Look-At-The-Camera script to animate characters - For Daz Studio 1 2 3 4

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
edited May 2012 in Freebies

download and manual :
https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjlookatthecamera

Introduction
This script for Daz Studio will take care of posing the head, and optionally, the neck, chest, abdomen and hip, so that the face faces the current camera.
This script was suggested by Daz Forums member Tugpsx

Use
Select a figure's head.
launch the script
it looks like this
https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjlookatthecamera/ui2.png?attredirects=0
select the playrange to be processed.
Select the bones (other than the head ) that participate in the twisting of the body required to bring the face to face the camera.
click on the Doit buttom
done

Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited May 2012

brand new demonstration video for the script right here !

oops changed it to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhFhNMEwJWA

promogif.gif
    300 x 160 - 363K
    promooo.jpg
    600 x 400 - 41K
  • DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508
    edited December 1969

thanks for this! attaching a camera to anything you want the character to track works well too ;-)

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

Wanted to post another Thank you! This is a very very helpful little script!

• waningmoonwaningmoon Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

thanks for the script!

regards,
    waningmoon

• carol leecarol lee Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the script

edited December 1969

crpw11 said:
    Thanks for the script

welcome

recently i added a similar script but for the eyes

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjstareatthecam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7EDW5WxpT8

yoyou.gif
    480 x 270 - 1M
  • IsazformsIsazforms Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

Thaks¡¡¡ So I have a question. When the figure (i use g2f) is in bed, the head orientation doesnt works correctly. Please help

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Wow, it looks great. I will have to try it :)

edited February 2015

Thaks¡¡¡ So I have a question. When the figure (i use g2f) is in bed, the head orientation doesnt works correctly. Please help

the script doesn't orient the head using a very complicated process
    it' works about okay for standing poses but for not for horizontal poses

if you temporarily Z-Rotate the camera so that your figure, as seen from that camera looks like it's standing up
    then Look-At-The-Camera script will work
    once that's done, you un-rotate the camera

or you could parent a camera to your render camera, we'll call it the laydown camera
    you z-rotate the lay-down camera until the figure as seen from the layDowncamera looks like it's standing up
    you make the lay-down camera the current viewcam
    and run the script

inbed.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 423K
    izup.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 356K
  • I see this thread is quite old and talks about applying the script to Genesis2. I'm trying to use it for Genesis3 and it doesn't behave well. In my animation (a walk cycle) the head wobbles a bit and then looks in all sorts of directions! If I try running it repeatedly on a single frame, the head keeps looking around as if she can't see the camera, changing each time I run it. The animation is in the timeline, not in Animate2.

Should it work on Genesis3, (or 8)? Any suggestions? If it's only for Genesis2 I guess I could use mcjCopyPoseAnim (which I've found very good, by the way) but it would be a lot more work.

Thanks for any help!

• Hi mCasual !

Im a totally rookie in DAZ,Just found this perfect Software 2 weeks ago LOL

and now im trying to make some movies

my promblem is :The script only make effect at the first frame...

For example, in a very simple 5 seconds movie ,I chose the first frame and the last frame to setting the same camera position and angle ,because I want the camera always look at the

same place,then at the first frame I use the script to setting the character's head direction,when I click that "Do It" botton I can see all frames got a pin on it,I thought It's done,

But when I play the movie,the character's head dirction is only right at the first frame,in other frames,that head never look at the camera....LOL

I may need a step-by-step PDF or video to make it clear...

• functionfunction Posts: 264
    edited April 14

recently I spent 2 days to modify this mcjLookAtTheCamera script, make it suitable for Genesis 1 to 9.

Now the job is done, works well, but, I only modified the static part (current frame 0) for static figure, didn't touch animation part because I didn't do animation.

This modification version is to salute Mr. mCasual for his greatest script mcjLookAtTheCamera.

To use it, just check the 'Current Frame Only : 0', and choose those participates, then Do it. Can undo.

zip
    zip
    mcjLookAtTheCamera_G1-G9.zip
    Post edited by function on
  • atoxicatoxic Posts: 130

Thanks - as usual.
    You did all those scripts. I appreciate your contribution.

edited April 14

i can put your version along with my old version

and maybe merge the 2 functionalities and add something to improve the angles

when i want precision, i z-scale the eyeballs 3000% and i reorient the 10ft-long-eyeball-sticks until they are in the camera frame,

but i dont like z-scaling my actresses' eyeballs ... because they wouldn't like looking weird like that

but if i fix that issue with mcjLookAtThe camera i would improve my actresses life :)

recently I spent 2 days to modify this mcjLookAtTheCamera script, make it suitable for Genesis 1 to 9.

Now the job is done, works well, but, I only modified the static part (current frame 0) for static figure, didn't touch animation part because I didn't do animation.

This modification version is to salute Mr. mCasual for his greatest script mcjLookAtTheCamera.

To use it, just check the 'Current Frame Only : 0', and choose those participates, then Do it. Can undo.

edited April 14

i double posted and dont see a delete so

i'll add an mcjLookAtTheCamera pic

note that there exists a script named mcjStareAtTheCamera which does for eteballs what it does for the head orientation

edited April 14

oh and after using mcjLookAtTheCamera YOU Want mcjTorsionSpreader which can spread the torsion of the head joint to the chest and abdomen nodes and hip, but i rarely put the hip in the selection of joints that "share the torsion"

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts8/mcjtorsionspreader

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 130

Thanks again

• functionfunction Posts: 264

mCasual said:

i can put your version along with my old version

and maybe merge the 2 functionalities and add something to improve the angles

when i want precision, i z-scale the eyeballs 3000% and i reorient the 10ft-long-eyeball-sticks until they are in the camera frame,

but i dont like z-scaling my actresses' eyeballs ... because they wouldn't like looking weird like that

but if i fix that issue with mcjLookAtThe camera i would improve my actresses life :)

Oh that's great, welcome back, and please merge it. Thanks! yes