WIP Thread for May New Users Contest.

2»

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

version3 said:
    Hi everyone, I think this will be my finished version of Mr Hyde vs. The Law. Do you think I went overboard on the explosions?

I have taken Daz to a new level with the purchase of a 24" monitor today, for the first time I can see all my tabs and the scene at the same time. WOW what a difference it makes.

I now hate you. Your postwork skills far out class mine. Very nice work, I see I will enjoy watching your work as you post it.
  • berriboyberriboy Posts: 171
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    version3 said:
    Hi everyone, I think this will be my finished version of Mr Hyde vs. The Law. Do you think I went overboard on the explosions?

I have taken Daz to a new level with the purchase of a 24" monitor today, for the first time I can see all my tabs and the scene at the same time. WOW what a difference it makes.

I now hate you. Your postwork skills far out class mine. Very nice work, I see I will enjoy watching your work as you post it.

Thank-you but the credit goes to the amazing set of Ron's Explosions I have been looking to use since I got them last week.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oh wow Version3, this is looking really good now, :coolsmile::coolsmile:

I too bought those explsions, but haven't had a chance to play yet.

edited May 2012

version3 said:
    Thank-you but the credit goes to the amazing set of Ron's Explosions I have been looking to use since I got them last week.
    I still see much skill here, layers are used or the back explosion would not have worked. And thanks for the heads up, that is a set of Ron's I do not have yet. I wish that my Wishlist was not broken.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Chohole and Jaderail

• edited December 1969

version3 said:

First, congrats on the new monitor! I couldn't live without a decent monitor to design on. As far as going overboard on the explosions, I don't think you went to far, but I think your placement could be better. One of the great things about that piece is the bike looked like it was ready to pop out of the screen. With that explosion in front of the tire, it really takes away from this. Another thing you may want to think about is where are you first looking when you see that image where do your eyes go from there? (I print things off, then turn them upside down to see about this, and it helps me with proportion and flow a lot.) I like how this image is coming along and I think it will be a great peice when you finish.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

version3 said:
    Jaderail said:
    version3 said:

Aren't Ron's Brushes the best. I own every one of them and use them constantly when making packs.

edited December 1969

I really like them, so many to choose from and they look great with very little editing.

• edited December 1969

version3 said:

That is great!! and there can never be too many explosions when chasing that Mr Hyde!

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

version3 said:

looks awesome. well done

edited December 1969

Thank-you sweetluv40, Angie Tucker and LycanthropeX.

• edited December 1969

Quite welcome, and I must say that your final render has come a very long way from where it started! Good luck in the judging, your entry has my vote for sure! On that note, I am already looking forward to next months competition .... perhaps we will see mono color renders I would love that!

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Its still in progress at the moment. I am pleased with the angle of the shadows in general, but I feel like its missing something. I dunno maybe she should be holding an egg?

Amy

back_to_the_stone_age_wip.jpg
    444 x 500 - 201K
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

version3 said:

I really like this one. It was great to read through the thread and see the evolution of the image as you took on board the feedback. Nice work!

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Its still in progress at the moment. I am pleased with the angle of the shadows in general, but I feel like its missing something. I dunno maybe she should be holding an egg?

Amy

There is alot of 'background space' taking up the middle of the image. Maybe move the perspective a touch so either the girl or the dinosaur are more centered. Alternatively, move the dinosaur a bit further to the left so its taking up the bulk of the image. It might also give the impression the girl is cowering from it rather than just assessing her options.

I like the concept though, looking good.

Post edited by Loaar on
    edited December 1969

OK guys and gals Today is the last day for submissions, so make sure you have posted your final images in the actual contest thread

edited May 2012

Just a heads up for the people that can get word to others.

This thread is now staying marked as UNREAD no matter how many times you open it. Win 7 and IE 9.

Just in the Forum Home view, it shows READ in the New Users section.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Another random annoyance to keep us on our toes

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

A couple of different takes on my piece. The large amount of background space is more habit than anything else for me.

I also adjusted the concept to have the dinosaur looking at her from above.

Amy

found_03_wip.jpg
    532 x 600 - 260K
    found_wip_2.jpg
    532 x 600 - 267K
    back_to_the_stone_age_wip_2.jpg
    532 x 600 - 275K
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

A couple of different takes on my piece. The large amount of background space is more habit than anything else for me.

I also adjusted the concept to have the dinosaur looking at her from above.

Amy

the 2nd is my fav. Needs work on the lighting though, might play with the camera angle just a tad as well