daz supersuit help..

Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

im trying to figure out a way to invert the seams. to give them that depth and true humanoid look. Basically im trying to reduce my post work in photoshop if its at all possible.

if some one can point me in the right direction. please.

i have the skin textures laid down on the one i saved. but i need a way to drop the seams below the skin layer.

btw i have no clue why i am having the color bleed issue you see in the picture. anyone have an answer to that too.

Post edited by Kyu2130 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am sorry, I have had to remove your image, because we don't have content filters.

Can you replace it with an image showing the untextured, defaut grey figure, and preferably one that doesn't show the pubic area.

THankyou

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If I understand what you're trying to do, you need a displacement map. That's a black and white .jpg with the same template as the diffuse map. Darker areas are sunk below the surface, lighter colors are raised above it, gray is neutral. So convert those seam overlays into a B&W with the seams darker, and adjust the displacement parameters to get the desired effect.

• Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

im pretty new to Daz so if you can point me to a tutorial that might help me along. I basically understand i have to invert the jpeg. but i have no clue where to find the maps i need to do this.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm at a loss as to what your trying to do. If you you push the seams to skin level all your left with is the figure you started with. I do not understand why you need this. What is the goal of doing this?

edited December 1969

im looking to invert the seams Jaderail. for depth. basically put the skin texture on the suit and black on the genesis figure( turning the genesis figure a different color is easy) its inverting the suit so the seams are low that i need help with.

think I Robot with a skin texture basically. something like this
    http://www.xda-wallpapers.com/Hi-Tech/2560x1600/A-cyborg-a-robot-mechanism-michael-oswald

edited August 2012

I just looked at what your trying to do. And then tried it myself. The only way this would work would be if you had a Skin Texture made for the Super suit. What your trying to do will need a Displacement map just like said before. Then you could just put that Dis map on genesis you would not even need the Supersuit.

What I'm getting at is this. The Supersuit will not PUSH genesis UNDER it and make it dent in. A Displacement map that pushed in will do what you want. Do a Google search for the DS3 manual. It explains Displacement maps very well and the info is still good in DS4.

Now with that all said. I think it can get very close very easy. Give me a few and I will try a idea I have.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Okay I did this in no time. I'm still at a loss of how to get skin on the skin parts. Maybe with the Default Skin shader. But if this is close to what you wish to do it is easy.

Seams_In.png
    800 x 800 - 585K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail.. I found one, guess i have alot of reading to do...

edited December 1969

are you talking about the default skin that comes with the super suit

edited December 1969

I ask again something like this?

Deapth_test.png
    800 x 800 - 615K
    edited December 1969

yes thats the direction im trying to go.. you mind letting me know how you did that

and thanks for all the help

edited December 1969

It was not hard. I loaded Genesis and turned it all off with the EYE's in the scene tab except for the neck and head. Then I loaded the Supersuit and used the SHAPE presests for Seams pushed in. I then used the Default skin shader to put the texture on it one texture zone at a time. The face is still Genesis so it could have a better texture but then it would not blend as well as it does. I did have to read the Supersuit doc file to understand how texture it fast and easy.

I can not get the head shapes to work so I just hid them. If you play with the scale of Genesis you might get those to work also. I'm not sure but if you are not in a hurry you could try it.