In Store NOW!: Gemologica by Fisty and Marieah

Comments

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I snagged mine yesterday but won't be able to play till tomorrow. I just got home from work and need to nap before the Meteor shower tonight. Me and a buddy are going to watch from kayaks out in the middle of the lake.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Below is an example render of Bernadette wearing Gemz.

Beautiful! I love the wood shaders on those beads!

• GeneRufusGeneRufus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for this!!!
    I went to town with them (think I might have overdone the pearls a little)

JeweledGirl.jpg
    956 x 727 - 399K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,748
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Artini said:
    Gemologica is great and I like it very much.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

I stopped getting notifications for this thread. I'm thrilled you are all liking the product. We are very proud of it.

Artini, I adore that necklace. Which set is it from? It would have been great for promos.
    The necklace is from Gemz Vol. 1, made by Propschick
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=94407

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Artini said:

Beautiful! I love the wood shaders on those beads!
    Thanks a lot, Fisty. You made a great work on Gemologica together with Marieah.

edited December 1969

GeneRufus said:
    think I might have overdone the pearls a little

No such thing! =D

edited December 1969

Another render of the necklace from Gemz Vol.1
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=94407
    using materials from Gemologica.

Gemz103pic01.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 459K
    edited December 1969

Looks like that one could benefit from better uv mapping for use with texture based shaders

edited August 2012

Another use for these... a couple of the metal shaders, emerald from the precious folder for the liquid, toumaline semi precious for the tip on the left. Rubber from the cords for the o-rings. The logo is plugged into the diffuse strength channel, the little bump areas were done by adding maps into the displacement or bump channels.

ZenAndIHybridLg.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 398K
    Post edited by Fisty on
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Love these shaders, here is my first attempt.

test1ga.jpg
    386 x 787 - 36K
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited August 2012

GeneRufus said:
    Thank you so much for this!!!
    I went to town with them (think I might have overdone the pearls a little)

I love this image! There is no such thing as too many pearls.

Fisty, that's a very innovative and inspiring way to use the shaders.

Artini, I've put that set on my Rendo wishlist and will grab it the moment is goes on sale. I'm not so keen on the flower, though. Does it wreck the necklace if you make it invisible?

Post edited by Marieah on
    edited December 1969

hubba hubba! Nice fur!

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Thank you for all your hard work Fisty and Marieah!

lngmlg.jpg
    1125 x 844 - 396K
    edited December 1969

So nice to see metals that don't glow in the dark.. that's the thing that drives me the most crazy with Poser materials in DS.. mapped reflection with the strength at 100%. Mapped reflection higher than about 50% is just a nightmare.. it won't even take shadows, it's like setting the ambient strength at 100%. Of course raytraced reflections look better in almost all cases anyway, but a lot of venders use only mapped. I guess I shouldn't blame them, Poser handles mapped reflection really well so there's little reason to suffer the extra render time.. it just doesn't translate to DS gracefully at all.

edited December 1969

Another render of the necklace from Gemz Vol.1 using materials from Gemologica.
    I have changed the opacity of the rose and the bow to 0%, but have forgotten
    to change the opacity of the middle of the bow (it is black).

Gemz22pic02.jpg
    700 x 800 - 449K
    edited December 1969

Another render of the scene utilizing materials from Gemologica.

Eirene04pic01.jpg
    700 x 800 - 197K
    edited December 1969

Don't forget the tiling scale presets! All those rings would look better with tiling set to 1 or 2

edited August 2012

Thanks, Fisty. There are so many presets in Gemologica, that sometime I just forget to change the tiling settings.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

I do it too, =)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

This looks great! Any plans for a Carrara version? Or a partial version - I'm especially interested in the gemstone shaders.

edited December 1969

Neither of us are very Carrara proficient. We're both mastered in DS, I have a 2nd Bachelors in Poser.
    The precious gemstone shaders you should be able to do just as well (maybe better, certainly easier a time than I had making them) with the built in shaders that come with Carrara. Almost all the semi precious gemstones are texture jpg based with a glossy surface, a few have a slight transparency and a few have reflection maps added to get rainbow type effects like the lobrodite, opal, and paua ones. They should be very easy to make work, I dunno if it would worth getting the pack for that though.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Is there a Mother of Pearl shader in the set?

Kendall

edited December 1969

yep, several

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Neither of us are very Carrara proficient. We're both mastered in DS, I have a 2nd Bachelors in Poser.
    The precious gemstone shaders you should be able to do just as well (maybe better, certainly easier a time than I had making them) with the built in shaders that come with Carrara. Almost all the semi precious gemstones are texture jpg based with a glossy surface, a few have a slight transparency and a few have reflection maps added to get rainbow type effects like the lobrodite, opal, and paua ones. They should be very easy to make work, I dunno if it would worth getting the pack for that though.

OK. Do yo mean the glass shaders in Carrara?

edited December 1969

I've opened Carrara twice in 7 years.. but that would be a good place to start, yeah. Change the index of refraction to the gemstone you're going for and then change the diffuse color. If the diffuse color doesn't change it enough you might need to add color to the reflection and/or specular channels as well. DS and Poser handle index of refraction quite differently, I'm sure carrara is different as well so that's about the extent of how helpful I can be.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As usual, I didn't use these as intended (in this scene) but here's a little birdy for you.

Opal_bird.jpg
    209 x 209 - 56K
    edited December 1969

It's pretty though!

edited December 1969

I'm loving the jeweled birdie as well.

Keep those renders coming. I'm really enjoying them.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,810
    edited August 2012

And now for something completely different! And probably really not what you intended.

You can see how the image was incorporated into something else at this DeviantArt link; I didn't put it into the forum because it's very very very large. (Also the rest of that gallery has several NSFW/mature-rated/nekkid images, so be warned.)

That's Behemoth 2010 by Sixus1Media under that, if you were wondering. Pink diamond shader, with the glossiness turned down a bit and (I think) one of the tiling options used. I had to turn the glossiness down to 5% from 13% to get the shine to read the way I wanted for the poster.

spygames-behemoth-diamondpink-8-750px.png
    750 x 288 - 634K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

That's amazing! I would never have thought to do that. It looks incredible.