Share with your Friends for a Chance to Win Store Credit

DAZ_CameronDAZ_Cameron Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Plain and simple, we at DAZ are passionate about art! It's what we do best. Members of our community know the quality of our content and use it daily to create some seriously cool stuff. Unfortunately, there are still people out there that don't know about us and what we provide - and many of those people are your friends!

This is where you come in. We need your help to create some more buzz on your social sites so we can let others know what DAZ is all about. The way to do it is easy and FUN. Each week we send multiple newsletters with an option to share the information on Facebook and Twitter. By sharing DAZ with your friends you are not only helping us get our name out there, but you also become eligible to win $5 Store Credit each time a newsletter goes out.

The way it works is simple: share and encourage your friends to share. The shares that get the most exposure will be awarded $5 the week following the initial send date of the newsletter. The winner will be informed and the $5 will be added to her/his account to be used on ANYTHING in the store. Easy, right!?

Now that we are all pumped about it - Let the social sharing begin!

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2012

Now that the forums are fixed and the store seems stable I can recommend DAZ again, sure. But while I'm on g+, tumblr, dA, LiveJournal, and Dreamwidth, I'm not on Twitter and will never be on Facebook. Those seem to be the only options, though. Pity. :-/

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Now that the forums are fixed and the store seems stable I can recommend DAZ again, sure. But while I'm on g+, , I'm not on Twitter and will never be on Facebook. Those seem to be the only options, though. Pity. :-/

Excuse me please Beth but I just had to edit your post so that I could say "I 100% agree with KickAir" as I'm in the same boat.

It would be great to be in the running for recommending Daz but I fear I must have a similar opinion of those two great?? social media tools.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790
    edited December 1969

I had Daz3d on Facebook but it seems to of disappeared and a newly created one has popped up.. :coolmad:

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

My soul is worth more than $5. I am also not on Facebook. I'll live with the loss.

Good luck to Daz, though, they might as well take advantage now.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I'm not that big on Facebook and Twitter either, but I understand the idea behind it and hope you get a great deal of new customers with it... and giving a little bit back is a nice gesture. :)

Having said that... you know there's still at least one voucher you 'owe' us for reaching certain Like-Heights on facebook... ;-) It's been a while back now that you reached that goal, but there never was a voucher... or like it would now be... coupon.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

But ... but ... my friends use Poser. Or they use nothing at all :wink:

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

I'm not that big on Facebook and Twitter either, but I understand the idea behind it and hope you get a great deal of new customers with it... and giving a little bit back is a nice gesture. :)

Having said that... you know there's still at least one voucher you 'owe' us for reaching certain Like-Heights on facebook... ;-) It's been a while back now that you reached that goal, but there never was a voucher... or like it would now be... coupon.

I could've sworn there was... It was sent out via FBs messaging feature. Of course, I'm a "delete-aholic" so I don't have the message anymore, but I'm like 90% certain.
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I am on Facebook and I'm happy to share, but I doubt my sharing will give DAZ too much exposure, unfortunately. To the best of my knowledge, only one of my FB friends has any interest in 3D stuff (I think he used to use Bryce). I guess I'll give it a shot anyway.

And I hope the marketing folks will give us a newsletter designed with new users/non-members in mind, rather than the usual sort that are mainly just plugging new releases to people who are already hooked!

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

So basically you're asking us to spam our friends with unsolicited newsletters, for a chance to win $5? I think I'll pass.

• DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Spam no. Share YES!

The whole point of social media is to let people know what you like and what you are interested in. You don't need to "spam" anyone to simply put a post up on your favorite social media pages. The whole reason this came up is that we noticed that our users were doing this voluntarily and unsolicited by us. We thought this was a good way to reward them for doing what they were already doing and encourage others who had not started doing this to do so.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

That's why I was hoping for a newsletter that might interest prospective (rather than current) members. Just got the latest one, and yep...it appears that would qualify! http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2012/weekly/weekly08_10_12.html

edited August 2012

That's why I was hoping for a newsletter that might interest prospective (rather than current) members. Just got the latest one, and yep...it appears that would qualify! http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2012/weekly/weekly08_10_12.html

Nice, but no g+ button, no tumblr button, no LiveJournal button, no Dreamwidth button (okay, nobody does Dreamwidth buttons, but they use the same code as LiveJournal and if there was a LiveJournal button I could copy that over) -- no consideration for any of the sites I use. Did you guys know that Wil Wheaton (yes, alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die Wil Wheaton) uses g+ and tumblr, but not Facebook?

Edited to add a screenshot of the g+, tumblr, and LiveJournal buttons used on deviantART:
    ButtonsDA-g1.jpg
    125 x 49 - 6K
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Spam no. Share YES!
    Sharing a newsletter with people that haven't asked and aren't interested is spam. Sorry, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

We thought this was a good way to reward them for doing what they were already doing and encourage others who had not started doing this to do so.

Maybe I'm missing something here but why is it important that I share that I use Daz 3d on social media? If you're looking for free positive publiciity you're going to have to cough up a lot more than a potential $5.
  • RangerJimKRangerJimK Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Well now, while I understand that a whole bunch of folks don't like Facebook, and I kinda sorta understand why, but... "Privacy issues"; "Data mining"; tracking internet usage by hidden cookies; keeping track of search queries/results; et al?

Oh come on, now -- you think that Facebook is bad - try Google (I recommend Bing as a search engine for obvious reasons) and see how many times Google has been sued for privacy violations, eh?

Me, I use Facebook because my entire extended family -- inlaws and outlaws both -- use facebook to share family pictures and stories, and I haven't heard any complaints yet. I guess that some people are more careful about what they post on social networking sites, nicht wahr?

