GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

LOL! Ohhh!! I thought you were saying you didn't have genesis stuff yet... hahaha.

Anybody else feel like having a party now? Seriously. This news is Awesome! And with the return of our Avatars, too... this has been a good week! :) :)

I have some work to finish and some car repairs to perform, and then it's off to see about the 4.5prod in the setup. Considering that rc3 was fine, I don't foresee problems with the production version.

Now I can work on a few utilities!

Kendall

• YacomoYacomo Posts: 25
    edited August 2012

Never mind - problem in chair, not in computer :-)

Nice to see this thing finally released, thanks!

Post edited by Yacomo on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Oh!oh!oh!!! You're *just* in time for the Genesis sale, too!!

Don't pass up on the YDress or Enchanted or the Supersuit...they're all awesome!

Also definitely recommend the Morph Bundle and V5 and M5. They're are on sale now too! :)

(I know how you just need more stuff to install...*wink*)

Got V5, got M5, got Supersuit, need the morph bundle and some shoes that work. Only have two that convert well. I'm afraid to try some of my other stuff. If I need the item, I still have V4 and M4, Genie would look good in some of my stuff but OH WELL. For now anyway.

P.S. I'm already farther behind than I started today. DARN that My Cart.

Meh sounds like the shoes are still the same. I am willing to bet that the auto fit most likely still works like using the transfer utility tool in 4.37 as a Reality user I can wait. Due to being able to transfer morphs it can sometimes help with fitting boots as seen here. Fringe Lab

7762627608_eb1f82917f_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 214K
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    Are the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 any different from the default content that came with RC3? Do I need to download that file, or would it just be a waste of time and bandwidth?

Yes, they have been updated. Genesis Starter Essentials ReadMe

-Rob

So we still have to download & install the whole content bundle just to get the latest Genesis? So much for making the content a separate file! Looks like they would have had enough sense to put the required files into the main installer as Genesis itself is an integral part of studio 4.x!! :coolmad:

There have been a number of us waiting for the content to be split out - I run both 32 and 64 bit, on two different systems and have to do my downloads at a wifi hotspot. This way I only need to download the content once and install it on both computers. Previously I was stuck with two enormous downloads.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

9. We suggest that in order to use the PW Shaders you reset your downloads to get the latest version to run with DAZ Studio 4.5.

2820852 8/17/12 pwSurface - pwSurface for DS2 and DS3 - exe - pc Available 4
    2820852 8/17/12 pwSurface - pwSurface for DS2 and DS3 - zip - mac Available 4
    2820852 8/17/12 pwCatch - 4464_pwCatch_1.2_ds.zip - mac Available 4
    2820852 8/17/12 pwCatch - 4464_pwCatch_1.2_ds.exe - pc Available 4

Are these the correct files for DS4.5?

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

can i just have Genesis base? i do not need all that content that 's free in Genesis Starter Essentials (i never use the free outfits)
    how can i choose what to install or delete the unwanted content.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2012

LOL! Ohhh!! I thought you were saying you didn't have genesis stuff yet... hahaha.

Anybody else feel like having a party now? Seriously. This news is Awesome! And with the return of our Avatars, too... this has been a good week! :) :)

I have some work to finish and some car repairs to perform, and then it's off to see about the 4.5prod in the setup. Considering that rc3 was fine, I don't foresee problems with the production version.

Now I can work on a few utilities!

Kendall

YAAAAAY!!!! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited August 2012

Whoohoo! Found my first bug in the new DS4.5. :coolgrin:
    In the Render Settings pane when selecting Dimensions / Preset to Active Viewport it will automatically tick Constrain Proportions (which it never did in DS4.0) therefore when you restart DS4.5 the Dimensions / Preset has become Customs instead of staying as Active Viewport which in effect maintains a boxed window. This is really annoying. >:-(

Post edited by Gigabeat on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Got V5, got M5, got Supersuit, need the morph bundle and some shoes that work.

The Genesis Starter bundle is better value than the Evo Morphs bundle, at the current PC sale price of $12.59 it's $1.05 more than the Evo Morphs bundle, yet contains it, Troll, Hampton Hair, Scoopback Mini and Casual Surf Wear.

• hamstergirl4444hamstergirl4444 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Jaderail said:
    Got V5, got M5, got Supersuit, need the morph bundle and some shoes that work.

The Genesis Starter bundle is better value than the Evo Morphs bundle, at the current PC sale price of $12.59 it's $1.05 more than the Evo Morphs bundle, yet contains it, Troll, Hampton Hair, Scoopback Mini and Casual Surf Wear.

Yup, that was how I purchased mine back in February, for about the same price IIRC :)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

Not bad, DAZ! It was a bit slow the first time I ran it, but after that, running it is significantly smoother than before.

I just love how everything in the Smart Content is labeled now. I actually find this rather convenient where before with item groups that shared the same icons I had to guess which was an object and which was a material. Not anymore! :-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

9. We suggest that in order to use the PW Shaders you reset your downloads to get the latest version to run with DAZ Studio 4.5.

2820852 8/17/12 pwSurface - pwSurface for DS2 and DS3 - exe - pc Available 4
    2820852 8/17/12 pwSurface - pwSurface for DS2 and DS3 - zip - mac Available 4
    2820852 8/17/12 pwCatch - 4464_pwCatch_1.2_ds.zip - mac Available 4
    2820852 8/17/12 pwCatch - 4464_pwCatch_1.2_ds.exe - pc Available 4

Are these the correct files for DS4.5?

