Wow! New Store Thumbnails look GREAT!

GranvilleGranville Posts: 679
edited August 2012 in The Commons

:-)
What does everyone think of the new thumbnails. I love them. They look great on my 22 inch monitor. I was wondering if they look good on other set ups. What do you think?

Post edited by Granville on

Comments

• edited August 2012

Opinion seems to be divided (as usual!) - see the comments starting at post #11 of the 'Customer Appreciation Sale' thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5495/#69500 - two votes for, three against at the time I looked.

Personally I prefer to see as many products as I can on the screen at one time, so I'm not keen.

Edit: but having said that, I can already see some advantages with the bigger images (e.g. "Ah! So THAT'S what the picture was!") - I could grow to like it...

Post edited by NoneOfYourBusiness on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

Glad they have the sale percentage shown.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

I don't think that there are any fewer products on screen at a time. The previous thumbnails had acres for blank space. DAZ3d.com still doesn't use have the width of my monitor. There is a third of it empty on both sides. It looks like a giant void. I can't say that I like looking into the void.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

Definitely liking the new thumbnails!

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Oh yes, those new thumbnails are great - now I don't get a headache trying to see what's on the store page - without having to open each product on a new page. :-) I love it.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I am really liking the new thumbnails. Very well done and very professional looking imho compared to what we had before!

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Wow. Big.

Now, that's a welcome change for those of us with ever so tired eyes by the end of the day.

Now, if only we weren't forced to view the promos as a popup. I much preferred when doing so was an option, nor the only way to view the additional promos.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Count me in with the "like" camp! Just need an "end sale" date added and things would be very good at this point!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I definitely like them better than the setup that they replaced. Not sure if I like them better than the old store system, with more items viewable at once. Probably would prefer more items per screen, but I can certainly live with the big thumbnails!

• TimesurferTimesurfer Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

I like the new size too. Much easier to see :)

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

It was a bit of a weird surprise at first ("what just happened? why are these enormous?") but I think I prefer it now. You can actually get a better idea of what things are, and the sale percentages are a nice touch - and also a handy way of finding out if I'm still logged in or if the store's logged me out yet again.

All it needs now is a sale expiry date on the page and it'll be perfect.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited August 2012

Something else I think they may have fixed. If you want to see more per page, use that option.. so far setting it to 30 per page seems to be holding. :-)

OK, upon being logged out, it does revert back to the 15 per page but as long as your logged in the other page per settings do hold.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

I can view them now without eyestrain. My vision isn't what it used to be. Also I like the changes to the design of the individual product pages.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited August 2012

They're not bad. I wasn't expecting something like that, but not bad. :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

I love the new thumbnails, I also love having the sale price and percentage on the thumbs, not to mention having the "This product requires:" back. Great work DAZ!

Coldrake

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

:-)
    What does everyone think of the new thumbnails. I love them. They look great on my 22 inch monitor. I was wondering if they look good on other set ups. What do you think?

I like them too. I often overlooked stuff with the small icons, and you get at much better impression of the items with these big icons.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

I love them also :-). When I first viewed the site I did not know it changed and was really confused..lol. So I took a screen capture and was gonna ask about it to make sure I was not hallucinating...lmbo. Thank you DAZ and take care!!

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,748
    edited December 1969

As a PA I love them too ;)

Really helps us to show off our work.
    Over the last couple years I have been working to improve my artistic skills in the main image....so I love being able to show that off better.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    As a PA I love them too ;)

Really helps us to show off our work.
    Over the last couple years I have been working to improve my artistic skills in the main image....so I love being able to show that off better.

It was very impressive art Rawn, but you know I would have purchased it anyway, don't you?

:cheese:

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it's kind of nice to have larger pictures, but...

I used to be able to see twelve products at once. Now it's six. The negative outweighs the positive, in my opinion.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I'm definitely a fan of the new thumbnails. Whether or not you are interested enough in the product to follow the link it gives you a much better chance to appreciate both the product and the art of the promo render. I just burst out laughing looking at the thumbnail for Sporty Dress unimesh fits - I'd never noticed before that her car is sitting in the middle of the river!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

The new thumbnails are great. They really show off the product better.