Bryce on my second monitor

ValiskaValiska Posts: 51
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm using Bryce 7.1 Pro. I want it on my second, larger monitor. It's stuck on monitor 1. Setting 'Use Multiple Monitors' in Preferences doesn't do anything obvious, and if I try to drag the window over, the window gadgets and the workspace temporarily move, but all the controls stay in place on screen 1.

I hope I'm missing something, because this is a confounded nuisance. I position my equipment to work on screen 2 and have auxiliary stuff open on screen 1.

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

As far as I know, the Bryce main window is permanently stuck on your primary monitor, sorry.

Edit > Preferences > "Use multiple monitors" appears designed to use your second monitor to display things like the materials lab while allowing you to still see your main window, which would have been handy except that there appears to be a problem on my system where the materials lab window is displayed halfway off the right side of the 2nd monitor where I can't use it, plus Bryce crashes later when I do this. Perhaps someday that will be fixed, but for now I don't use the "Use multiple monitors" option.

If you have too much time on your hands, you could research the options provided by your graphics card. I might be making this up, but I thought a long time ago I remember seeing an option somewhere in the Nvidia settings that allowed some windows to be displayed in a position other than their default to handle having multiple monitors, but I don't remember the details or know if this could be be used in any way to fake out Bryce into going onto a 2nd monitor.

You can also check over in the Bryce forum ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/38/ ) to see if anybody there has additional information.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Can you just swap your left and right monitors (either physically or by making the other one the primary monitor)?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You would probably be better off asking this question in the Bryce forum. THere maybe someone there who can answer your question. Not many Brycers wander far away from there.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited December 1969

kcoady said:
    I'm using Bryce 7.1 Pro. I want it on my second, larger monitor. It's stuck on monitor 1. Setting 'Use Multiple Monitors' in Preferences doesn't do anything obvious, and if I try to drag the window over, the window gadgets and the workspace temporarily move, but all the controls stay in place on screen 1.

I hope I'm missing something, because this is a confounded nuisance. I position my equipment to work on screen 2 and have auxiliary stuff open on screen 1.

I'm using the same thing and I can tell you that it's Bryce itself that won't allow this. I have a 11.3" (tablet) as my main screen and a secondary screen of 26" but I can't use it with Bryce.

DAZ 3D and Hexagon are fine though.

• westcoastbmanwestcoastbman Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Whichever monitor is set to primary will have Bryce open onto it. I have 3 monitors and can have the application open to any monitor.

• bumblebeemanbumblebeeman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i have 3 monitors and it will ONLY display across all 3. the working window is always the same aspect ratio despite the settings. i can only see the top little bit when i render until i export the rendered product.
    What I want to do is confine Bryce to one screen.