How to install RC4.5 without the basic content?

creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

How to install RC4.5 without the basic content?
i do not like the free basic content, how can i un-install or just install the program without content.

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Right now it is not possible to do so as the installers are all bundled with the content. What you can do is customize your install to specify a new location for the default content and then remove that directory from your Content Directory Manager listings.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

You can use windows uninstall functionnality. Just look for DS4 Default content in Windows add/remove programs.

Be aware that you won't be able to use Uberenvironnement or Shader presets and may be also standard lights. I would backup a few usefull things before doing that

Good luck

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

adamr001 said:
    Right now it is not possible to do so as the installers are all bundled with the content. What you can do is customize your install to specify a new location for the default content and then remove that directory from your Content Directory Manager listings.
    The basic content also has it's own uninstaller (a link is in the "DazStudio4\Installed DS Content" directory) which you could run to remove it. I agree with the OP there is nothing in it I use either. In the good-ol-days of Studio 3, Daz would release 2 installers, one with Content and another without. The one WITHOUT Default content, still contained the stuff like lights, shaders etc, as mentioned by Takeo.Kensei above, but removed the rest of the "fluff". Hopefully DAZ will return to this and make it a seperate installer, or better yet a seperate download(so we don't waste time downloading 400+ megs that were never going to use.), for the final version.
    Post edited by Art_Junkie on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited August 2012

Yes, you could use the uninstaller, but it won't fix the paths in the Contend Directory Manager and you'll have to do that anyway.

You'll also lose quite a few other useful things as mentioned by other posters.

Post edited by adamr001 on