I - MISS - Morph Follower!!!!!!!!

MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Apply Smoothing Modifier AIN'T doing it. It's not... I LOVED LOVED LOVED Morph follower... because it WORKED! Oh did it ever work. I'm having a heck of a time fitting clothing on V4 or Genesis to be honest, depending on the garment and their body shape.

Genesis clothing does fit if you dress first and then shape... I haven't put it thru the full paces yet, but I suppose it does what it should.

But... V4... no no. And since I've just gotten the FULL COMPLETE V4 FIX from Renderosity, which works GREAT by the way... anyone wishing to bring V4 body up to Genesis level... go get this... you will NOT regret it!!!
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/perfect-v4-complete---full-body-fix/94928 - Absolute perfection... well no - nothing is 100% perfect, but I can tell you this... fixing all the V4 body wrongs, has made me pull her out of the closet. I'm back to using her again, just as much as I do Genesis. They are also doing something similiar for M4 I hear... if so, I can't wait.

So... back to using V4 - since I have her in DS4.5 - it's a pain to get proper fittings. HEY - know what, I still have DS3 Advanced installed, I can use her in that! And what's in there? Morph follower... yeaaaah... hahahaha, came up with my own solution.

But... Daz - if you can somehow correct or perfect that script in DS4.5 - it sure would be nice, because so far - it's iffy when it comes to Generation 4 fittings - morph follower did the job. MAYBE... you could improve upon it and put it back into DS4.5? Maybe?... just asking.

Comments

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

You're right. That's the one thing I missed in not getting DS3A while it was still available.

Frankly, I thought it a fine way to fit M3 clothes to the Freak: load M3 as an FBM, set at 100%, dress, and dial back to F3. Or something like that.

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

Well... hmmm - that didn't work either. So it seems, that there are things in Daz S 4.5 - that kind of makes 3 version - no good no more! I might as well uninstall it. The script to fix and update V4 didn't even work right in DS3 - but worked perfect in DS4.5 - sooooo it looks like my smart idea wasn't so smart after all.

DS3-A might as well be dead! UGGGH!

Back to fitting issues. Anyone know how to menipulate DS4.5 to get clothing to work with V4 and all her various shapes, since we no longer have Morph Follower?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Morph Follower was replaced by Transfer Active Morphs.

I had to go to the Customise option and I found it in the Advanced menu on the left, and dragged it over into the Edit menu on the right.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

Have you tried using "Transfer Active Morphs"? I don't have Studio open right now, but if I remember correctly, that did a fairly good job of doing what Morph Follower used to do. Just be sure to ONLY conform the items that you want to transfer morphs to, as Transfer Active Morphs will work on everything conformed to the figure at the same time (so just unconform hair, etc, run it, then conform them again).

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys... never even heard of that. Will go and investigate it now... different name, but does the same, works for me.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited August 2012

Please ignore

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...still using 3.1.2.32 and I too love the morph follower. Essential when working with Steph4 and my LeelaTeen.

Until I can find a way to jury-rig the optical drive I got to the workstation so I can install the OS & other utilities (was given the wrong mounting rails and it so happens that they are "out of stock" at the Antec Spare Parts store - go figure) I'm still stuck in 32 bit land.

...so Studio 4Pro is not installed and continues to take up space on one of my archive flash drives.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Fair Warning, to those who love Morph Follower. The Transfer Active Morphs does not do as good a job. It's much better to keep DS3 on your PC and then save as a scene file. Load that scene in DS4 and keep working. Try the Same items on the same figure in both DS versions and you will soon see what I mean about the job TAM does.

edited December 1969

...well considering I am still working in 32 bit on a system that is below the OGL minimum for 4.5 (a pox on Frys), not an issue here.

An interesting side note to this, I once tried to open a scene I set up in 3A in 4.0.3 and it loaded OK with one exception the character I had in the scene wasn't there even though was still listed in the Scene Tab. When I selected her in the tab and then clicked on the "Camera Frame" control, it took me to the location on the stairs where she was standing, but she wasn't there.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well considering I am still working in 32 bit on a system that is below the OGL minimum for 4.5 (a pox on Frys), not an issue here.

An interesting side note to this, I once tried to open a scene I set up in 3A in 4.0.3 and it loaded OK with one exception the character I had in the scene wasn't there even though was still listed in the Scene Tab. When I selected her in the tab and then clicked on the "Camera Frame" control, it took me to the location on the stairs where she was standing, but she wasn't there.

What figure was it?

edited December 1969

...my LeelaTeen built off of Steph4.