Architools and having to rekey serial number each time open Carrara? Help

3dView3dView Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

So I bought Architools the other day --and have to say is a lot more to it then I thought ------but am having an issue of having to rekey my serial number each time I run (open) Carrara. Anyone have that issue ? I am using it with C8.112 pro.

Rich

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

What platform and OS? Are you running as an administrator when entering the serial number?

• RendernowRendernow Posts: 8
    edited September 2012

He was running windows 7 64 bit and as admin. ----

Post edited by Rendernow on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited September 2012

Maybe try contacting the dev. and see what they say. The Carrara plugin developers are generally pretty responsive, from what I've read here on the forum.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Install the latest version from Inagoni. The Daz installers most likely doesn't have an updated version.

http://www.inagoni.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.14

A similar problem exists with the plugins in the Advanced Pack which was fixed with updated versions on the Inagoni site.

Right click and run as an admin when you run Carrara and you go to enter in your serial after you install the new version

• RendernowRendernow Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

yes --Jay your right. Julien got back to me to tell me to download from their site as daz's are older. So it works great now.
    thanks--
    rich

btw Architools is pretty nifty.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,023
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Install the latest version from Inagoni. The Daz installers most likely doesn't have an updated version.

http://www.inagoni.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.14

A similar problem exists with the plugins in the Advanced Pack which was fixed with updated versions on the Inagoni site.

Right click and run as an admin when you run Carrara and you go to enter in your serial after you install the new version

Ah, and I kept trying to enter the serial as an administrator. Knew it was something else.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Rendernow said:
    yes --Jay your right. Julien got back to me to tell me to download from their site as daz's are older. So it works great now.
    thanks--
    rich

btw Architools is pretty nifty.

I got addicted to it a few years ago when I first got it, kept putting together houses modeled after houses in my neighborhood, figuring out ways to do things, it was a lot of fun, and surprisingly you can make almost anything, with pretty decent accuracy too.