.AVI Files

GregInOzGregInOz Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello all.

I am very happy with Bryce 7.
I can make animations and render them. (Windows Seven version.)
They save to the bryce 7 folder in the place that I expect them to be. (In the c:/users/bryce7 folder)
However, I cant open them in any of my video players, and I can't see them in my video editing suite. (DixX or VLC Media player)
Is there a way to either save them as another format, or could you please make a video player and export menu for Bryce 8?

Thanks
Greg

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

I am going to move your post over to the Bryce forum, as it will get a better answer over there.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

@GregInOz - I'm not very much in animation, others may give you better advice. File > Render Animation opens a dialog. Here you can set the output format (AVI, BMP Sequence, QuickTime or RealMovie). In this dialog, you can also define where the rendered movie is to be saved.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited May 2012

After you click on Render Animation (File/Render Animation) - an applet pops up when you do so.

Clicking on the small down arrow (next to Output Module) should give you other formats available; clicking the EDIT button should give you compressor options (click the small arrow here next to Compressor); while if you click the SET button, you can also change the location to any file structure on your comp.,. Note, also, if you change the format (as mentioned above in the Output Module part), say, to Quicktime, then clicking again on the EDIT button opens up more compressor options.

Just tried opening an AVI I have here using VLC and they worked fine, however, the colours in the original AVI have been changed by the ‘ware – weird. VLC is a fantastic piece of ‘ware, but I don’t use it much as I’m used to opening Vids in other ‘wares (the freeware, IrfanView, is also very good, too - might be worth a check).

As to why you’re not seeing the AVIs, sorry, but don’t know what’s going on there, so will let others more knowledgeable help you out.

Cheers

EDIT: Oops, cross-posted with Horo

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - not actually a cross post; rather a better detailed description which is more helpful.

• GregInOzGregInOz Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Pam (chohole)

Could you please email me a link to the new location of my enquiries about .AVI files?
    I have spent all day today (May 30) doing experiments and I would like to post appropriately.

Many Kind regards
    Greg In Oz

edited December 1969

@Horo
    @JamaHoney

Many kind thanks for your suggestions.
    It went a long way to flattening my learning curve.
    Now I have more information, but I am not sure if that information advances the discussion much.
    Time will tell.

Greg.

edited May 2012

GregInOz said:
    @Pam (chohole)

Could you please email me a link to the new location of my enquiries about .AVI files?
    I have spent all day today (May 30) doing experiments and I would like to post appropriately.

Many Kind regards
    Greg In Oz

Umm, why you need a link, cos I moved it here, and it seems that you did find it.

Cheers
    Pam (confuzzled in South Wales) ............. That's the real South Wales, not the New one. :roll:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Hi Pam;

I did not realise that I had followed along..I was using the email links. Sorry.
    Greg.

edited December 1969

OK, no probs, I am now only normally confuzzled, not extra confuzzled. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Hi All;
    Later tonight or earlier tomorrow will post the results of my experiments. They involve USB hard drives, file extensions and apple versus windows.....quite a trip on one day! Greg.

edited December 1969

well....hope that you are all well.

I have installed Bryce seven on both of my machines.
    I have a usb hardrive that I lead-swap between the two machines.
    I can exchange the bryce files easily between machines.
    If I render the shared files in either machine, the Windows 7 machine defaults to .AVI and the Apple to QuickTime.
    Trying to render QuickTime on the windows machine results in no output.
    And conversely , avi on the apple...same error.

So I have resorted to making .br7 files and sharing them between the two.
    when I get a video editor that I like I will render on the home machine.

Greg

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem on Windows 7 64bit. I downloaded Quick Time and use Quick Time from the dropdown list in the Output Module.

Hope this helps