animate2 disappeared and was replaced with animate lite

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've been using animate2 in DS 4 and then in DS 4.5. Today, I opened my DS 4.5 animation and the tab no longer said animate2 but said animate lite and I couldn't open frames. I tried reinstalling DS 4.5 and tried using DS 4 and both now only have animate lite (which is useless for my work.) What happened to animate2 and how can I get it back?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Animate2 is a purchased add-on. You get a 30-day trial when you first install DS4.

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

aniMate2 is here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/animate2/

There are various bundles if you can find them, but if purchasing, be careful that aniMate2 is included, if that's what you want. Sometimes the description is misleading.

Or if you have already purchased aniMate2, then you should have a serial number, that you can enter in DAZ Studio on Help Menu > About Installed Plugins.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited August 2012

If anyone is considering the purchase of Animate2, wait until the PA (Published Artist) sale next month. I picked up the Animate2 bundle and a few of their motion packs when their store was half off for a couple of days at last year's PA sale. The dancing and cheerleading packs are a real hoot!

Post edited by Lindsey on