Eldorin for Genesis Prob?

TinaLouiseCTinaLouiseC Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is it just me or... I cannot locate anything but the materials for this wonderful new outfit. I've even tried installing again. Suggestions?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

I don't have the pack but I would assume they would be in DAZ Studio Formats/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials

• TinaLouiseCTinaLouiseC Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I have the texures (materials) it's the outfit itself that doesn't seem to be there :(

edited December 1969

Instead of materials is should be under DAZ Studio Formats/My Library/People/Genesis/clothing/Bobbie 25

edited December 1969

LOL I know thank you but that's the problem, it doesn't seem to be. :(

edited August 2012

Btw love your avatar :)

Post edited by TinaLouiseC on
    edited December 1969

I just went and bought and installed it. The clothing is in DAZ Studio Formats/My Library/People/Genesis/clothing/Bobbie 25/Eldorin. Did you happen to just buy the textures and not the clothing?

edited December 1969

Thank you for doing that but I had actually bought both. And installed them twice... LOL I am now somewhat at a loss as what to try next....

edited December 1969

Yeah I'm kinda at a loss since it's in the right place for me. Sorry I couldn't help more.

edited December 1969

I appreciate your trying. Will try one more redownload and reinstall then contact support :)

edited December 1969

The only other thing I can think is the obvious stupid answer LOL. Did you install it to My Library?

edited December 1969

Grins nope not stupid at all and yes, yes I did :)

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I'd suggest specifying an empty folder as the install location, you will then be able to see exactly which files the installer is creating. Hopefully that will let you then drag and drop them into your content folder, if not it should give us extra info to pin down the problem.

edited December 1969

Thank you that's an excellent idea :)

edited December 1969

One last thing to try. while clicked on the content library, select the scroll in the top right and select Content DB Maintenance/metadata/ and select products then ok. \Let it reimport your meta data and see if it shows up.

edited December 1969

OK I found the issue I believe. It's installing .duf files, all of my other items are dsf. Am I going to have to upgrade to 4.5 to view these?

edited December 1969

AIUI .DUF files are 4.5 only, so it looks like you'll need to upgrade. Not ideal by any means, but it should sort itself out.

edited December 1969

Hmmm I don't wish to lose the use of my GenX program. That's kinda strange they would only put the item out for a version of Daz that's still only a release candidate. :(

edited December 1969

Agree with you there

edited December 1969

Perhaps I will submit a support ticket then, I don't think I should be penalized by purchasing a product that doesn't work with the current released version of Daz.

edited December 1969

You are well with in your rights to do so. In my opinion under compatible software it should say DAZ Studio 4.5 and no DAZ Studio. You have to look at the whats included and see the file type. What is someone is unfamiliar with the file types?

edited December 1969

This is the first time I've actually purchased something that wasn't usable for the current version of Daz but I'd agree :)

edited December 1969

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I know it must be a bummer.

edited December 1969

Smiles you win some you lose some and if I didn't know that GenX doesn't work with the newest RC i'd likely have simply updated. I seem.. addicted to that program :)

edited December 1969

Personally I would hang on to it - the pricing you bought at is a one-day only thing, and Studio 4.5 should go final at some point in the relatively near future, at which point plugins should be updated to work with it.

edited December 1969

Hmmm very good point :)

• IllusionArt 3DIllusionArt 3D Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hi people, I use daz studio 4.0.3.47, and I can not load the Eldorin outfit to the scene because the object is not displayed. The textures and Mat Poses which one is. I first installed the outfit in the daz 4 folder and then later in the "my library" folder, but again, I can not see the clothes. only the materials.
    It seems indeed a problem zuliegen before. please fix this, because the outfit looks awesome in the promo of render.

even if this is OT now, but where I can these "daz studio render" buttons, as most sellers in their promo pictures have download?
    Thank you for your help

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Glad I held fire - not that I need much more clothing anyway, though this does look nice! I think I am going to be, eventually, busy just trying to download all the products that have had a 4.5 related update.

• IllusionArt 3DIllusionArt 3D Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I would not switch to version 4.5, otherwise my reality for DAZ Studio does not seems to work. there is no possibility of the *. duf file for the 4:03 version to make use of?

edited December 1969

I would not switch to version 4.5, otherwise my reality for DAZ Studio does not seems to work. there is no possibility of the *. duf file for the 4:03 version to make use of?

No, the .duf file format is completely new in DS4.5 and DS4.0.3 does not know how to process it.

I expect that Reality will be updated to work with DS4.5 at some point after DS4.5 is finalised, but how quickly that happens depends on the author of Reality.

• Bobbie25Bobbie25 Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

DUf is the new ds format so I would say update your DS I myself love the new update and that will fix it the update will do the trick :)
    I gess when this got packed it was packed as the duf format I recall making them in the dsf one but know the update will fix it :)