARTED page under EXPLORE, which probably was a mistake., since the installer was not placed in my AVAILABLE DOWNLOADS. If there was a Genesis Starter Essentials file there I missed it and cannot find my way back to where it may have been without performing the download all over; and when I punch in 14822_GenesisStarter Essentials in the the ENTER KEYWORD SEARCH I am taken to several pages with for sale ESSENTIAL items but not the basic Genesis installer.

Thanks for any more help in solving this problem.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Go to this link, and add DS 4.5 to your cart, and then checkout. All of the files will be put in your available downloads, includin the Genesis Essentials :

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software?cat=1078

The file from your link is 678 MB, are you sure that it is 4.5, and that the Essentials file is not in it?

edited December 1969

I added 4.5 to my cart and then into my available downloads, where I now have a long list of things I can download, including a lot of stuff I know very little about such as GoZ, Darkside, 3D Photoshop for Daz, V5 Poses meta data, etc, and of course the GENSESIS STARTER ESSENTIALS, not to mention DAZ STUDIO 4.5 PRO which I am assuming I already have on my computer. I will start downloading in a little while when I can get back to this project. Thanks for your help. Hopefully I will not have additional questions.

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

Xfitz said:
    I know this should be simple but for some reason its not: I downloaded Daz 4.5 from the GETTING STARTED page under EXPLORE, which probably was a mistake., since the installer was not placed in my AVAILABLE DOWNLOADS. If there was a Genesis Starter Essentials file there I missed it and cannot find my way back to where it may have been without performing the download all over; and when I punch in 14822_GenesisStarter Essentials in the the ENTER KEYWORD SEARCH I am taken to several pages with for sale ESSENTIAL items but not the basic Genesis installer.

Thanks for any more help in solving this problem.

The DS installer and the Genesis Starter file are all included in one zip if you download via the DS Getting Started page (not sure if it's the same if you reset your downloads). In the zip are the following files:

pic.jpg
    484 x 230 - 51K