Yes, though for DS4 you just need the one for your platform of the last two. They will also work in 4.0 - the update makes them recompile themselves for the new version of 3Delight in 4.5, as I understand it.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

If you want to use Genesis Generation X (GenX) or DSF Toolbox with DAZ Studio 4.5, you can find more information in this thread. I will release updates for both as soon as possible.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

First time I've used the new store on my Mac and using this link form the first post:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-pro/
    This is what I get (greatly reduced) after checkout from the my downloadable products - kinda confusing...

avail_dls.jpg
    466 x 1000 - 199K
    edited December 1969

Yes, presumably because DAZ is moving to using cross-platform zips (and splitting by type would have required custom coding) there isn't an option to show files for only one platform, and as noted above DAZ is making both 4.0 and 4.5 available for a while so that people can archive the 4.0 version if they haven't. It does make a long list. You want the stuff for your platform, with .114 at the end of the name.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Maybe I'm just a bit slow, but why is there just a link to the store under "Shaders/Plugins" in the opening post? Does that mean that the products in this category still need to be updated to work with DS4.5? That they have been updated and need to be reinstalled? That they keep working with DS4.5 and don't need updates? Or is it just a general information, that DAZ is also selling Plugins and Shaders for their products?

A link without any comment isn't really all that specific.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Real stupid question of paranoid ilk: if Genesis is upgraded to .duf, will it anyhow affect its ability to automagically load morphs created for the .dsf version? Like, custom morphs made in Hexagon?

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    can i just have Genesis base? i do not need all that content that 's free in Genesis Starter Essentials (i never use the free outfits)
    how can i choose what to install or delete the unwanted content.

I agree. I would be nice to have an option to just install Genesis. I think I've just installed about 350M of content I don't really want.

That aside, 4.5 is a massive improvement. Genesis loads almost instantly now as opposed to the slow and sometimes buggy process in 4.0. Excellent work Daz. :D

edited December 1969

Loading OBJ morphs shouldn't be changed, and I haven't seen an issue loading any of the pre-existing morph packs onto a new Genesis. .duf is for "user-facing" files - scenes and presets that appear in the content library - while .dsf remians the format for asset files - the things in the \Data folder - though the version of the code used has been incremented, which is why things from 4.5 won't open in 4.0.

• Rayman29Rayman29 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I love Studio. Its best not to become too focused on it though. I've begun using blender during some of my free time.
    And Its proven worthwhile.

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    How exciting! I'm downloading now but have a few questions - does the Animate 2 plugin work with this version? I haven't seen anything mentioned about that - has GenX been confirmed as to whether it will be updated?

Animate2 is there and working. :)
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

The bundle was "Poseworks Shader Collection 2009" and the sku was 8254 back then.

Looks like that one got missed, we got the other two bundles. We're on it.
    edited December 1969

Are the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 any different from the default content that came with RC3? Do I need to download that file, or would it just be a waste of time and bandwidth?
    Yes it is different. Yes you are going to want it. (Hint, Hint)
    edited December 1969

ok before I pull the trigger is this going to kill my categories?

Install the Software before you install the content.
    Run DS, but don't import Metadata.
    SAVE your user metadata.
    Shut down DS and install the new content.
    Start DS and check the boxes to import the metadata, to include the USER metadata and allow the user metadata to overwrite. (Check box at the bottom.)

Your categories should be preserved. Before this build there was no way to save your categories, now there is.

edited December 1969

Strixowl said:
    PROBLEM with Genesis loading in 4.5 NO .dsf

When I start DS Pro 4.5 I get an error message that the "Genesis.dsf" file
    in the People/Genesis folder doesn't exist. I've re-downloaded and reinstalled twice.
    I even searched my HD to find the file. I can't even open DAZ Studio cuz it hangs at
    this point.

I've had no problem with previous versions.

Help would be appreciated. :-)

Install the new content installer.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the new product. I confess, though, I sort of wish other art had been chosen for the loadscreen. The angel girl in the teddy is a bit Pinup-looking- and kind of irksome to see on every installer load screen. I prefer the more netural previous loadscreens. This one is mildly NSFW.

• BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited August 2012

Real stupid question of paranoid ilk: if Genesis is upgraded to .duf, will it anyhow affect its ability to automagically load morphs created for the .dsf version? Like, custom morphs made in Hexagon?
    Note that most of the Morph packs in the store stopped working in the shaping pane, even though the only changes to any of those were to add regions so they show up correctly in the shaping pane.

From the aspect of loading morphs there is no difference.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • Virtual MediaVirtual Media Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Could someone advise on procedure to get .fbx motionbuilder animation back into DS 4.5?

Thanks

edited December 1969

Could someone advise on procedure to get .fbx motionbuilder animation back into DS 4.5?

Thanks

Note you need to start in Motion Builder with an FBX export from DS. Then it should be simply export it back out of Motion Builder as FBX then import the FBX back into DS.

There are too many variables in rigging in FBX to generically cover all possible imports, so the only way to guarantee it would work is to round trip.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

ok before I pull the trigger is this going to kill my categories?

Install the Software before you install the content.
    Run DS, but don't import Metadata.
    SAVE your user metadata.
    Shut down DS and install the new content.
    Start DS and check the boxes to import the metadata, to include the USER metadata and allow the user metadata to overwrite. (Check box at the bottom.)

Your categories should be preserved. Before this build there was no way to save your categories, now there is.

What do you mean by Save user Metadata is it not there from the previous version?