Poser Pro 2012 crashing on Start up

namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Haven't started up Poser for a few days. Tried it today and it crashed as soon as the main screen came up -

poser pro executable file has stopped working

Using Windows 7.

I just updated Flash today and I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it. Before I go into uninstall reinstall hell I just wondered if others were having any problems.

Poser 9 still works.

Maybe I should uninstall 9, but they both worked before...

Although now that I checked I haven't updated poser 9 to sr3.

SO has anyone had problems with sr3 and has updated flash?

Comments

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited August 2012

I actually am emailing with someone from Smith Micro now. They said they don't think the flash update was a problem.

It also seems some files are missing from my preferences. Might have been a disk clean up issue from yesterday...

But I'll try to check out the flash update.

Post edited by namrettek on
    edited December 1969

Flash updated properly (at least according to Adobe's website).

edited December 1969

After a complete uninstall and reinstall I got poser pro up and running. But when I installed SR3 it started crashing again.

Sr3 doesn't like something...

edited December 1969

This problem was solved.

In case anyone else using zbrush and Poser has Poser crash upon loading with an MSVC90.dll failure -

It's a goz issue.

In zbrush I got goz working with Carrara (you can use any goz compatable software), then

under preferences, I cleared the cache, force reinstall on poser, - I did this several times back and forth tried to send it to poser. Eventually Poser worked.

If anyone has questions I can go into more detail or check out the thread over at runtimedna.
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?72742-Poser-Pro-2012-SR3-crashing-instantly-on-loading/page2&highlight=namrettek

• edited December 1969

Help me, all the versione of poser Poser pro 2014, poser pro 2012, poser pro 2010 and poser 8 crash ... and use system operation WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT... help me please... the my e mail is [email protected] i'm Italian boy and i'm speack englesh so so

• edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    namrettek said:
    Haven't started up Poser for a few days. Tried it today and it crashed as soon as the main screen came up -

poser pro executable file has stopped working

Using Windows 7.

I just updated Flash today and I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it. Before I go into uninstall reinstall hell I just wondered if others were having any problems.

Poser 9 still works.

Maybe I should uninstall 9, but they both worked before...

Although now that I checked I haven't updated poser 9 to sr3.

SO has anyone had problems with sr3 and has updated flash?

Help me, all the versione of poser Poser pro 2014, poser pro 2012, poser pro 2010 and poser 8 crash ... and use system operation WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT... help me please... the my e mail is [email protected] i'm Italian boy and i'm speack englesh so so

Have you gone to adobe.com and confirmed that the flash updated properly? I have had that problem a time or two. For some reason, the flash install was borked.

Well, in my case, the update to flash appears to have fixed some problems I was having with the library (the library no longer recognized the cursor - I can now load more than 3Gb of content in a Scene.)