January, 2015 Freebie Contest: EllyMae Clampett Tribute

Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
edited January 2015 in Freebies

Welcome to the January, 2015 Monthly Freebie Contest: EllyMae Clampett Tribute

Donna Douglas, who played Ellymae Clampett on the Beverly Hillbillies died Friday, January 2nd. Music has a very elaborate Beverly Hillbilly shack model set with over 30 movable props. It was very popular last year and some folks have won it. Music has offered to put the entire set up as a prize again to all three winners so I am changing the theme as a tribute in Donna Douglas’ Memory.

Your entry must include an Ellymae.

For anyone who does not know the Beverly Hillbillies, here are some links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beverly_Hillbillies

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055662/

The standard rules apply and can be found here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286/

Daz will once again be our sponsor. They will award the three top winners of the challenge with prizes. They will go like this:

1st place will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
2nd place will receive a $12.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
3rd place will receive an $8.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.

Music2u4u is donating his Beverly Hillbilly Shack to all three winners.

If anyone would like to donate prizes for our two Honourable Mentions, please let me know.

If anyone is interested in judging please either post your willingness or PM me.

Judge #1 - Gulan7

Judge #2 - MegonNoel

Judge #3 - robkelk

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

I will be one of the judges for this one it seems.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited January 2015

gulan7 said:
    I will be one of the judges for this one it seems.

Thank you Gulan. I am happy to have your help.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • MegonNoelMegonNoel Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

I'd like to judge :-)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

And you can put my name in the third judge's slot.

edited December 1969

Thank you MegonNoel and robkelk. That would be great.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Glad you got some judges sorted out. I will be around as much as I can, but I definitely hate January this year. I have to move house. Still no absolute definite date yet, but sometime in the next two weeks, so at the moment all the hassle of packing and sorting everything out, and then after the move the inevitable wait for phone and internet to be reconnected, as well as all the unpacking again.

Fun fun fun.

Need some cream pies thrown at the so nice landlord who has made this move necessary.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Glad you got some judges sorted out. I will be around as much as I can, but I definitely hate January this year. I have to move house. Still no absolute definite date yet, but sometime in the next two weeks, so at the moment all the hassle of packing and sorting everything out, and then after the move the inevitable wait for phone and internet to be reconnected, as well as all the unpacking again.

Fun fun fun.

Need some cream pies thrown at the so nice landlord who has made this move necessary.

Thank you Chohole. Your help is always appreciated. I hope your move goes smoothly.

edited December 1969

I heard from Music and he suggested a different theme for the January contest. Donna Douglas, who played EllyMae Clampett on the Beverly Hillbillies died on January 2nd. I have changed the theme for the Freebie Challenge as a tribute to her. Music will be posting some info on this subject a little later and has also offered his Beverly Hillbillies Shack as a prize to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners.

I have included a couple of links to info on the Beverly Hillbillies for anyone not familiar with the show. I apologize for all the confusion.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Ellymae was everyones sweetheart. She was well loved by all. I have never seen a photo of her where she was not smiling. Her life was a very happy one. No tragities or bad news. Even on her death bed she was surrounded by love. Here is one of the last pictures taken of her just before she died. She was as beautiful as she ever was in her life. Not bad for 81 years.

Donna-Douglas-last.jpg
    630 x 473 - 72K
    edited December 1969

Elly was the "critter" queen. She loved all animals and they loved her. She could walk in and sit down with a lion and it would not hurt her...lol. Would love to see some "Elly and Critters" entries this month.

:-)

EllyAndCritters.jpg
    650 x 500 - 44K
    edited January 2015

Just be sure to keep your eyes out for Granny...she will give you a good helping of ladyfinger buckshot!!!!!

BHSScene5Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 187K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited January 2015

Here are a few pics of the shack I will be giving to the three winners. It has over 30 movable props, all the doors work, it has the outhouse in back, you can hide the walls for rendering, it is designed exactly like the one on the TV show.

BHShackPinupDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 186K
    BHSBed1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 189K
    BHS1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 208K
    BHS4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 176K
    edited January 2015

This month's Banner, Just paste this in your signature box on your control panel>edit signature page.

Jan2015Banner.jpg
    400 x 80 - 42K
    edited December 1969

Here is a render of the shack along with a pic from the show.

