Does hair for older figures work for Genesis 2?

XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm looking for short "modern looking" hair for the Genesis 2 male that look very realistic, but I can't find that many options. However, there is a large library of short hair for male but they are mostly for Michael 3 or Michael 4. Does anyone know if hair for older figures are compatible for Genesis 2 figures? I already bought Boris Hair, which is great, but I'm looking for more variations.

Some examples:
http://www.daz3d.com/neftis3d/billyhawk-hair
http://www.daz3d.com/short/daryl-hairstyle

Thanks!

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

I have the Daryl hair but I haven't tested it on g2m yet. Most hairs can be parented to a figure instead of fitting it and then using adjustment morphs to get it to look right.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305
    edited December 1969

Most short hair products are props so can not be autofitted to G2M, assuming you have the M3 and M4 shapes for G2M. However you can easily get them to fit, particularly if they have the clone shapes. For M4 hair props you do the following:

1) Load G2M
    2) Morph G2M into the M4 shape.
    3) Load the M4 hair prop and parent it to G2M's head
    4) Remove the M4 morph, and then change G2M into any shape you need, the hair should scale to match. This worked in most shapes I changed to, but some extreme ones like A3's head did not work.

I have attached a pic showing G2M base shape with K-Nicky hair for M4 (fitted using above method), and M3 Long Beard, short beard option (Fitted using auto fit with the M3 shape).

G2M-Hair.png
    834 x 882 - 611K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited October 2014

You can even add smoothing collisions to the hair prop so it will fit nicely on the head after you get the rough scaling right.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

Smoothing works fine with parented hair too
    short hair is much better parented than conformed anyway IMHO

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,023
    edited December 1969

Daryl Hair fis to G2M automatically. BillyHawk does not.

Below you will see BillyHawk on G2M/M6.As a short hair, it works fine because it doesn't change the rigging in the long bits to conform weird to the movement. Here is what I did to make it work without having to refit it every time in Daz 4.6.

1) Load in G2M with no morphs.
    2) Load in BillyHawk without conforming it to G2M (parent it to the head though--this should be the default double click behavior).
    3) Use the translates and scales to get it where you like it.
    (my settings were yTran 11.14; zTran 1.22; Scale 107.2%; xScale 97.6% on the base BillyHawk, not the BillyHawk_M4)
    4) Select it in the scene tab then go to File > Save as > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Assets
    5) Give it a name and hit Save.
    6) Fill in the names and categories if you want to make it easier to find.
    7) Hit Accept

You should have a figure/prop that will load to G2M. For some reason transfer utility isn't working on it and wipes the style morphs. I'm sure there's a more elegant way to do this, but that's all I got for ya now.

BillyHawk.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited October 2014

The style morphs aren't wiped. They just become hidden and are there somewhere. Just go through the hair morph directories. I'm pretty sure you will find them there somewhere.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    The style morphs aren't wiped. They just become hidden and are there somewhere. Just go through the hair morph directories. I'm pretty sure you will find them there somewhere.

Search for a folder called "auto-adapted". I find all items I autofit there.

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited December 1969

Thank you all taking time to respond. I'll try to get both of these and follow the instructions provided. Hopefully I'll post some images once I try them out. Thanks a bunch again!