Store frustrations

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I find that there are several features I miss from the old store:

1. Ability to be warned when I've already purchased content.
2. Ability to see add-ons to a product.
3. Ability to search (or see all) of the itemized order history. This is particularly annoying when one has gotten back from vacation and have month old email about a product having been updated.

Comments

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Product pages do not display the date the sale price ends.

When you return to the store from a product page, products are rearranged in a different order.

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

I find that there are several features I miss from the old store:

1. Ability to be warned when I've already purchased content.
    2. Ability to see add-ons to a product.
    3. Ability to search (or see all) of the itemized order history. This is particularly annoying when one has gotten back from vacation and have month old email about a product having been updated.

4. Ability to view Wiki or Read Me file about the product
    5. Related Products
    "just wanted to add a couple" :)
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm confused about the display order of products.

If I visit the daz main store page on my desktop, the items are arranged by order of release (I'm assuming), but on my laptop, those same items on the same page are in a different order.

Is it random?

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

The one for me is the Best Seller filter.
    I hate sifting through a hundred pages of mediocre releases to get to the good stuff. (Yes, of course there some hidden gems I'm probably missing, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make :P )
    There a couple of 3D stores that don't have a best seller filter. I don't shop there because it just takes too much time to find the good stuff.. :)

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Another one I miss is the Free Items page, or are they not going to offer a freebie anymore? The items that were free in the old store have prices on them now.

Your friend
    Oracle

• edited December 1969

I'm in agreement with most of the above plus:

The wishlist category titles are not interactive anymore | click on one and it would list per its description (Product Name, Added On, etc). They should have a sort ability like on the products listing pages.

Product imagery only previews through a pop-up modal | I liked the older ability of looking through the imagery on the side of the main preview image and seeing it quicker in the preview window. Now, it takes longer to preview the different images only via the new modal, especially if you're doing it from a mobile device.

Shop by "Sale" or show only sale items was removed | This was very helpful for us bargain hunters.

I'm surprised with all the new abilities of coding sites, they didn't venture into creating "responsive" versions for mobile and tablet devices. I peruse the shop via my smartphone all the time. I'm hoping they go down that user-friendly path.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

Shop by "Sale" or show only sale items was removed | This was very helpful for us bargain hunters.

I miss that filter too.

• Michael CMichael C Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

Product pages do not display the date the sale price ends.

Every other store tells you when a sale ends. This is a biggy for me. It's almost like this is a push to "Buy it now!"

• jmcgfx_9f41f28a3ejmcgfx_9f41f28a3e Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Are there going to be Freebies again? That was one of the things that made my $7.98 PC Membershipo worthwhile.

• Alpha ChannelAlpha Channel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Aside from those already mentioned the one thing that's really bugging me is I can't tell what the product is for (i.e. gensis, v4, etc...) at a single glance, instead you have to go rummaging for the information in the Additional Tab. This might be much of a problem if it's something like a vehicle or a bit of architecture but when it's stuff for a figure it's just one additional step that is uneeded (if it's for genesis then I'm not interested in it, can't use it in Poser, without firing up DS and farting around with that at any rate).

As a designer you don't change things for the sake of change as the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it. Slapping in those tabs may look nice but by the gods they are annoying to use (though I quite like the additions such as spell check, though I use a firefox plug in at home for that sort of thing, and character count when posting though).

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

I am annoyed by:
    popup preview images over main page
    non-working "Required Products" section (i cannot believe that "Supersuit Troopers" may require "Aiko 3.0 Morphs and Maps")
    really stupid section "You may also like" between product shot and its description (moreover, i never liked "you may also like" products but often looked through "related" ones)
    that it is impossible to see whole description of the product including additional info and includings and features at once.

BTW, did you kill fastgrabs?

• Emile_KhadajiEmile_Khadaji Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The new store's lack of features is raising my sales resistence; which is helping me stay well below my monthly purchase budge.

I miss having the ability to right click on an image and be able to download the LARGE product image for my database of purchased products. Often I would select one of the alternative images as the one I wanted to use for my personal database reference image files.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi someguys please teach me, is it right?

I check supersuit fantasy pack .
    Everytime I frastrated about "required products".
    Because It do not tell me exactly what I am repuired .
    I need A only, or B only, or I can not use the products without A and B.

So If there is somemistake in store expression, I do not care so.

But, why "Supersuit Fantasy Pack" needs "Carara 8 upgrade"?
    Is it true or not?

super.jpg
    827 x 531 - 64K
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

If you reload the page, you will likely get a different (random) 'Required Products'. In another thread, someone suggested turning this into a game, Random Requirement Render Roulette. Choose a product, go to its product page, and roll a requirement until you get one you own, then do a render with both products.

Ya gotta laugh to keep from crying.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Well I've already addressed most of my concerns in another thread of similar nature and most of the things said there by me and others are being mentioned here and these complaints have been lodged by people from as far back as last week and yet not one of them do I see being acknowledged let alone addressed. So how about something to let us know the complaint has been heard and whether or not it's going to be addressed or ignored?

• bpsperanbpsperan Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Well, it would be nice to share the link to this other "thread of similar nature" instead of having us search for it.

Anyway, another problem I've seen that I've not found mentioned:

No way to filter the My Downloadable Products page to show only PC downloads or only MAC downloads.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses this feature as I expect most customers either want the PC versions or the MAC versions.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

This has been mentioned a lot. No official word, but we assume it wasn't worth implementing when DAZ is going to switch to zips (with an optional install manager application) which won't have mac and Windows versions, aside from software.

• GreenleafCatGreenleafCat Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Aside from those already mentioned the one thing that's really bugging me is I can't tell what the product is for (i.e. gensis, v4, etc...) at a single glance, instead you have to go rummaging for the information in the Additional Tab. This might be much of a problem if it's something like a vehicle or a bit of architecture but when it's stuff for a figure it's just one additional step that is uneeded (if it's for genesis then I'm not interested in it, can't use it in Poser, without firing up DS and farting around with that at any rate).

As a designer you don't change things for the sake of change as the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it. Slapping in those tabs may look nice but by the gods they are annoying to use (though I quite like the additions such as spell check, though I use a firefox plug in at home for that sort of thing, and character count when posting though).

I hate hate hate the tabs. Anything that makes me do more clicks is less time I will spend shopping. And when I bought things in the old store I would save the text on the page as information in a file. Now I have to click each tab to to that?
    I can't trust the page to be there later, because things get pulled from the store all the time...

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I already was spending a fraction of what I spent here pre Genesis. Now, I'm spending even less because the new store is just so user UNfriendly.

I have noticed only a few tiny changes ... things like keywords no longer appearing in the search list so the list doesn't have as much spaced waste between topics as it originally did. But ... um ... isn't that rather a majorly minor thing? I mean I like the change. But seriously? When we're still not seeing all new products in the store? 60 products per page and 15 products per page give you different counts on products released. I can't find the newest $1.99 PC products, though I did finally find one ... for the Genesis Supersuit because it was listed under Poser products (though it doesn't appear in the full new product list)

So ... now I'm going to close the DAZ store and forums and go do something constructive with my time. Maybe I'll check again later this weekend. And maybe I'll just shop at RDNA. Not like I'm going to miss anything being a Poser user.

Last person to leave, don't forget to turn out the lights

The new store's lack of features is raising my sales resistence; which is helping me stay well below my monthly purchase budge.

I miss having the ability to right click on an image and be able to download the LARGE product image for my database of purchased products. Often I would select one of the alternative images as the one I wanted to use for my personal database reference image files.