genesis clothes problems?

dinosaurmad87dinosaurmad87 Posts: 114
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi everyone I may of mentioned this before about the genesis clothes problem I bought the ultimate military basic assets but cannot get the clothes to load up on a genesis model??? I used Daz install manger to place them in the correct place but I'm still not getting them to load up I click on the clothes I want to use but nothing is loading?

Anyone else had this problem with these?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Is it this one you are using : http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-ultimate-military-basic

It sounds like you may be clicking on a texture (material), and that will only load if the item it is intended for is already loaded. In other words, load the item first, then apply the texture.

• dinosaurmad87dinosaurmad87 Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Yes that is the one. I actually loaded genesis model up and then went into clothes and clicked on the texture for it to load up but nothing happened, would you like a screenshot of what I've done?

edited December 1969

The clothes are models, just like Genesis, and need to be loaded first.

What you appear to be doing, is trying to load a texture for a clothing item, before loading the clothing item itself. Can you post a screenshot of where you are loading this from? Thank you.

edited December 1969

Sure here is a screenshot

clothes_for_genesis.png
    1440 x 900 - 371K
    edited December 1969

Yes, that is Materials that you are trying to load.

I don't have this set, but the Product Page says '•Ultimate Military Basic: (.DUF and .CR2) ' CR2 files are Poser Character files, and will be found in the Content Library > Poser Formats > My Library > Figures, where exactly I don't know offhand (maybe V3D like the DS format
    ones?)

If you go back one level, to Ultimate Military Basic, are there any icons for loading the clothing items in there? If not, you would need to look in Poser Formats for the clothing items themselves.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited May 2014

The "clothing figure" (DUF) files are one directory higher, so in that "Ultimate Military Basic" folder. Just load the clothing figures first (like MilitaryTShirt), then select that MilitaryTShirt figure in the scene, and load the appropriate material. The material files basically only change the appearance of the clothing figure in this case, they do not load the clothing itself.

Post edited by Renpatsu on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2014

I do not know it is your problem or not, but you seems use daz studio 4.0 version.
    if you use ds 4..6 or above,, with duf file type,,
    you may see each file type labell as icon, eg "material"," wardlobe" etc.

from your pic, I can not see any type with icon. (or is there option to hide file type from icon?)
    it may cause some difficultiy to distinguish each file type., i think.

then,, as I can see from the web linked prodcut page,,
    the product seems to be made for daz studio 4.6 (and poser) (duf) only,,:shut:

if there is no dsf preset file,, you can not use the product in ds 4.0 I think,,
    (though Gimmy and renpatu said , you must need to serch files in parent directory for material)

I strongly suggest you update ds to 4.6 ,if you do not have problem with ds 4.5 for your PC,,

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Yes, that is Materials that you are trying to load.

I don't have this set, but the Product Page says '•Ultimate Military Basic: (.DUF and .CR2) ' CR2 files are Poser Character files, and will be found in the Content Library > Poser Formats > My Library > Figures, where exactly I don't know offhand (maybe V3D like the DS format
    ones?)

If you go back one level, to Ultimate Military Basic, are there any icons for loading the clothing items in there? If not, you would need to look in Poser Formats for the clothing items themselves.

I checked in Poser formats which is where I go for my Dinosaur models and that is all I have in there in figures?

edited May 2014

I do not know it is your problem or not, but you seems use daz studio 4.0 version.
    if you use ds 4..6 or above,, with duf file type,,
    you may see each file type labell as icon, eg "material"," wardlobe" etc.

from your pic, I can not see any type with icon. (or is there option to hide file type from icon?)
    it may cause some difficultiy to distinguish each file type., i think.

then,, as I can see from the web linked prodcut page,,
    the product seems to be made for daz studio 4.6 (and poser) (duf) only,,:shut:

if there is no dsf preset file,, you can not use the product in ds 4.0 I think,,
    (though Gimmy and renpatu said , you must need to serch files in parent directory for material)

I strongly suggest you update ds to 4.6 ,if you do not have problem with ds 4.5 for your PC,,

If I update to 4.6 will I need to uninstall the original one or will it just update the software? I have as I have lots of models and aniblocks I've created on there will I loose everything?

