DS4.5 loads up Warrior Princess

Charly12aCharly12a Posts: 7
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Is there any way I can stop DS4.5 from loading up Warrior Princess and V5.1 upon startup?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Edit > Preferences > Startup, uncheck Default Scene

• Charly12aCharly12a Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

There is no "uncheck default scene" on my DS4.5Pro, best I can do is "uncheck Load File" and then it comes up blank. I tried removing both the Warrior Princess and V5.1 and saving it as a duf, and loading that file, but when the file comes up, both Warrior Princess and V5.1 is still on. Is there any way, of bringing the genetic Genesis back when loading, or when starting a new file? It's very embarassing to have the default Genesis come up, too realistic for me.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The path to the default grey Genesis on my PC is : C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis, and it is called Genesis.duf. All of my content is installed to the default location.

• Budo-sanBudo-san Posts: 1,794
    edited December 1969

Had the same problem with loading the default Genesis or starting Daz Studio 4.5
    it's maybe a bit of a drastic solution because you lose the morph Warrior Princess for Genesis
    documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My library/data/Daz 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs and find the folder Marcius Hess thats the morph Warrior princess
    I deleted the folder, restarted Daz Studio 4.5 and its looks alright, default, basic female and basic male are also back to normal
    If there's a better solution than I will be glad to read it

edited December 1969

The path to the default grey Genesis on my PC is : C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis, and it is called Genesis.duf. All of my content is installed to the default location.

I found that generic genesis figure, and set my new file (through perfences) to it, thanks. Now when I click on new, I get a new base to create on.

edited December 1969

budo-san said:
    Had the same problem with loading the default Genesis or starting Daz Studio 4.5
    it's maybe a bit of a drastic solution because you lose the morph Warrior Princess for Genesis
    documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My library/data/Daz 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs and find the folder Marcius Hess thats the morph Warrior princess
    I deleted the folder, restarted Daz Studio 4.5 and its looks alright, default, basic female and basic male are also back to normal
    If there's a better solution than I will be glad to read it

Unfortunately, I had to do the same thing, but instead of deleting files, I just moved them to my music file directory, where DAZ won't see them. I set the base figure up with the default texture, hopefully, this will not interfere with any other textures that I might wish to use in the future. Thanks for help.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Go search My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Marcius Hess\WARRIOR PRINCESS FOR GENESIS/

Uncompress the GENESIS WARRIOR PRINCESS.dsf file with winrar or any archiver

Edit the new file and find following lines

"channel" : {
    "id" : "value",
    "type" : "float",
    "name" : "Value",
    "label" : "GENESIS WARRIOR PRINCESS",
    "auto_follow" : true,
    "value" : 0,
    "current_value" : 1,
    "min" : -1,
    "max" : 1,
    "clamped" : true,
    "step_size" : 0.01

Replace in "current value" with 0

Should get that :

"current_value" : 0,
    "step_size" : 0.01

Save the file. Be carefull to the extension. Should be dsf

Reload Genesis and enjoy

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited August 2012

Ooops ... :cheese:

Post edited by Puntomaus on
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Go search My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Marcius Hess\WARRIOR PRINCESS FOR GENESIS/

Uncompress the GENESIS WARRIOR PRINCESS.dsf file with winrar or any archiver

Edit the new file and find following lines

"current_value" : 1,