Skilled modeler, but novice with Hexagon... Advice?!

aaronmwolfordaaronmwolford Posts: 1
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hey everyone, I recently got Hexagon and am trying to wrap my brain around this package. I'm skilled in 3ds Max and have fluent knowledge in modeling. I just need to figure out how Hexagon works in relation. Tutorials seem to be scarce... Are there books, tutorials, guides, anything?! Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 1969

If you're skilled in 3ds Max I assume you can't buy the full version and want something similar. I suggest trying Blender. Hexagon is nice in theory but is a buggy piece of crap in reality.

• aaronmwolfordaaronmwolford Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Yea I need something similar. Blender and I have been butting heads for a long time. I would like to avoid using it if at possible. The python language it uses, just screws me up.

• edited December 1969

How much can you spend?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,352
    edited July 2012

Not being a smart butt, but why would you go away from 3DSMax? Is there something in particular you are looking for?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited July 2012

Hey everyone, I recently got Hexagon and am trying to wrap my brain around this package. I'm skilled in 3ds Max and have fluent knowledge in modeling. I just need to figure out how Hexagon works in relation. Tutorials seem to be scarce... Are there books, tutorials, guides, anything?! Thanks.

You can run through the tutorials at geekatplay.com to see if you can get the 'hang' of Hexagon.

Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited July 2012

You can run through the tutorials at geekatplay.com to see if you can get the 'hang' of Hexagon.

Geekatplay are probably the best place to go for tutorials. IIRC there is a stickied list yep...I was right. Here is the link to the thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/298/

Edited to add, yes there are bugs in Hexagon but you can mostly work around them and as long as you save frequently isn't a big issue.

But then I look at Blender and it makes my brain melt out of an ear and go running in fear.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Gary Miller is pretty awesome at hex on geek@play.
    I started with gmax, couldnt even get a demo to run on my
    pc of max.
    But alot people seem to like starting in hex and ending project in the high end wares like lw
    c4d and max.
    Be nice if we could get cripeman and BigT to do some tus along with the other great hexers

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

I'll second that the geeksatplay tutorials for Hexagon are worth studying.