DAZ Doesn't show up

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Okay, has anyone ever had an issue where you open a program but it doesn't show up?

It's happening with me and DAZ. When I start the program, it doesn't show up. How do I rectify this issue?

Comments

• Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

In Windows, I normally reinstall right over top of the old installation and that 'normally' fixes it. With something like Daz and the loads it puts on computers and graphics cards, it could be something else. Did you do any OS updates just before this happened? Is perhaps your AV blocking it as it does try to connect to the net?

• edited August 2012

dumorian said:
    In Windows, I normally reinstall right over top of the old installation and that 'normally' fixes it. With something like Daz and the loads it puts on computers and graphics cards, it could be something else. Did you do any OS updates just before this happened? Is perhaps your AV blocking it as it does try to connect to the net?

No OS updates. And what do you mean by AV?

I'll try reinstalling first though.

EDIT: I Tried, and it still only goes to a certain point before giving up and not showing anything.

Post edited by philmister978_273d7161bb on
  • Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Sorry... Anti-Virus program. I've seen lots of crazy things not work due to AV issues. Most can be disabled for a few minutes without issues. Gives time to see if that is what is causing it. I know I have mine set to allow Daz. Also, they are normally set to auto-update so you generally don't know when something new is installed.

• edited December 1969

That's okay.

Also it's working now. Thanks.