Character wip

edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I am still working on several projects.
Here is a pic of a base mesh I am working on. It is still very low poly and there is much more tweaking to do.
I just started the feet and hands.

Comments

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited December 1969

Very nice, Hex rocks

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited August 2012

This tutorial is very useful http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?pid=705 but it's not free,only the lesson 1-preview ,unfortunately to watch it on website , a subscription is required and a monthly fee ,minimum 45 usd.

Post edited by cris333 on
  • edited December 1969

I restarted this base mesh. I am learning some new Technics for base mesh modeling.
    It is much different than I have done before. I don't know how many times I will remodel this, but when it is done then I will take it into sculptris or blender then retopo. After that I will bake some normal, specular and defuse maps, after uv mapping.

base_mesh.jpg
    823 x 631 - 33K
  • edited December 1969

Here are three more update pics.

base_mesh_3.jpg
    903 x 630 - 37K
    base_mesh_2.jpg
    505 x 667 - 28K
    base_mesh.jpg
    844 x 669 - 39K
  • edited August 2012

Heheh...the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw this panel was wanting to shout "WHERE'S YOUR FUCKING NECK???"

99% of the people who read this probably won't have any idea what I'm talking about, so to them my apologies for the profanity.

But for the other 1%, let's all light a candle for the passing (as far as I can see anymore) of a tremendously fun cult phenomenon!! :lol:

PS:
    Didn't mean to interrupt your tutorial, Jonny...I fust found this too hard to resist. :)

base_mesh[2].jpg
    823 x 631 - 33K
    Post edited by emfederin_9bc0c524c8 on
  • ClaywomanClaywoman Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

He looks great!:-)

• RectroRectro Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Hi Johnny.

Coming together realy nice, good to see the forarm pronate evenly. I like the presentation of the rib cage, and the spine depression, keep going at it.

I would try to have at least two loops without any tris where it wraps from the pectoralis major, through the deltoids, all the way around the scapula, although you can terminate the loop into a Tri where the anterior (front) deltoid crosses the humerus, this still gives the correct form for the pectoralis majors insertion to the humerus, your notice this more so when the arms are latealy lifted.

• edited August 2012

CGDreams said:
    Hi Johnny.

Coming together realy nice, good to see the forarm pronate evenly. I like the presentation of the rib cage, and the spine depression, keep going at it.

I would try to have at least two loops without any tris where it wraps from the pectoralis major, through the deltoids, all the way around the scapula, although you can terminate the loop into a Tri where the anterior (front) deltoid crosses the humerus, this still gives the correct form for the pectoralis majors insertion to the humerus, your notice this more so when the arms are latealy lifted.

Thanks Danny
    I hope to get back on this project very soon.

IF you would not mind.
    Would you take one of this pics and draw out the loop. " all the way around the scapula, although you can terminate the loop into a Tri where the anterior (front) deltoid crosses the humerus"

I want to make sure I get a proper flow for deformation

Post edited by johnnybevo_1ac43c32de on
  • RectroRectro Posts: 35
    edited August 2012

CGDreams said:
    Hi Johnny.

Thanks Danny

IF you would not mind.
    Would you take one of this pics and draw out the loop. " all the way around the scapula, although you can terminate the loop into a Tri where the anterior (front) deltoid crosses the humerus"

Sorry for late reply Johnny, I didn't get the full notification message in my email. Il do some Ecorche drawings this morning, or dig some iv already done out for you.

Ok, I uploaded the pics and included the female torso with edge flow I did for you this morning.

Edge flow pictures and object file

Post edited by Rectro on
  • edited December 1969

CGDreams said:
    CGDreams said:
    Hi Johnny.

Thanks Danny

IF you would not mind.

Sorry for late reply Johnny, I didn't get the full notification message in my email. Il do some Ecorche drawings this morning, or dig some iv already done out for you.

Ok, I uploaded the pics and included the female torso with edge flow I did for you this morning.

Edge flow pictures and object file

Thanks Danny