Help with face shaping?

DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm trying to create a face shape that matches a photo. (Genesis) I need to tilt the eyes but I can't find sliders for that. Also I need to adjust the chin and I can't find sliders for that either.

I also needed the mouth corners adjusted lower so I used the pose slider for this. Is this OK or will it cause problems later if I animate?

Are there sliders available for more detailed shaping, or do I have to export Genesis and shape the face in Hexagon or 3D Studio?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What morphs do you have for Genesis?

There are a load of morphs for purchase here : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=genesis+morphs&x=0&y=0

The cheapest way would be to create your own face shape in Hexagon.

• DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure I have the evolution head and body morphs. When I look up what's included in the head morphs, I have almost all of them but I seem to be missing some of them. Is there an easy way to see if the morph pack is installed? I guess I can look through my purchase history.

edited December 1969

Yes, I do have the morph bundle in my purchase history. I'm going to reset and download again.

edited December 1969

That didn't help. A lot of the morphs are not showing up. I would think the Elf ears would be under the ears morphs, but they are not there. I started over with a fresh untouched Genesis, and now the morphs are showing. I don't know why. I had applied the V5 shape to the body, but not the head, so I don't see how that would have affected it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

OH.. If you save a Genesis to work on later that will happen. Only the morphs used get saved and will be there to be used when you reload the saved file. The zero or unused morphs are not saved to the figure. To me that is a drawback to the Genesis Figure. I think all morphs should be in the saved file or reloaded so we can edit as we please in our on time or at our on pace.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

OK, that explains it. Thank you

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

To add newly-installed morphs to a saved Genesis: With the Genesis you want to add the morphs to selected, load a new Genesis. In the resulting dialogue box, tell it to apply it to the current figure. This will result in a default-shaped Genesis, but don’t panic; just Undo to restore your custom shape/pose. The new morphs will now be usable.

edited December 1969

To add newly-installed morphs to a saved Genesis: With the Genesis you want to add the morphs to selected, load a new Genesis. In the resulting dialogue box, tell it to apply it to the current figure. This will result in a default-shaped Genesis, but don’t panic; just Undo to restore your custom shape/pose. The new morphs will now be usable.
    That's still a stupid way to do it. If I save as Scene I should not need to do that. I understand this behavior if I save as Character Preset but Scene files should not drop all the morphs. Just a flaw in my eyes.
    edited December 1969

You mean morphs that were installed when you saved the scene aren't available?

edited August 2012

You mean morphs that were installed when you saved the scene aren't available?
    If I save a Genesis in any way, I can only use the morphs that were active when I reload the file. The zero morphs are not loaded, I can not edit my figure if I do not do all of it before I save. Any morph that I do not use does not reload. Scene file or any file.

V4 and M4 do not do this from a scene file.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just tried this with 4.5.0.90 RC3, and it works for me. I save it as a .DUF file, and all the morphs are there, and usable.

I saved a Genesis figures with the V3 morph applied, and saved it as a scene, then reloaded the scene, and all hte morphs I have for Genesis are available. Maybe that is the new way it works.

edited December 1969

It works for me in 4.0.3.47 with a saved .daz scene.

edited December 1969

Your right Mike, I have one that does not work properly. I think I made it with the first issue of DS4, I was an early adopter. Do you think that could be something to do with it? I'm happy now I just thought all of them were broke.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited August 2012

Jaderail said:
    Your right Mike, I have one that does not work properly. I think I made it with the first issue of DS4, I was an early adopter. Do you think that could be something to do with it? I'm happy now I just thought all of them were broke.

That's definitely weird, and I suspect it probably has to do with your version of DS if it's older than 4.0.3.47

For me, with 4.0.3.47 scenes used to take a very long time to save, because it was saving all the morphs (even the ones not in use). With DS 4.5 (I have RC2, and it's been working fine so I'm holding off on jumping to RC3) and the new duf format, scenes save much more quickly, but all the morphs still work.

Edited to add: since I switched to 4.5 I have had trouble with some (but not all) of my older scenes, but it was the exploding-Genesis problem, not the morph thing you encountered.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

From the looks of my back ups my first version was 4.0.3.9 That would be the version that I saved BloodRock with. I have upgraded DS4 all the way to 4.0.3.47 and all the other files load and work fine. I just assumed when I could not edit the first one that I could not edit any that I saved. I wonder why that first one is broke? You think it's just a corrupted file?