Quick question about the Powerpose tool.

BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi guys,

I've got a character whose hand is exactly where I want it, but I want to twist the body round and keep the hand where it is. I've used the Powerpose tool to get to where I am, with some success, and I was just wondering whether there's a nice simple way to say "Move anything except that damned hand!"

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You could try Pinning BlumBlum. Select the Bone tool and then your hand, with the hand selected hit the spacebar. That pins it in place. You can then use the bone tool to select any part of your character and move it as you like and the hand will stay pinned in place.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OOh that sounds painful Pinning BlumBlum.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    OOh that sounds painful Pinning BlumBlum.
    Hehehe... new render idea. OH NO the TOS would not let me post it, man.
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

No pin the BlumBlum!

Thanks Jeff, I didn't know about that little trick. I used the pin on the rotation thingo but that didn't do anything. This way it works really well. Now I can do the same with his foot and move him around how I want him. Shame it's gonna hurt, but you know how it is, pain begats art!

edited December 1969

No pin the BlumBlum!

Thanks Jeff, I didn't know about that little trick. I used the pin on the rotation thingo but that didn't do anything. This way it works really well. Now I can do the same with his foot and move him around how I want him. Shame it's gonna hurt, but you know how it is, pain begats art!

I never did figure out what the first type of pinning was for. The Bone pinning is just like DS3's Tool Pinning. I use it very often. It's great for editing a pose that is close but not just right.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Pins are for voodoo dolls. I needs me a few of those. Voodoo dolls I mean, have plenty of pins, as an ex-dressmaker.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Pins are for voodoo dolls. I needs me a few of those. Voodoo dolls I mean, have plenty of pins, as an ex-dressmaker.

I have plenty of voodoo dolls, pre and post bled.