Post edited by dinosaurmad87 on
    edited May 2014

I can not give you any garantee. ^^;

Edit
    (you may need new topic about how to up-date ds 4.6 from ds 4.0 safety,to get many advice in forum menber,,
    I should ask many things if I were you ^^; understand your feeling clear.)

I think we can install only one daz studio 4 in same PC,, (and it is recommended)
    so that you must need to un-install ds 4.0 , to install ds 4.6 (or beta)

(though we can install ds 4.6 and ds 4.6 beta,, but I do not think, we can install ds 4.0 and ds 4.6 beta
    and it caused many problems for me before)

But up-date to ds 4.6, means just un-install aprications (and plug-ins buillt in contents for ds 4.0 only) clean
    then install new ds 4.6 , CMS, and plug-ins for ds 4.6.(if they have been version up - ed for ds 4.6)

if you get free plug-ins which offered for ds 4.0 , about some plug-ins may not work as you expected.

The important things is keep clean un-install by installer (if they has been offered ).
    about aprication (daz studio 4.0), CMS, and buillt in contents. then re-install by DIM all you needs correclty.

if you have same plug-ins which made for diffrent version,, un-install old and install new for ds 4.6 only.
    may need set-up again about some plug-ins.

Actually As for me,, it was not so easy up-date to ds 4.5 from ds 4.0. (almost two years before,, I think ^^;)

Basically most of items which you used in ds 4.0 , and scene, preset which you saved in ds 4.0 can be used in ds 4.6
    as same as before.

about dsf preset files which you saved in ds 4.0, you may use them without problem.
    But you can not use duf files ( saved in ds 4.6) in ds 4.0 again. so that you may better copy directories
    which you saved files for ds 4.0, as different name,, then keep them safety.

Eg about some original saved scenefiles (.daz),
    When I opend some .dsz scene files in ds 4.5 then save them as duf,, I found problems,,
    but re-save them again as duf,, usually it remove problem ,,

I can not say ,, you can use all files which you saved before without problem.
    But after you set-up correctly,, it must offer you many advantage,,,,As for me I can not think to use ds 4.0 again,,

Then you may better to ask all about which you feel worry to daz support one by one.

(or ask user who recently up-dated to ds 4.6 in forum. then try to set-up one by one. with correct step.)

not all, but some user may found difficulity to up-date ds 4.6 and set-up correctly,

And I do not know, at current,, we can get old daz studio 4.0 version when you need,, , from daz
    (though if you have CD or old installer or zip for each (bullit in contents, ds 4.0, or plug ins)
    it should work,,

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is the Clothing. You are trying to load only Materials. Load this first then Apply the Materials...

Capture-001.png
    365 x 809 - 64K
    edited December 1969

I am worry ,, OP could up-date ds to 4.6 without problem ,,^^;

Then I do not hope to return start point to solve his problem.

(He use daz studio 4.0, But the product was released for ds 4.6 and poser, with duf preset and cr2.
    not offered as dsf preset files.so that he can not load clothings in ds 4.0
    Even though he could find character (wealable) preset files .)

edited December 1969

@kitakoredaz
    You are right, if the OP is using DS 4.0, he will not be able to load the clothes in the DUF format (DUF only works in DS4.5 or later)

@dinosaurmad87
    You will need to upgrade your version of DAZ Studio to use these DUF files as shown by Jaderail, they will NOT work in DS4.0 which is the version you are using.

edited December 1969

Oh they are running DS4.0? Only DS4.5 and above will read .duf so yes upgrading will be needed.

edited December 1969

right ok I'll upgrade then if that's the issue :) what will happen to all my aniblocks I've created will I loose them all or can I save them into the new daz folder (4.6) when I've installed it?

edited December 1969

You don't need to reinstall any content, just upgrade DAZ Studio to the latest version, and leave your content where it is. All of your previous content will work, and remain where it is.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You will need to install:
    "Genesis Starter Essentials"
    "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials"
    "Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials"
    "Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio"

All other content will be left as is, whether purchased or created by you.

edited December 1969

My Base DAZ Studio content folder now goes all the way back to DS2. It has been moved, renamed and added to very much from the DAZ Studio 2 days until now. All my content loads and works. When upgrading DAZ Studio only the Program changes. It does not change your content in anyway. I also still have DS2 folder a DS3 folder all plain too.

