looking for a birdman

gabugabu Posts: 303
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ideally I would like a chimera a bit like as with the centaur, only with a bird body instead of a horse.

The only character I have found so far is the harpy for V4.

Does anybody know of any birdman like chimera that I can use in Studio 4?

Thanks.

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321
    edited December 1969

The Griffin might be of help to you
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-legendary-griffin

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the pointer.

When I refered to the centaur I wasn't intending to convey that I was wanting a 4 legged body.

The problem with the V4 harpy is that it is very much a human body with bird legs, whereas I am wanting ideally a more bird-like body with a human torso.

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited August 2012

It's an ant+V4 body, by AntFarm.
    Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/anu-naki

Post edited by Teresa Tyllo on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link. Very impressive.

All I need is the body to be a bird instead.

I think I will have to look at creating one myself. I remember there was at least one thread in the old forums that dealt with the techniques needed to create a centaur. I will have to hunt them up. At that time I was more interested in putting an animal head on a human body (unsuccessfully).

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    Thanks for the link. Very impressive.

All I need is the body to be a bird instead.

I think I will have to look at creating one myself. I remember there was at least one thread in the old forums that dealt with the techniques needed to create a centaur. I will have to hunt them up. At that time I was more interested in putting an animal head on a human body (unsuccessfully).

Can you give us a sketch or two of what you want? I notice that descriptions can sometmes result in lots of confusion and lost time hashing out what the searcher really needs.

Just please be aware, you might still have to do some frankensteining of your own.

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Have you looked at this one yet?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-bird-cult

edited August 2012

This is the picture that started off the hunt (sorry for the quality - I held the book in front of my webcam).

The man's torso is more integrated with the bird's, as you get with a centaur, so you get very much a chimera.

imagex.jpg
    626 x 562 - 74K
    Post edited by gabu on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited August 2012

Gareee has a product in the store that inetgrates a human torso with dragon legs and wings, but I don't know of any which would do a good job of blending with a bird. I suspect you're stuck with doing it in postwork.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

I was afraid that would be the case.

As a matter of principle I have always tried to avoid postwork, believing that I should be able to create the image solely within Studio.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,799
    edited December 1969

Used the Harpy creature for V4
    V4 morphs
    Feathered wings..

May give you an idea :)

Harpy_type_creature.jpg
    800 x 600 - 413K