EFFECTED!

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Here is a great example of my beach about object effects cancelations. I have a FLAMES object and a Particle SMOKE object at work here BOTH with BLUR EFFECT! if you look closely you can see where ever they over lap, any effects of any of them are canceled out. NOT only an effect will cancel out another effect BUT a transparency one any of the object if seem through it will cancel and effect of any object

Comments

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

This reminds me of an effect we see in Bryce when volumetrics overlap, it creates a sort of shearing effect where one mesh seems to cut away from the other. No ideas on how to fix it though. Good luck with it.

• edited December 1969

I have no idea why this cant be addressed its been this way since carrara 6!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Quit applying the blur. It's probably a render time effect which is why Carrara doesn't render it when it's behind something. It applies the effect on top of the render.

Were you able to find the converted smoke particle preset that 3dage made available? If not, I may be able to post a scene with it to ShareCG if you want.

I'll try and post a test render with the smoke applied to an animated jet and you can see if it's something you want.

edited August 2012

Hey Richard, if you want, I've loaded the smokeintom a scene. I did alter the particle size, emission and dispersion angle a bit. Even if you don't use it, you can see the how the shader works. It plays nice with other alpha channels, but not with volumetric clouds when it intersects with them. No need to blur!
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/64199/view/5/3D-Model/Carrara-Particle-Smoke

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Here's a sample render of the smoke parented to a plane. I looped the plane back through it's own smoke trail to show that the alphas on the particles works as advertised. The prop on the plane is a disk with an alpha as well and it doesn't effect the particle display.

I'm including a screen shot of the particle settings I used as they are different than the one Iinked to above.

F4U_smoking.jpg
    640 x 480 - 62K
    Picture_1.png
    983 x 751 - 108K
  • edited December 1969

Here's a sample render of the smoke parented to a plane. I looped the plane back through it's own smoke trail to show that the alphas on the particles works as advertised. The prop on the plane is a disk with an alpha as well and it doesn't effect the particle display.

I'm including a screen shot of the particle settings I used as they are different than the one Iinked to above.

WOW DUDE thats fantasic!

edited December 1969

The other thing to consider is the particle shading system. I haven't played with it much, but you can set colors to change over the length of the particle life. Might be useful in a glow channel for something like a jet flame perhaps?