Registering problem

BheathBheath Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi, i just downloaded bryce on my mac. I have installed ect but when i open it it asks for my name and code. I had a code thing that came when i downloaded it. but when i enter it it just crashes and closes.

Any solutions?
Thanks

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Which Mac and OS are you running?

Bryce doesn't like 64bit nor the latest versions of the OS.

• BheathBheath Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Which Mac and OS are you running?

Bryce doesn't like 64bit nor the latest versions of the OS.

Macbook pro OS X 10.8

not sure if its 64 bit or not.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Bryce & will not currently work on OSX 7 or OSX 8.

THey are hoping to sort this out the next time Bryce enters the dev cycle

• ziggy_10f187f27aziggy_10f187f27a Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I'm seeing something similar with Bryce 7 and OSX 10.6. The software starts to load, comes up with a registration window (that I can't enter anything into) and then I get the spinning beachball of doom.

edited December 1969

Now that is unusual. Most people can work fine with 10.6

edited December 1969

Bummer... I was hoping for one of those "Everyone sees that, you just need to do X and it'll work" kinda answers :)

edited December 1969

Sorry. I don't use a Mac, so am not a lot of help. I know there are other problems with Bryce on 10.6, but haven't seen anyone having trouble like that.

You may be better to make a thread, with a tilte about Registering problems with OS X 10.6 or someting, so people can see what your actual problem is.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Two things that can cause this are not installing/running as Administrator or a Permissions error . Command+I click on the Bryce App Icon will tell you if you have Administrator privileges. You should also try running Utilities>Disk Utilities >Repair Disk Permissions.

There also were some problems on early Macbook Pro models but I thought that was fixed.

It works for me under 10.6.8/MacPro and B 7.1.0.109.

edited December 1969

This was one of those cases that was fixed by rebooting the machine. Thanks for the responses!