Poser + Genesis DSON Importer module not found

124»

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

The DSON importer itself HAS to be installed inside the Poserpro2012 software folder.

• edited December 1969

Thank you! It kept installing to a different version of Poser I had on my machine, no matter how many times I changed the path in the settings. I finally searched my hard drive for the DSON folder, manually copied it and pasted it into the correct version folder under program files. Then, it lagged my library. After searching a fix, I found I had not copied and pasted the ScriptMenu folder to find the turn off progress bar. Finally did that, seemed to be ok. Then I find that DSON imported hair and clothes don't conform to my V4 after all that, realizing my preset scenes with her were not going to work, I quietly closed my laptop and cried.

Thank you for your fix though, it def worked for the issue :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Oh my ... {{{hugs}}}

• edited December 1969

cole4965 said:
    Thanks I figured it out, I didn't know how to link to an outside folder from inside Poser, shame on me, I have had every version of Poser since version 4.

So how do you link it?

If all the essentials have to be in a runtime outside of where Poser is, then how do you tell pose/DSON to go check for the files outside of Poser?

• latentomenmedialatentomenmedia Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

As much as I Love Daz and Poser ,they do not make anything easy or user friendly, when I got Poser 10 it was sent as a link that didn't open .and when I found it. it was a number not highlighted or Hypered , I did have the DSON installed and it messed everything up ,I uninstalled it , went though all the poop to get it back and Nothing , there is no PDF users manual ,its all a mess , I'm no longer worried about DSON Installer , I with DAZ and Poser which seem to be the same thing would merge or something . I use these programs so I don't have to do Python Script ,to make people and monsters .Its getting redundant

• fred1554fred1554 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Poser + Genesis DSON Importer module not found
    I had problems with Poser 2012
    Installed Poser 2014, same issue
    Uninstalled the Importer from the DAZ import Manager
    Set the settings to the correct application paths in the DAZ install Manager
    Re-installed the importer
    and it worked fine

• edited July 2014

I've read through the thread, and seen plenty of answers, but not one that I seems to work on mine, so I'm gonna lay my trouble out here.
    I have Poser 10.
    I'd moved my Poser 10 (and Daz Studio, Bryce, etc) to an external HD, to save space on my laptop's HD.
    Bryce and Poser works just fine (the new Daz Studio was being whacky even before I moved it)

Victoria 6 keeps saying the "Add a writable runtime folder to the library and try again".
    The DIM keeps installing things to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D
    I've tried so many different angles, and nothing worked. I just tried re-installing V6 (and the requisite stuff, Genesis Female etc...)
    Still get the same error message.
    Tried copying the My DAZ 3D Library folder to my Poser runtime on my EHD. (This has worked just fine before with other things)
    Still get the same error message. (but it *looks* like some good came of it, more appears than appeared before)
    I've tried changing read-only settings: Windows doesn't allow that.

Almost seems with these new "Install managers" and DSON importers, Poser has made itself *more* complicated, rather than less.

Post edited by meoghanvoce_6dbbcd9e70 on
  • edited December 1969

I've got a clean install of Poser on a Mac. I bought V6 and a model for her. I get the error as well, I can not load the model into the scene. It says:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/libraries/Character/DAZ People/Victoria 6.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

Please help! I am in a rush for a client. Thanks

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

nanogirl said:
    I've got a clean install of Poser on a Mac. I bought V6 and a model for her. I get the error as well, I can not load the model into the scene. It says:

File "/Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/libraries/Character/DAZ People/Victoria 6.py", line 1, in

Did you install "DSON Importer for Poser" with DIM or stand-alone? Do you have the latest SR for Poser?

• edited December 1969

I installed DAZ3DIM last week, looks like it's a standalone, it's in my applications. How do I know if I have the SR?

nanogirl said:

Did you install "DSON Importer for Poser" with DIM or stand-alone? Do you have the latest SR for Poser?

edited December 1969

Did you install "DSON Importer for Poser"?

Poser updates are here: http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-2014-updates.html

• edited December 1969

Sorry I should have mentioned I have Poser 12.

No I don't believe I have DSON.

• edited December 1969

I am downloading the DSON now, how do I use that?

Is there a update I need for 2012?

• edited December 1969

whoops, I get this error when I install DSON - Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "DSON Importer for Poser (Mac 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Poser Pro 2014, Pro 2012 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

edited December 1969

Poser Pro 2012 updates are here: http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-2012-updates.html

Make sure you have the path to the Poser application listed in DIM Settings > Applications, then install DSON Importer (64-bit) with DIM.

To use V6 you need to install:
    Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials
    Victoria 6
    Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials PoserCF
    Victoria 6 PoserCF

You'll find Victoria 6 in:

Figures: “DAZ People”
    Materials: “DAZ Genesis 2 Female:Victoria 6”
    Pose: “DAZ Genesis 2 Female:Victoria 6 Base”

• edited December 1969

I can't get it to install. I am installing DSON through DAZ3DM

Poser Pro 2012 updates are here: http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-2012-updates.html

Make sure you have the path to the Poser application listed in DIM Settings > Applications, then install DSON Importer (64-bit) with DIM.

To use V6 you need to install:
    Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials
    Victoria 6
    Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials PoserCF
    Victoria 6 PoserCF

You'll find Victoria 6 in:

Figures: “DAZ People”
    Materials: “DAZ Genesis 2 Female:Victoria 6”
    Pose: “DAZ Genesis 2 Female:Victoria 6 Base”

edited December 1969

In DIM, click the gear (Settings) icon in the upper right, then click on the Settings tab, and post a screenshot.

• edited December 1969

Okay - here you are, there are three.

In DIM, click the gear (Settings) icon in the upper right, then click on the Settings tab, and post a screenshot.
    Screen_Shot_2014-10-16_at_6.44_.18_PM_.png
    773 x 792 - 106K
    Screen_Shot_2014-10-16_at_6.44_.24_PM_.png
    785 x 845 - 116K
    Screen_Shot_2014-10-16_at_6.46_.59_PM_.png
    780 x 834 - 106K
    edited December 1969

On the Settings dialog click on the Applications tab, the last one. Then click the '+' sign in the lower left to add an entry. Select Poser, the version and bit-depth, and enter the path (which should be something like /Applications/Smith Micro/PoserPro 2012). Then you should be able to install DSON Importer.

• edited December 1969

YES! I did everything you said and it works! You are the best, thanks for helping me, you saved my life! Gina

On the Settings dialog click on the Applications tab, the last one. Then click the '+' sign in the lower left to add an entry. Select Poser, the version and bit-depth, and enter the path (which should be something like /Applications/Smith Micro/PoserPro 2012). Then you should be able to install DSON Importer.
    edited December 1969

Glad to hear it's all working!