JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

Leana said:
    Brilliant images everyone..

Sorry for my absence yet again - but here's hoping that now the forum is getting better we can pick up where we left off previously.

Here's the promo for the completed Baroque Grandeur redux.. release date hasn't been decided upon - but will be sooo-in the [hopefully] very near] future

The new version looks awesome :)

Thank you, you can get you hands on it very *sooooooon*

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Sorry for my absence yet again - but here's hoping that now the forum is getting better we can pick up where we left off previously.

Here's the promo for the completed Baroque Grandeur redux.. release date hasn't been decided upon - but will be sooo-in the [hopefully] very near] future

...BG has been redone?

Yea, remember I had to pull all the Redhouse stuff?

All of them are having their base textures replaced, then a quick spit and polish and being relaunched. It's a ton of work though - but well worth it.
    ...does this mean it will require more processing power to render?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...BG has been redone?

All of them are having their base textures replaced, then a quick spit and polish and being relaunched. It's a ton of work though - but well worth it.

Possibly, I guess..?

I mean the textures I think are higher-res, and the DS mat's for the crystal is quite sluggish, but hopefully that's nothing insurmountable. The geometry is all the same still, with it's modular design - so hopefully it can be adjusted to suit.

Hope that helps.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Here is something I did a while back...

Las-Flores-Final.jpg
    1163 x 1609 - 573K
    edited December 1969

Looks cool - the colour tone works really well, it mutes the bg nicely :)

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Just thought I'd put a comment in - I'm doing a multi figure render using Jack's The Library. Currently up to 24 Figures. If you'd like to come give it a look, you can see it at:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/433/

or follow it on my site at:

http://www.shaaelia.com/search/label/The Wizards Library#

And Jack, the new version of Baroque is amazing! Only problem is that you keep giving me ideas, and there's not enough time to render them all!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...BG has been redone?

Possibly, I guess..?

I mean the textures I think are higher-res, and the DS mat's for the crystal is quite sluggish, but hopefully that's nothing insurmountable. The geometry is all the same still, with it's modular design - so hopefully it can be adjusted to suit.

Hope that helps.
    ...will the update overwrite the older version's textures or will it just append the new ones to the set. Really don't want to miss out on the offer as I should soon (hopefully not Daz Soon) have my new system up and working.

Note, never go to Frys for their specials. Learned that the hard way as I was shorted drive mount screws (unique to the case design) and they gave me the wrong optical drive rails.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...BG has been redone?

Possibly, I guess..?

Hope that helps.
    ...will the update overwrite the older version's textures or will it just append the new ones to the set. Really don't want to miss out on the offer as I should soon (hopefully not Daz Soon) have my new system up and working.

Note, never go to Frys for their specials. Learned that the hard way as I was shorted drive mount screws (unique to the case design) and they gave me the wrong optical drive rails.

Yep, as per the product page - "This and the original can be used at the same time and reside in a single Runtime folder without any problems. "

:D

edited December 1969

...excellent.

Thank you,

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And I still need a few of the new ones, now I'll have to pick up all the updated ones also. Can a guy's wallet ever get a break?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Can a guy's wallet ever get a break?

Being recently married I can categorically say 'no, never' :lol:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

It only gets worse with time. LOL

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Being recently married I can categorically say 'no, never' :lol: As long as it's spent on your stuff Jack I'm not going to whimper...Much.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

I was afraid of that.. :( ;)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I fixed my time problem Frank. Twenty years as a free man now and the wallet feels much better...
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

As long as it's spent on your stuff Jack I'm not going to whimper...Much.

Me neither :D

edited December 1969

At least mine makes her own money now so it isn't as painful.

edited December 1969

Mine does too - but she's not silly enough to spend her own money! ;)

(I kid, I kid)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    I fixed my time problem Frank. Twenty years as a free man now and the wallet feels much better...

Living the dream! lol

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:

Living the dream! lolJack don't get me wrong, my married years were the best years of my life. It was just not meant to be for us and we ended it mostly on friendly terms. I wish you nothing but peace and love in yours, and a full long life together.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Fortunately sitting in front of a computer and making stuff and rendering is your daytime job, so you're lucky.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Fortunately sitting in front of a computer and making stuff and rendering is your daytime job, so you're lucky.

Yea, if I had a hobby I'd be living on the streets, that's for sure! :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:

Living the dream! lolJack don't get me wrong, my married years were the best years of my life. It was just not meant to be for us and we ended it mostly on friendly terms. I wish you nothing but peace and love in yours, and a full long life together.

Thanks.. well, 3 months in and so far, so good!

Ask me again in 20+ years, though!

edited December 1969

We've been married for 15 years now. Boy time flies. An the kids are getting big and old quick.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

I'd say one day at a time. Not that I'm wise or anything, but it's impossible to speedrun through next week. (though I sometimes wish)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedrun

A speedrun is a play-through, or recording thereof, of a whole video game or a selected part of it (such as a single level) performed with the intent of completing it as fast as possible...
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

I'd say one day at a time. Not that I'm wise or anything, but it's impossible to speedrun through next week. (though I sometimes wish)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedrun

A speedrun is a play-through, or recording thereof, of a whole video game or a selected part of it (such as a single level) performed with the intent of completing it as fast as possible...

Think I've got speedrun engaged already to be honest!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Yea, if I had a hobby I'd be living on the streets, that's for sure! :)
    ...may find myself there even though I've had a steady job for over 17 years and stable rental history.

Due to zoning regulations here, I will have to move out of the place that's been home for nearly fifteen years by fall (long story). In Portland (OR) the rental market is brutal because of rampant gentrification and the push to develop more "upscale" communities. It's leaving a lot of hard working people out in the cold.

Even a small studio in the city can go for over 600USD. Tack on move-in fees/deposits, and one needs a "healthy" bank account (1,500 - 2,000USD) just to get into a place. On top of that there are those lovely "non-refundable" application fees (upwards of 50USD in some cases). I could pretty much trash my account just paying those as with how the market is here, rental agencies and landlords can afford to be very "nit-picky".

The only "affordable" places are in the far flung 'burbs where you need a car to get around because everything is so spread out and transit service is scant at best.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Been married 12 years and counting, and we lived together 12 years before that, so I've spent half my life with the love of my life (do the math and you know my age) and it's all about enjoying the good times together so you can ride out the storms when they come, and they will, over and over.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

26 years for us. I hear the newlywed phase wears off after a while. We're still waiting.

edited December 1969

...never have been and at this stage in life, probably never will be.

...just as good I suppose as there is that thing called the Day Job and my epic commute to and from every day that commands most of my waking hours during the week (and even some of the weekend as I am so exhausted by Friday I tend to sleep in late on Saturday).

This discussion has been closed.