I really need a helping hand on this one please!

Sin StalkerSin Stalker Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Okay, I tried to get this a long time ago but nothing would work right and gave up. I know several people who use this program with the same hobby I am into (making your own comics).

So I want to really give a good try. Well its been three days and I've had to install/uninstall Daz Studio 4 five times already.

Now there are ALOT of problems and glitches and issues that keep coming up. I'll just start with the first problem.

Problem #1: I can not get Pro version to start

The program starts, but at the top it always says "DAZ Studio 4.0 Standard" Not pro.

I have gotten 2 separate pro serials so far.

I saw this:
https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/21391331

Now I see that, THAT pro version has a lot of stuff after it was unzipped. However I ONLY have:
DAZStudio_4.0.3.47_Win32
DAZStudio_4.0.3.47_Win64
Installation-Guide-Windows

That's it.

I have a 64 bit system so I install the 64 bit version.

I open the program and it has a list of content with serials already in and they all have orange checkmarks. Not green, not red, but orange.

There is no place to put in the pro serial, so I go up to Help and try registering it. I get a new box which asks for a serial. I put in my pro serial. No mistakes, no extra or hidden characters. I'M SURE.
Anyways, the checkmark appears, orange again, not green or anything else and I click accept.

Nothing happens. I try closing the program and re-openning. Nothing happens. Still says Standard version at the top.

I'll save my other issues for after I can get a program to accept its own pro version serials or whatever. Standard version doesn't help me as the pro has the refit function which my friends tell me I'll need, especially since I am on a limited budget and will have to reply on free products and parts my friends make and share.

Please tell me where I can download the CORRECT download, as the download given off the main download page is incorrect (when seeing that page I shared) and please help me get pro working.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

First off just uninstalling DS4 is not a full uninstall. You should have a CMS (Content Management Service) uninstaller also that needs to be run. Then you need to Delete the left over Folders just to be safe so you are sure all the content is removed. More can be done but I refuse to go into editing the registry at this time.

Then Delete the version of DS4 you are installing from your system. Go to My Account and RESET your DS4Pro download so you will have the most up to date version and download it. It should come as a Zip file I belive, I know the DS4.5 version does not sure about DS4Pro. Inside the Zip file when you unpack it you should have a text file with a working serial number for that version of DS4Pro. The online registration will not work you have to Register on your PC.

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited August 2012

You can have all the bells and whistles. I have 4.0.3.47 That is the Pro version, and downloaded with the installer from the DAZ store Free section. Autofit was preloaded and came with it. I just did this.. like 10 days ago.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/free-3d-models-and-content/

Second row on the page is a big box that Says Studio 4 Pro. after check out.. you can get the download off your acct page. My Downloadable Products in My Acct. There will be several Downloads.. mac, pc, 32, 64, pick the one you want.

The exe. you download from there is far easier to use than a zip for install on a pc.

If you need a serial number to install.. go to knowledge base in Help scroll down.. there will be serials for the free products you can copy.

All those orange checkmarks mean you have that content loaded. The lock icons will denote status of the checked items.

You should see a couple with serial # boxes (a field full of greyed xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-) I think Animate and DAZ Decimator.

Relax. Read the page you linked to. See where is says 4.0.3.47 Same as the Zip you received. You wont see Studio4 pro anywhere until you actually launch the application and see it on the windows header. You won't see zips for all those features, because they are already loaded.

Post edited by Teofa on
  • Sin StalkerSin Stalker Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

standfast said:
    You can have all the bells and whistles. I have 4.0.3.47 That is the Pro version, and downloaded with the installer from the DAZ store Free section. Autofit was preloaded and came with it. I just did this.. like 10 days ago.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/free-3d-models-and-content/

Second row on the page is a big box that Says Studio 4 Pro. after check out.. you can get the download off your acct page. My Downloadable Products in My Acct. There will be several Downloads.. mac, pc, 32, 64, pick the one you want.

The exe. you download from there is far easier to use than a zip for install on a pc.

If you need a serial number to install.. go to knowledge base in Help scroll down.. there will be serials for the free products you can copy.

All those orange checkmarks mean you have that content loaded. The lock icons will denote status of the checked items.

You should see a couple with serial # boxes (a field full of greyed xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-) I think Animate and DAZ Decimator.

Relax. Read the page you linked to. See where is says 4.0.3.47 Same as the Zip you received. You wont see Studio4 pro anywhere until you actually launch the application and see it on the windows header. You won't see zips for all those features, because they are already loaded.

I uninstalled everything. I've gone to the shop area and "bought" the pro version before, although I have not downloaded from that source. I downloaded from the main Daz 4 pro page where it has those two large green Download buttons.

I swear, all these different links, plus about 99% of any links in the program go to old resources or mostly ones that don't exist anymore. Web pages are just gone. You'd think they would update or redirect but they keep this very confusing, especially for brand new people.

Anyways, I'll download and fellow what you put here and see if this time it'll give me the pro version with auto and refit stuff. I'll post once I'm done and have installed.

edited December 1969

standfast said:

Also, its never once shown that its the pro addition, and I am only talking about after its been installed and opened and used. The header and all information remains Standard edition. Perhaps I was using the wrong serial key. I would go to my account and go to my serial keys and copy the one that was on there. Maybe with this serial you pointed me towards, it'll work for once. It shouldn't take me 3+ days to install and get running a program. And when I say 3+ days I mean from waking up to going to bed, minus meals and restroom breaks and one trip to the grocery store.

I just keep imagining how many others give up right away. Shame.

edited December 1969

Okay, using the serial or a different download source worked.

I opened the new program and it still showed Standard version, however after applying that serial found on the help page (they should really make it more apparent to use that one instead of others) I closed the program and reopened. It wanted another serial for something random (I'll look into that later and see if I need help with it) but closed that and the program ran as Pro at the top.

Thank you for the help! I'm going to play around with this and see if my other problems remain before I ask them. :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If it still shows up as Standard, go to Help > Register DAZ Studio to put in the Pro serial number.