What Are Your Favorite Products?

Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,187
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

DAZ's recent sale offer had me going through a LOT of items, although they were all "DAZ Originals" (no PA items allowed). Still, I found some stuff I might have otherwise overlooked, and I did manage to get to the $100 deal.

My question is - do you have a favorite item that the rest of us may have missed? I'm posting this in the Animation section since that is my real interest. But I'm open to any thing you really like that may have gotten lost in the ongoing march from "Millenium Man" through M4/V4 and beyond.

My candidate: Veronica Year 3 by Uzilite. An amazing outfit for V3 that really works.

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

I really like anything V4 elite especially the skin textures.
    and I really love the Fantasy morphing dress because it has so many uses and will fit any character and the v3 and v4 textures are interchangeable. which is great for the wallet

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,187
    edited December 1969

I really like anything V4 elite especially the skin textures.
    and I really love the Fantasy morphing dress because it has so many uses and will fit any character and the v3 and v4 textures are interchangeable. which is great for the wallet

I agree on the V4 Elite Skin Textures. I've got "Maya" and it works great, way more realistic than V4 by herself.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited August 2012

I also try to buy products that I can easily use in both Daz and Poser programs. I want my money to go as far as it can now days.
    So I'll shop the environment models a lot first and spend my money there. Poser and Genesis figure models mix like oil and water. ..lol so i try to avoid those character models so i won't be disappointed in being able to use one model in one program and not the other.

I guess I'm too lazy. Because too me its just to much work in animating genesis and or having to export genesis into a obj so i can use it for poser and then try to animate it. Hopefully new improvements with daz coming out and smithmicro making strides in using genesis that won't be a issue for much longer.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,187
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    I guess I'm too lazy. Because too me its just to much work in animating genesis and or having to export genesis into a obj so i can use it for poser and then try to animate it. Hopefully new improvements with daz coming out and smithmicro making strides in using genesis that won't be a issue for much longer.

I think my situation is even more ... umm, challenging. My program of choice is Carrara, which I like a lot. The main reason is direct support of Poser content, i.e. loads directly, no import required. But ... it has to make assumptions on things like textures. So I really prefer props/scenes that are set up for Carrara in the first place, e.g. "HMS Fairborne" which has some nice lighting effects in Carrara.

Why DAZ took off with DAZ Studio/Genesis when they have a great program like Carrara is beyond me. I would think a low cost version of Carrara would be more popular, but I'm not in management ...