DAZ Studio 4.5 RC 3 Is Now Available for Download

1235»

Comments

• edited December 1969

I might try the free trial of VMware. That might run it, I've read their opengl is better the virtual box. I honestly don't know why one has to jump through hoops to do so. Seems a disclaimer stating running the same library with both programs could corrupt the library would be enough.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I hate to be cynic and pessimist, but my tech support experience says that people do not really read those disclaimers and then climb up to your face when something happens. :/

• edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I hate to be cynic and pessimist, but my tech support experience says that people do not really read those disclaimers and then climb up to your face when something happens. :/

I suppose, but I suspect nothing good comes from treating people as if they're incompetent.

Anyway, it worked fine on VMware and I was able to accomplish my simple task - export an texture atlas remapped genesis object from the new version. The uv's are messed up on the 4.0.37 version. So I took the atlas remapped object from the new version and imported the uv's into the old version and now texture atlas works for genesis in the old version.

Daz or someone might want to make the correctly remapped genesis object available to people using 4.0.37.

I'll post the procedure in an appropriate place.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

somebody could confirm dynamiclothes being usable in 0.9x ver.?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...does it still have issues with shoes, boots, and gloves?

Got any specific set you'd like me to test it on? (Warning: I may not have everything, so list couple of popular ones and I give it a go.) Overall, from what I've been testing with Gen 3 and Gen 4 clothes, things seem pretty neat.
    ...if you have the set, try the Billy Boots from Bad Kitteh's Tool Girl.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK kind of late and not about to slog though eight pages so if the questions below are redundant, with earlier comments here, please excuse.

4. What is the current state of the Studio4.5 -> Carrara8Pro Bridge?

4- no such thing

...I remember being able to send set ups created in Studio to Carrara 6.1.

The floater bots and 'baby floaters" in the pic below were set up and posed in Studio2.x before sending the scene to C6.1.

Keeping_Tabs_by_KyotoKid.jpg
    640 x 480 - 185K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...if you have the set, try the Billy Boots from Bad Kitteh's Tool Girl.

Aw, sorry, no I don't. :(

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    bigh said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK kind of late and not about to slog though eight pages so if the questions below are redundant, with earlier comments here, please excuse.

4- no such thing

...I remember being able to send set ups created in Studio to Carrara 6.1.

The floater bots and 'baby floaters" in the pic below were set up and posed in Studio2.x before sending the scene to C6.1.

maybe then but not any more

• WayOfTheSwordWayOfTheSword Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

I was testing out RC3 with the sample .bvh motion capture data from ipisoft. Had some mesh poke through that I couldn't control even by playing with the smoothing & iterations settings for an hour. So there is still some room for improvement there, but overall it's not too bad. I also rendered with 3Delight's motion blur on the default setting to see what would happen. The default setting turned out to be a little strong. I didn't adjust the aniBlock either because I wanted to show the unadjusted result to someone on another forum.

http://youtu.be/0L7S3dj4ykY

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited August 2012

Hmmm, the shaders I used were from the "Cloth" ones from the Supersuit and Mach Pack by Marieah. Miss M doesn't mention Uber Surface in the store description but not sure about the Supersuit shaders.... Looking over the Supersuit's product pages I don't see the Uber Surface mentioned there either....

RAMWolff said:
    Hmmm. just converted a pair of shoes to Genesis using the V4 fitting technique that was told to me. Works great but of course it's an older set so no DS mats for it (Miss DeeAnna J) so used Shaders instead. I've noticed that the shader tiling, while it works, the preview is not updating to show the new size when tiling up or down. Not sure if this is a bug or not but I tried about 4 shaders that use textures and none are doing real time updates as I move the slider back and forth.

Can someone test this out and let me know so I can make a bug report if needed??

If the shader was ubersurface then the preview doesn't update with the tiling.