As long as your content is installed properly, as in not in the Programs Folders any more, and you configure the Paths in DAZ Studio properly your content will out last your Hard Drive. Mine has twice now. (Bad Drives but I have back ups.)

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited June 2014

Just for general info:
    Its possible to have to have both DAZ3d Studio 4.0 and 4.6 installed on the same machine; I have had both installed together on the same machine and encountered no problems with doing so. As well the new 4.6 version uses a newer type of database different from the ones used in older versions of daz3d.

Post edited by KinnieM on
    edited June 2014

KinnieM said:
    Just for general info:
    Its possible to have to have both DAZ3d Studio 4.0 and 4.6 installed on the same machine; I have had both installed together on the same machine and encountered no problems with doing so. As well the new 4.6 version uses a newer type of database different from the ones used in older versions of daz3d.
    Not on the same partition unless one of the two versions is a Beta version. The default is for DAZ Studio to replace the older version. And two versions will most times share the configuration files even if one is a beta and the other is not.
    I'm not saying it is not possible to do, it is just not standard default installs to have two full versions on a PC is all.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Your correct in that if you were using the installer it would be a bit trickier to have more then one on the same partition but using Dim you can download and then place the daz3d program version manually into the DAZ3D folder within the C drive Program folder without any issues (At least I have never encountered any) as long as each are named differently from each other. An example would be DAZ3D 4.6 and DAZ3D 4.0 folders.

At one point I had 4.0, 4.5 and two different versions of 4.6 and none were beta and all ran just fine; you just have to be comfortable doing things manually. The only reason I removed the different versions is that I really like the latest one and I was running out of space on my hard-drive.

edited December 1969

Yes that would work, I'll add this to my Tips and Tricks collection for keeping.

• stocksstocks Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

I am on a mac I have problems with everything from Daz.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

stocks said:
    I am on a mac I have problems with everything from Daz.

What kind of problems? Installing, finding, don't work right,...?

edited December 1969

On my Apple Mac I have problems with all Daz products installing the manager, installing models. I have been on help support for days and missed several deadlines for my client the BBC. I just am unable to get a model to download and come into Poser it just impossible. My face goes grey went Daz is mentioned. I have wasted days and whole nights trying to make Daz products work. My colleagues have all given up trying and Im about to before I go out of business. Have 2 help tickets open and are getting nowhere with the level of support.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

stocks said:
    On my Apple Mac I have problems with all Daz products installing the manager, installing models. I have been on help support for days and missed several deadlines for my client the BBC. I just am unable to get a model to download and come into Poser it just impossible. My face goes grey went Daz is mentioned. I have wasted days and whole nights trying to make Daz products work. My colleagues have all given up trying and Im about to before I go out of business. Have 2 help tickets open and are getting nowhere with the level of support.

To establish a baseline for your problems, I need to know:
    (1) What version of Mac OS X are you running?
    (2) Will you use the models with Poser or with DAZ Studio?

I will ask more once these are answered, the only way to track down the problem to solve it.

edited December 1969

help support have got back to me but after repeatedly telling them that I use a Apple mac computer running 10.9.3 all the instructions are for a PC.

edited October 2014

OS X 10.9.3
    Poser10, no idea what DAZ studio is or does.
    File is Ape World 2 - Gorilla HD.
    I need to pose just the hands for a magazine cover for the BBC.
    Other files from last week are also not working but the deadline has come and gone and had to hire
    a guy to do artwork instead.

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Are you using the DSON importer

edited December 1969

No install manager 1.1.0.27 none has mentioned that. Have not idea what that is or how to find it. Is it a separate downloading program is it something that works from within Poser 10.