Where's BBS?

13»

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

I've been waiting for Barry to start his thread back up in here but it hasn't happened yet.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well he did start this one, but he has been very proactive in it, for some reason.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/445/

Where are you Barry, we are all missing you.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Ah ok. The title threw me off. I was expecting something that was the same as the old..

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I think our Barry has retreated to games. I too thought he would come back and start up his thread where we left off.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well you all lost me to the Supersuit all day. That and lots of sleeping. What else was I gonna do on a holiday?

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I have a look every couple of days, but the forum isn't my home any more, I find it too annoying and my sense of humour can't cut through that. I play World of Warcraft a lot again, really getting back into it which surprises me no end.

It would help with the forums, for me at least, if there was a way to make the new posts be at the top of page 1 like they used to be? Am I simply missing that option somewhere? If I am, PLEASE tell me where it is, then maybe I'd be able to keep track of threads.

My "End of the world" thread was intended to be the start of a new never-ending thread, but since I don't come on much it's not really growing.

I hope everybody is well and happy, I am plodding along and will be back later today sometime, it's a busy one today.

In the meantime... FOR THE HORDE!!!!

edited December 1969

Just Uploaded my first two new Renders to the Forums. Love the new Art Studio, if you have not looked in it you should. Lots of Users have kicked it off with some really good threads. I'm in the Superhero thread right now. Just some simple Promo type renders but it is nice to have my juices flowing again.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

I find it extremely annoying that if you click on the last post, it is all you see, not previous ones on the same page
    I miss a lot of new posts!
    getting a tad fed up with it

edited December 1969

I find it extremely annoying that if you click on the last post, it is all you see, not previous ones on the same page
    I miss a lot of new posts!
    getting a tad fed up with it

I dont even bother with the quick links. I just load the last page of any threads I follow. Some of the quick links just drop me on page one of a thread, now that bugs the crap out of me.
    edited May 2012

I

It would help with the forums, for me at least, if there was a way to make the new posts be at the top of page 1 like they used to be? Am I simply missing that option somewhere? If I am, PLEASE tell me where it is, then maybe I'd be able to keep track of threads.

/quote]

That is one of the most annoying things about this software. Hopefull Daz webbies will be able to customise the software to tweak this back the way it needs to be, S:question::question:N

My "End of the world" thread was intended to be the start of a new never-ending thread, but since I don't come on much it's not really growing.

We will get there Barry.

Oh that's annoying, I used two different quotes, and it put my text in as well.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Sure we will chohole, I have egg's in the incubator. Which will come first? The chicken or the forums.

It's just a use of language folks, I'm not allowed to have LIVESTOCK on my land anymore. Thank you great state of Alabama and Jefferson County. Grumble.....

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Thing is, they spent so much time working on this, then so much downtime, I was hoping it would be something good. If not, then at least something not worse than we had before.

"We'll get there" is your way of saying something positive in the attempt to let me know things aren't right without standing against Daz, and I appreciate the necessities of such, but still that doesn't leave me feeling any less disappointment or even bitterness to some degree. I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking the situation and the fact that this is likely to continue for some time, because Daz are busy with other things and the whining of one poxy forum member will pale into insignificance compared to the kind of things they have to deal with.

But that doesn't help me, the whining forum member, I still feel alienated.

edited May 2012

Oh Dear, where oh where is the BlumBlumShub we all know and love. If someone has kidnappded him and has him locked up in a cupboard please let him out so he can come back and help cheer us all up again.

Barry, people like Frank, and Mike and me liked visitng your thread to cheer ourselves up, when things got too much for us, was one reason we all voted for you to get a special voucher when your first ever incarnation of the famous "BlamBlamShub" thread went pltinum. Well in went to 100 pages anyway, the first ever in the New Users Forum.

Everyone needs a fun thread to let of steam in, so coma on, let of steam in your normal quirky manner, cheer us all up, and yourslef as well.

Please,

Pretty Please

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited May 2012

WHAT CHOHOLE SAID!!!! Doubled!! and Tripled!!

I could burn some stuff to disk again. Remember how much fun we had getting Vicky to stay away from the weapons? She's still POed from the BURN she got!!

EDIT: This is not HOME for me because I got no BARRY in my life.....whimper....

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Sure we will chohole, I have egg's in the incubator. Which will come first? The chicken or the forums.

It's just a use of language folks, I'm not allowed to have LIVESTOCK on my land anymore. Thank you great state of Alabama and Jefferson County. Grumble.....

Ahhhh, the Land of the Free. This is not what the people we hanored yesterday died for.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

Barry's got the blues. Go eat some worms...big fat skinny worms, go eat some worms.

SHGOI (s*** happens, get over it)

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited May 2012

render some worms, in a bowl, with a fork!!!
    enjoy the new Pink forum html option there is poopy brown too! never had those choices before!
    also I found cow pats ♨♨♨ on my Android character map app! never saw those on windows character map! and they are unicode as far as I know ♨♨ big ones ♨♨♨ bold/strong ones ♨♨♨
    let me know if you cannot see my cow pats on your browser!!!!! ♨
    might do a cow pat thread title even!!! (for Sockratease)
    btw what IS this symbol really? ♨ anyone know? is it a funny maths function using quadratic equations to show steaming bun temperate fall off along the x,y,z axis!
    or a currency?
    or a foreign vowel that cannot be pronounced without farting?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Just did a major search for ♨. Can not find it. It must be in the system or I could not see it and copy it into other places. WEIRD.

edited May 2012

it is the secret browser friendly character the enables access to the poopy vortex!
    yeah Google seaching ♨ gets no results found
    that is maybe UNTIL NOW!!
    welcome to the " where is BBS thread on the Carrara forum!!!"
    well maybe?
    must try it when Google updates it's links!

SC20120530-015023-1.jpg
    544 x 360 - 24K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Everything's bigger in Texas...

at_steppedinit2.jpg
    580 x 580 - 86K
    edited December 1969

and runnier! 囧

edited December 1969

I think Barry will be back before DAZ is. How many "Grand Re-Openings" have we had now? I'm looking forward to Barry's new thread and hoping he tells us where and what it is. I gave up on fixing Mike the Hostage's foot after working on it for 3 hours last night. So upset I returned my M5 bundle. No point spending money when I can't create anything.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

sorry to hear that Anne, I like my M5 pro bundle for the clothing and textures, all of which work in Carrara
    only the Geografted sausage and two taters doesn't work, so don't need em! can I mail em back like Van Gogh's ear?

my pooter been tied up for over 12hours doing an FBX export!! using 95% (7.45Gb) of RAM!!!!!!
    don't want to abort after going so long it is 57% done.
    the file might be massive but no nessesarilly, did a similar one that took 15hours and it works fine, I even put it on the Reallusion marketplace for others who used it in videos!
    an iClone rigged fuzzy skinned in Carrara using iClone bones and a body I did in Sculptris and replicated hair on!
    this time I attached it to an iClone clonebone base figure where the head will have facial animation.
    it has 10000 replicated poly hairs created as real instances, that is what is taking it so long to rig as FBX.

edited December 1969

M5 was great, the short time I had him. I'm just upset with my lack of knowledge and/or skills to put together a picture. I think it's stupid to spend 10-20% of my monthly income on just 1 bundle until I learn how to use Studio/Bryce/Hexagon. I'll just muddle along, learning and playing, with what came with 4Pro, new freebies, deals just absolutely too good to pass up, and the multitude of content already sitting in my library. When I become proficient enough, I will get my M5 bundle back. I'll just have to take my chances on whatever the price is by then. I haven't even learned posing, lights, or camera yet.

So now I'm off to experiment.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K