Daz default shader (to my knowledge) is the only one that shows the effect of tiling in the preview.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • WiseavatarWiseavatar Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hmmm, the shaders I used were from the "Cloth" ones from the Supersuit and Mach Pack by Marieah. Miss M doesn't mention Uber Surface in the store description but not sure about the Supersuit shaders.... Looking over the Supersuit's product pages I don't see the Uber Surface mentioned there either....

RAMWolff said:
    Hmmm. just converted a pair of shoes to Genesis using the V4 fitting technique that was told to me. Works great but of course it's an older set so no DS mats for it (Miss DeeAnna J) so used Shaders instead. I've noticed that the shader tiling, while it works, the preview is not updating to show the new size when tiling up or down. Not sure if this is a bug or not but I tried about 4 shaders that use textures and none are doing real time updates as I move the slider back and forth.

Can someone test this out and let me know so I can make a bug report if needed??

If the shader was ubersurface then the preview doesn't update with the tiling.

Daz default shader (to my knowledge) is the only one that shows the effect of tiling in the preview.

The shader used can be identified at the top of the surfaces tab.

Im pretty sure that the supersuit uses Daz Default, Uber surface and Furify shaders if not more.

dssc.jpg
    637 x 742 - 220K
  • WiseavatarWiseavatar Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Could anyone tell me what is the best/fastest way to remove unwanted morphs from Transfer/Autofitted clothing.

The transferred morphs are dialing in automatically with morphs contained in the actor tab.

So for example the genesis Voluptous dial transfers the genesis morph but also increases the V4 voluptous morph on the clothing.

• the halfdragonthe halfdragon Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

ok here's a question long b4 i even try installing the dl of the latest release that is in today's email notice. in the description page it says you can dl the content separately yet there is no dl link as to where you can find the content file dl. so the question is is there a link or location for it or is it a tease

edited December 1969

ok here's a question long b4 i even try installing the dl of the latest release that is in today's email notice. in the description page it says you can dl the content separately yet there is no dl link as to where you can find the content file dl. so the question is is there a link or location for it or is it a tease

its on the way !!!

• the halfdragonthe halfdragon Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

cool cool

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

I may have missed this when scanning through the posts. If you currently have DazStudio 4 Pro. Do you need to purchase 4.5 Pro to get it when the final is released? (Its 0.00 right now of course, but I don't want to find the Its released and its an upgrade if you didn't buy the 4.5 Pro while it was free).

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

in the description page it says you can dl the content separately yet there is no dl link as to where you can find the content file dl.

Where exactly did you see that? The only page I can find, http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-what-is-daz-studio, mentions nothing about the content.
    edited December 1969

-_Milo_- said:
    I may have missed this when scanning through the posts. If you currently have DazStudio 4 Pro. Do you need to purchase 4.5 Pro to get it when the final is released? (Its 0.00 right now of course, but I don't want to find the Its released and its an upgrade if you didn't buy the 4.5 Pro while it was free).

all the info you need -
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5343/

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you already have DS4 Pro in your order history, just reset it and you'll get all the downloads for both 4.5 and 4.0.3.47, including the content installer.

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

If you already have DS4 Pro in your order history, just reset it and you'll get all the downloads for both 4.5 and 4.0.3.47, including the content installer.

Thanks to those that reply. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't one of those yeah you get 4.5 if you click the buy 4.5 and since its free its really an upgrade but its all free etc etc. So basicly if you have 4.0 you will have 4.5

Thanks again.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

4- no such thing

No Bridge is correct. Carrara 8.5 reads the same file format though. Save a DUF file in DAZ Studio (as long as it wasn't created including a .daz in the scene) and it opens in Carrara 8.5. Not entirely there, but close and getting closer.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

shawnlau said:
    Does anyone have a work around so daz 4.5 doesn't uninstall 4.0.37?

I would run it within a virtual machine, but virtual box doesn't support the openGLl it needs - at least last time I checked.

Not supported nor recommended. They share profiles and styles which causes all sorts of issues. There are a few other places where things shared causes issues but those are the two most obvious things.
This discussion has been closed.