Jazlyn for Genesis

larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
edited August 2012 in The Commons

I just saw the Jazlyn in the store and while she's a cute toon I don't need any more character shapes. So I was just thinking of getting her clothing and the texture pack. That outfit really rocks and I have a toon I want to put it on :)

I might have to wishlist at the moment since I just bought a ton of stuff yesterday that I haven't even completely downloaded yet.

Looks a lot like Jasmin, but maybe a tad older.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Has anyone picked her up yet? Does she come with the toon lights that the other 3DU characters come with? It's not listed in the 'what's included' section.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I think all she brings is the texture and morph.

She looks a bit too much like Amy for me. I am thinking of picking up The Aven character

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

For those interested - here's a comparison between the different toon girl morphs we've released:

Comparison_3Girls800.jpg
    800 x 335 - 30K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

And the 'toon lights?

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    And the 'toon lights?

We used the same lights in our renders as we've included in the Toon Amy product, so they are not included.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Noticing the product pages are a bit of a mess. The main character product page shows no mention of a skin set or any options that may come with it. The Clothing product page is totally remiss of any promo shots. Folks may want just the clothing since it will fit Genesis in general but there is nothing to show but the main promo shot. Might want to talk to DAZ about these oversights!

• edited December 1969

I'm definitely picking up Jazlyn. Her proportions are just right for the characters I need. In many ways, she's what I hoped Hitomi would have been.

3DU, is there any chance we could get a male version? Jason's nice...perhaps a bit too nice. A beefier brother with a bad boy streak would go straight into my cart.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Jazlyn has a great figure! I really dont need the shape though but maybe I'll end up getting the bundle when I do decided to purchase. Too bad this wasn't available yesterday :(

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

May I see a bigger one of just the Jazlyn shape

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2012

OMG!! I think she's PERFECT!!! I'm in the same boat as the OP... I spent my $$ during the recent sale! BUT I WANT THIS! How long is the price on? Two weeks from today? Oh, Man... I don't think that will be long enough... I need a few EXTRA days!!!

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

I'm definately picking up the clothes. I still prefer Jasmin. She is hot:)

edited December 1969

Ok support finally got my stuff in order so I got the clothing and opted not to get the textures right now. Can someone tell me what the characters on the outfit say, I can't read that language and I'm going to need to temporarily use some different shaders on it until I know what it says. Can't have a toon running around and not know the meaning of the characters on the outfit. I tried to find a readme but couldn't.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited December 1969

Can someone tell me what the characters on the outfit say, I can't read that language and I'm going to need to temporarily use some different shaders on it until I know what it says.

From the preview images, it looks like 守護天使 - meaning 'guardian angel' in Japanese.

edited December 1969

thank you kindly

edited August 2012

i find that anytime i add smoothing modifier to the jacket it crashes daz :( most of the items fit my character fine but the chest area isn't quite right. will have to try to get around it another way.

EDIT: I just realized it uses sub-d and that is why it crashes when you add the smoothing. I never mix the two but its rare that sub-d is added by default so I didn't check there first.

also i find it strange there is no opacity option to hide the clasp if you use the default texture. but this is because of the next thing i found.

I find this jacket does something that I've never seen before, it hides the character mesh that is below the jacket. So its causing some issues with some of my ideas. because it is trying to hide parts of the character mesh there are holes in my characters boobs where the clothing ends and the skin should begin because of it.

Edit again. This clothing set needs an update. the cross bow isn't even smart and does not parent to the hand and it doesn't even come with a single hand pose.

Sadface

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

She looks good, a little like a less stylized Girl. I have decided to remove The Girl from my stable of character though as I don't feel The Guy figure was a good style match. It is really important to me that a figure has a proper counterpart. Vicky has Mike, Aiko has Hiro, Jasmin has Jason, even Freak 4 has SheFreak thanks to GenX. So what I am asking is will there be a male version?

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Anyone know how long she's on sale?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited August 2012

I have a newletter that states - Sale Ends 8/30/12

Thank you Steve for another beautiful character and oufit!!! :D

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

I have a newletter that states - Sale Ends 8/30/12

Thank you Steve for another beautiful character and oufit!!! :D

Thank you!! :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

This is a well-designed figure.

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited August 2012

Bought the bundle yesterday but did not have the time to install it untill now. After doing a test scene i can only say, beautiful character and oufit !

Angel.jpg
    700 x 969 - 416K
    Post edited by jerham on
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited August 2012

Hey 3DUniverse, I bought Jazlyn today. She is a wonderful character, but I have a couple of issues concerning the hairstyle.

First, a question. Why is there only a windswept morph on the right side of the hair, and not for the left? Was this intentional, or is there a missing morph?

Also, there appears to be a couple of rigging issues, namely with the bangs. The first picture shows a completely unmorphed Genesis, the bangs blowing forward. As you can see, some of the tips aren't moving with the bangs, causing them to spike downwards.

On top of that, the hair reacts badly to the "Legs Length" Genesis morph. The second image is exactly the same as the first, except the Legs Length morph has been set to 100%. It completely throws out the rotation points of the bangs and tail, causing them to distort. A similar issue can be seen in the bangs on Jasmin's Princess Hair.

So far, Jazlyn's hair and the Princess Hair are the only two hairstyles in my Library that suffer from this problem. Hitomi's Ring Hair and Day Out hair (the only other hairstyles I have with similar rigging) don't have this problem.

Jazlyn_Issue2.png
    1000 x 1000 - 586K
    Jazlyn_Issue1.png
    1000 x 1000 - 611K
    Post edited by TheNathanParable on
  • SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Another winner!

Thank you Steve!

And now for some fun at the beach;-)

Jazlyn-beach.jpg
    1027 x 760 - 446K
    Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • PhloxPhlox Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

I changed her face a little in this, but I'm really liking Jazlyn, thanks for a great product.

nymphjazsml.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 359K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

She is a lovely character.

155_-_Jazlyn.jpg
    600 x 900 - 311K
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Phlox said:
    I changed her face a little in this, but I'm really liking Jazlyn, thanks for a great product.

I love this :D