Please feel free to check me and my FB info out at http://tinyurl.com/yzpla2x

. You will notice -- I hope -- a larger version of the "Avatar"/logo I use here and on other web sites. ;)

One hopes y'all will check out my likes and other groups I belong to on FB... ;D

Me, I've know some artists - both traditional and electronic - on Face book so I'll happily pass this along.

Bright Blessings,
    RangerJimK
    (aka Jim Kirk, the Ol' Ranger, und so weiter...)

Post edited by RangerJimK on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

I could've sworn there was... It was sent out via FBs messaging feature. Of course, I'm a "delete-aholic" so I don't have the message anymore, but I'm like 90% certain.

I remember I got the 5000 likes voucher, that one that had to be sent and re-sent by volunteers because the facebook message system is so "reliable"... Was there another after that?

Anyway, I don't mind sharing the newsletters - it's just that my friends (those few who are remotedly interested in art) don't really get to see my updates unless they visit my profile specifically... And I can't say the DAZ3D page appears in my newsfeed as often as I'd like to see it, even though I specifically visit it religiously (one of the few reasons I'm still on fb). From what I've read, to appear in the newsfeeds of friends and subscribers, there has to be substantial "activity" on the page - "likes" and comments to posts etc. I don't know if it's true, though.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Plain and simple, we at DAZ are passionate about art! It's what we do best. Members of our community know the quality of our content and use it daily to create some seriously cool stuff. Unfortunately, there are still people out there that don't know about us and what we provide - and many of those people are your friends!

This is where you come in. We need your help to create some more buzz on your social sites so we can let others know what DAZ is all about. The way to do it is easy and FUN. Each week we send multiple newsletters with an option to share the information on Facebook and Twitter. By sharing DAZ with your friends you are not only helping us get our name out there, but you also become eligible to win $5 Store Credit each time a newsletter goes out.

The way it works is simple: share and encourage your friends to share. The shares that get the most exposure will be awarded $5 the week following the initial send date of the newsletter. The winner will be informed and the $5 will be added to her/his account to be used on ANYTHING in the store. Easy, right!?

But I don't have any friends. :(
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I'm on the original social site: Usenet.

I'm not on Friendster... er, Myspace... er, Facebook... oh, whatever the "flavour of the week" is. The grand-daddy of social sites keeps on keeping on, and I see no reason to switch.

Do I get to play?

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited August 2012

Szark said:

~GASP~ I'm not your friend??? Geeze Pete, you really had me going there for a minute. ~ROFL~
    Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

Now that the forums are fixed and the store seems stable I can recommend DAZ again, sure. But while I'm on g+, tumblr, dA, LiveJournal, and Dreamwidth, I'm not on Twitter and will never be on Facebook. Those seem to be the only options, though. Pity. :-/

Well, I don't do ANY social networking other than IM/chat on GTalk, and half my buddy list is into 3D and only 1 of them is not already a DS user, though I'm determined to get her to learn it.

That said, I have, and have always had a link to DAZ3D and a blurb about DS on my site's links page, and I suppose I could put something somewhere that's accessible from the front page, but forwarding copies of the newsletters? Sorry, that's not something I'd do because I do consider that spamming. Now if someone I know expressed an interest, I might ask if they'd like to see the current newsletter and then send it if the response was yes, but unsolicited, not something I'd do..

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,058
    edited December 1969

OK, here's where I am -- my FB "friends" are mostly acquaintances I lost track of over the years, and once we linked up on FB we switched to email. Most are former professional contacts with no interest in 3D. My real friends, on the other hand, don't do social networking; they're too busy with real life to worry about having a cyber-life (me included - I hit FB about every 6 to 10 days).

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Plain and simple, we at DAZ are passionate about art!

Dude, I love your avatar.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Szark said:

~GASP~ I'm not your friend??? Geeze Pete, you really had me going there for a minute. ~ROFL~
    LOL Ok you can be my friend and becasue of that I need to tell you about a really cool program made by some pretty cool people. Cool. :)
  • Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Why not just create an actual referral program. Give each user account a unique URL that they can share however they want so your not limiting it to certain social networks. Then give clear rewards for a specified number of referrals signing up and/or for each referral that spends a certain amount $.

edited August 2012

info said:
    Why not just create an actual referral program. Give each user account a unique URL that they can share however they want so your not limiting it to certain social networks. Then give clear rewards for a specified number of referrals signing up and/or for each referral that spends a certain amount $.

DAZ used to have one of those -- not sure what happened to it, I wasn't part of it. (It's hard to put "I'm not affiliated with DAZ" on your DAZ-pimping posts when you're part of the DAZ Affiliate Program. :coolsmirk: )
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Miss B said:
    Szark said:

LOL Ok you can be my friend and becasue of that I need to tell you about a really cool program made by some pretty cool people. Cool. :)
    ~ROFL~ cute Pete, cute. Of course, I already know about that "really cool program". ~hee, hee, hee~ OK, just being silly. Going off to sit in my corner now.
  • edited December 1969

So how do we qualify in sharing? Do we share from the Daz Newsletter itself or from the Daz FB posts? I figured if my FB friends can consume my wall with game feed requests, I can return the favor & advertise Daz's newsletters. :lol:

• edited December 1969

I want to do this because something I'm really wanting is on sale for $3.48, and 5 bucks would cover that, but, one problem, I agree with others, I'm not spamming my friends (that, and I very rarely am on facebook) I liked what one person suggested, DO A REFERRAL PROGRAM, I'd gladly do that :coolsmile: . I also must say, nobody I know is interested in DAZ, the only ones interested in 3D use Poser, even though I have to say, DS4 is better (Genesis has grown on me, I love it). I'll just wait for the next coupon in the newsletter and hope that the item will still be on sale >.>