BHS.png
    720 x 540 - 358K
    BHSDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 241K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2015

Granny has quite an eye for the fellows still NAE

hillbilly_shack_try.jpg
    675 x 900 - 287K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
    edited December 1969

Soooo sad about Donna... Beverly Hillbilly's is one of hubby and mine's favorite shows.. It's still on tv by us. One of the oldies channels.. lol. Looks like fun.. I'll try and put a render together :) Happy rendering everyone.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited January 2015

I never heard of it, but it reminds me of this one :) used to watch it on TV long time ago. Shack looks very nice btw.

lb1366.jpg
    450 x 220 - 16K
    Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Don't they have something like Cartoon Network where you live, Gulan? I don't even see TV these days, but surely "The Beverly Hillbillies" is still in constant reruns -- or have a look at YouTube! You'll quickly notice that Ellie May was.WAY better looking than Grizzly Adams, especially when she was down by the see-ment pond in her one-piece.

This was from the last time we were ogling Ellie, back in 2011. That's still Music's Hillbilly Shack.

2011-06.jpg
    1258 x 927 - 185K
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209
    edited December 1969

Good lord, I remember that show, use to watch it all the time way back when. I even saw the movie with Jim Varney which I really liked.

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

I really liked the original series back when it was playing on channel 5 in Los Angles, but the remakes & the movie did not have the charm of the original series. Different writers & producers, different point of view.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Ah come on, you guys! You're making me feel old! I can remember watching the show as a kid when it was first run! Not to mention for the next thousand years in reruns on just about every station in the area.

Here's a trivia question for you: It's pretty well known that the Clampett clan were from the Ozarks, but Granny was born and raised somewhere else. Any guesses as to where? Bonus points (for whatever that's worth!) if you can spot the continuity error and name both places she claimed to be from! How do I know...or even care? I'll answer that when you answer the question!

edited December 1969

Ah come on, you guys! You're making me feel old! I can remember watching the show as a kid when it was first run! Not to mention for the next thousand years in reruns on just about every station in the area.

Here's a trivia question for you: It's pretty well known that the Clampett clan were from the Ozarks, but Granny was born and raised somewhere else. Any guesses as to where? Bonus points (for whatever that's worth!) if you can spot the continuity error and name both places she claimed to be from! How do I know...or even care? I'll answer that when you answer the question!

If it makes you feel any better LG I remember this show from when I was a kid...but it's been too long for me to know the answer to your questions.

edited January 2015

If it helps any, I remember the first-run black-and-white episodes ... barely.

Can't remember where Granny said she was from. I do remember "Sonny" Drysdale's given name, though...

Post edited by robkelk on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

When they were first-run, they were all black and white for me. We didn't have a color TV. I got a color TV after I was married...and that first one was a used one.

A lot of shows looked different when I saw them in reruns. :)

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    If it helps any, I remember the first-run black-and-white episodes ... barely.

Can't remember where Granny said she was from. I do remember "Sonny" Drysdale's given name, though...

Now that I don't remember. I do remember "Sonny" wasn't his given first name. I can't remember if Mr Drysdale was his real father or step-father, though...

When they were first-run, they were all black and white for me. We didn't have a color TV. I got a color TV after I was married...and that first one was a used one.

A lot of shows looked different when I saw them in reruns. :)

Dana

That's okay...they were black & white for everybody! The first season (and maybe the second season as well, I'd have to go back and check) were in black & white. Color broadcasts didn't start becoming the norm on TV until around 1966 (TV in Great Britain didn't go color...excuse me...colour... until 1970!). Good grief! Don't get me started on TV trivia...I'm a useless wellspring of information that benefits no one...

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

We got our first color TV just in time for the Apollo moon landing in 1969.
    Now if I remember this right, about 1970 or so, I'd come home from school and watch the Hillbillies & Star Trek on KTLA chl. 5 just before the 6 o'clock news. They ran a lot of repeats that way.

• JRuehsJRuehs Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Sonny's real name was Adonis. I don't know anything about where Granny was from, though. They all came from Bug Tussle before moving to Beverly Hills.

• WizzardWizzard Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

I remember something about Petticoat Junction and Granny....
    or maybe it was a comment she made?
    Cheers

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Could you make the next challenge more international. I never heard from this TV series nor from the actress. Maybe she was very popular in the states, but not well known in other countries. DAZ and the forum are international sites, which was often forgotten.

edited December 1969

Could you make the next challenge more international. I never heard from this TV series nor from the actress. Maybe she was very popular in the states, but not well known in other countries. DAZ and the forum are international sites, which was often forgotten.
    I can't speak for February, but I can guarantee March's challenge will be internationally accessible.